Cabin Fevah

Sheldon

Apr 2, 2010
I has it. :doubt:

It's snowing like shit right now, and it's been like this ALL day. Probably over a foot in total. Everything is shut down or closing early. Even with the plows out, you can barely tell the difference between the road and the not road.

Dammit, Algore. :evil:

It's heading our way down to Indy tonight....I was going to go to a party, but decided to stay home instead because I DO NOT want to drive home in that mess, or any of my friends to drive me home in it.

We're going to have 20 below wind chill tomorrow night and Monday morning, just in time for the kiddos to freeze at their bus stops!

(Praying for school to be cancelled... :eusa_pray: ........I still have no heat in my classroom either :( )

It's heading our way down to Indy tonight....I was going to go to a party, but decided to stay home instead because I DO NOT want to drive home in that mess, or any of my friends to drive me home in it.

We're going to have 20 below wind chill tomorrow night and Monday morning, just in time for the kiddos to freeze at their bus stops!

(Praying for school to be cancelled... :eusa_pray: ........I still have no heat in my classroom either :( )

20 below.....what? :eusa_eh:

I has it. :doubt:

It's snowing like shit right now, and it's been like this ALL day. Probably over a foot in total. Everything is shut down or closing early. Even with the plows out, you can barely tell the difference between the road and the not road.

Dammit, Algore. :evil:
sheldon,

Resign yourself to it because you have no choice.

Put on your longjohns, your warm clothes and boots, go outside and contemplate the rare beauty of a falling snow. And be happy and thankful that you have a warm place to go when you're cold and tired. Right now you're in that place so you can't appreciate it.

Some really good reads for a snowy day:

Alone In The Wilderness: Richard Proenneke

The Hierarchy Of Human Needs: Abraham Maslow

On Walden Pond: H.D. Thoreau

We're going to get the same thing tomorrow. I'm sure schools will be cloised.

I finally got heat in my classroom. I told the kids to have their parents call since my requests were being ignored.

A few years ago we went months without heat. I finally sent a "sweet" email to my principal informing him that my husband was a licensed heating contractor and I had invited him in to take a look at it. Within 10 minutes, there were three "suits" in my room, assessing the temperature. By the next day, it was fixed. I think they were terrified that a real plumber might see what an effed up system we have.

Perhaps you could try something like that? :lol:

(Praying for school to be cancelled...........I still have no heat in my classroom either )

I finally got heat in my classroom. I told the kids to have their parents call since my requests were being ignored.

A few years ago we went months without heat. I finally sent a "sweet" email to my principal informing him that my husband was a licensed heating contractor and I had invited him in to take a look at it. Within 10 minutes, there were three "suits" in my room, assessing the temperature. By the next day, it was fixed. I think they were terrified that a real plumber might see what an effed up system we have.

Perhaps you could try something like that?

Your education system is far more compassionate than what I was used to as a boy. I remember one particularly cold winter I was in my English class listening to a rather stentorian Mr Griffiths dictating verbs. I could take no more and cautiously raised my hand to attract my school masters attention.

Little Swagger: 'Sir.'

School master: 'What is it, boy?'

LS: 'Sir, it's fweezing in here. Can we put the heating on?'

SM: 'Is everyone else feeling cold?'

Class: 'Yes, s-s-s-sir.'

SM: 'In that case, I suggest you warm yourselves up by writing faster! Any more noise out of you and you'll get the cane!!'

Oh and, Sheldon. Buy yourself a yo-yo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back