Cable Network News Bias

Are Fox and MSNBC biased news channels?

• Yes, they are both neither "fair nor balanced".

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Fox really IS fair and balanced. MSNBC is a liberal mouth-piece.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • MSNBC is unbiased, but Fox is a conservative mouth-piece.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Both Fox and MSNBC are unbiased, trustworthy sources of news.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Fox News (sadly) really is America's news channel, posting the highest (and growing) ratings. From my perspective, Fox reports from a conservative stand point, and I would even deign to say that Fox's conservative bias is very obvious.

MSNBC (Fox's counterpart), is to me, a liberal, a leftist version a Fox (albeit less successful) and often times just as bad as Fox when it comes to political leanings.

Do you not agree?

Yep, I agree. I don't watch either of them. I prefer the term "infotainment" channels to "news", though. That's the majority of their programming, on both sides.

Meh, they are both shills for the state. I'd watch Fox from time to time - I can filter out the biases - but hell, Entertainment Tonight spends less time on celebrity bullshit than Fox does.

Cable Network News isn't the best source for News. I think we can call agree on that. Unfortunately it really is hard to find reliable & credible news sources. Just about all are biased these days. Several independent studies have been done in recent years and have all concluded that our MSM is dominated by Liberals/Democrats though.

Most journalist employees in the MSM are registered Democrats. This includes most major newspapers and publicly funded media outlets like NPR & PBS. I think the bias at NPR & PBS is the most disturbing though. These are Government Tax Payer funded media outlets therefore shouldn't reflect any bias. So i'm most disappointed in them. All that being said,you can still find some credible news out there. It just takes time & effort. You'll know bias when you see it. So I wish you the best of luck on your quest for reliable news. It's hard but it's worth the quest.

Last edited:
Cable Network News isn't the best source for News. I think we can call agree on that. Unfortunately it really is hard to find reliable & credible news sources. Just about all are biased these days. Several independent studies have been done in recent years and have all concluded that our MSM is dominated by Liberals/Democrats though.

Most journalist employees in the MSM are registered Democrats. This includes most major newspapers and publicly funded media outlets like NPR & PBS. I think the bias at NPR & PBS is the most disturbing. These are Government Tax Payer funded media outlets therefore shouldn't reflect any bias. So i'm most disappointed in them. All that being said,you can still find some credible news out there. It just takes time & effort. You'll know bias when you see it. So I wish you the best of luck on your quest for reliable news. It's hard but it's worth the quest.

I think the best news source is one that never offers an opinion...just the straight facts. Pundits and discussion panels automatically result in bias and spin.

The news segments on Fox are very good. Cavuto is excellent. Hannity, etc. are what they are.. right leaning. Then again, they don't purport to be "news". They will be the first to admit thwy are partisan.

So what? Like Gibson, Reynolds, Olbermann, Maddow, Mathews, Armanpour, etc. aren't extremely partisan? One notable diference... they claim to be journalists.

The news segments on Fox are very good. Cavuto is excellent. Hannity, etc. are what they are.. right leaning. Then again, they don't purport to be "news". They will be the first to admit thwy are partisan.

So what? Like Gibson, Reynolds, Olbermann, Maddow, Mathews, Armanpour, etc. aren't extremely partisan? One notable diference... they claim to be journalists.

Do they?

You make an excellent point. Amanpour and the rest of the Liberal-leaning personalities do claim to be journalists. Obviously they are not. I still can't believe that ABC gave the "This Week" show to Amanpour. That was as blatantly Liberally Biased as it gets. I can't trust ABC all that much anymore. Amanpour is a well known extreme Left Wing activist. That's why most Americans no longer trust the MSM. They're desperate to find alternative sources for their news. Thank God some of those alternatives do now exist. So I agree with your assessment. Thanks.

Last edited:
I think the best news source is one that never offers an opinion...just the straight facts. Pundits and discussion panels automatically result in bias and spin.

You found a news channel that never offers an opinion??????.......Not being able to get the Mars news channel I generally switch between FXN/CNN/MSNBC and see where the battle-lines are being drawn.

I like FXN because they have a debate format so I can usually pick out who is bullshitting. On MSNBC they have bitch sessions whining about some liberal talking points. You will never hear both sides of an argument, and you will never see Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin or Laura Ingraham on MSNBC debating with Olberman/Maddow. They could never debate at the higher levels.

Last edited:

Really? Cause I've never heard any of them claim to be unbiased. In fact, they're all pretty openly liberal.

Forum List

Back