Cable News Last Night

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
I was just flippin' through the stations last night.

CNN was covering Haiti.

MSNBC was covering Haiti.

FoxNews was covering the Massachusetts Senate rate.

Well really, what's more important to Americans?

The disaster in Haiti or the Senate race?

Why would the Massachusetts senate race be important to Americans? I can see it being important in Massachusetts. I can see the result being of some importance to some Americans. But the vote isn't for nearly a week and most of it is bullshit politics as usual, with the media supercharging the issues as best fits their respective agendas.

In any case, to say that it is more important to Americans in general that the death of tens, or possibly hundreds of thousands of people would be to give credence to the view that Americans are heartless, arrogant, insular and altogether too self-absorbed.

I have not discussed the Massachusetts senate race with anyone. I have however discussed the tragic situation in Haiti.

FWIW, the lead story on the Fox, CNN and MSNBC homepages right now is Haiti.

I wonder why libtards feel the need to think they have the power to write the moral rules and decide what is and is not important to other people.. beats the hell outta me.

I wonder why libtards feel the need to think they have the power to write the moral rules and decide what is and is not important to other people.. beats the hell outta me.

Probably for the same reasons that some Republicans do.

CNN was covering Haiti.

Thats weird I was watching those 3 last night and they were talking about Haiti on Shep smith on fox news and the MA senate race on CNN.

Then later they were talking about haiti on cnn and scott brown on fox.

I didn't turn on MSNBC for more than 2 min so i'm not sure about them.

I watch all of those stations, and all of them have been reporting on haiti almost full time. The op is deluded if he thinks otherwise.
We better have reporting on other issues because this group of idiots we have in power has already stated they "will let no emergency go wasted". They will use anything as cover, for their own advantage.

Why would the Massachusetts senate race be important to Americans? I can see it being important in Massachusetts. I can see the result being of some importance to some Americans. But the vote isn't for nearly a week and most of it is bullshit politics as usual, with the media supercharging the issues as best fits their respective agendas.

In any case, to say that it is more important to Americans in general that the death of tens, or possibly hundreds of thousands of people would be to give credence to the view that Americans are heartless, arrogant, insular and altogether too self-absorbed.

I have not discussed the Massachusetts senate race with anyone. I have however discussed the tragic situation in Haiti.

FWIW, the lead story on the Fox, CNN and MSNBC homepages right now is Haiti.

Many in america are viewing the MA Senate race as a referendum on the democrat party's behavior since they took over congress in 2006.

The line of thought is that if Scott Brown, a Republican, Can win in the very blue state of massachussetts (notice the spelling) then it shows the american people are fed up with the dem congress' way of doing things since 06 when they took over.

Some people even go further and say it is a referendum on the Obama administration's policies.

Did I help?

Not to mention if Brown should win (still doubtful imo) he would break the 60 vote majority the Democratic Party holds in the Senate.

-TSO

CNN was covering Haiti.

I was flipping around at another time...

CNN was on a commercial break.

MSNBC was covering Beck/Palin and then Limbaugh.

FoxNews was covering Haiti.

Funny how they don't all do the same programming at the same time.

-TSO

Yeah!

And there was also that time during the Katrina crisis where FoxNews didn't cover the Katrina story at the exact same moment as CNN and MSNBC!

So, really, there you have it. Nothing else need be said.

FoxNews is clearly a conservative propaganda organ for the evil GOP and they don't give a damn in hell about people of color!

Forum List

Back