CA State Bar says illegals should be allowed to practice law!!!

California sliding into the ocean can't come soon enough.

Lets rent a bulldozer and speed up the process. Let him wait on his visa in what ever country he came from. I am sick of illegals want what i earned and my family earned and gave me.

Agreed, this is not only an insult to all citizens its like a slap in the face to all "legal" immigrants who worked so hard for their citizenship and not only that it encourages more Illegal immigration and less legal immigration

NO CITENSHIP, NO AMERICAN RIGHTS!

it doesn't quite work that way.

and luckily this person fits exactly into that group which is now somewhat protected from deporation.

and just as the law requires that illegals get paid for work they've done (since business owners can't get away without paying the people they hire), this person did everything required for his law license.

and i'd point out that HE didn't violate any laws. he was brought here as a child. does it make sense for him to be deported after he's proven that he will be a productive member of our society? we don't have limitless resources in that regard.

and luckily this person fits exactly into that group which is now somewhat protected from deporation.

and just as the law requires that illegals get paid for work they've done (since business owners can't get away without paying the people they hire), this person did everything required for his law license.

and i'd point out that HE didn't violate any laws. he was brought here as a child. does it make sense for him to be deported after he's proven that he will be a productive member of our society? we don't have limited resources in that regard.

Yes it does, regardless of if your productive or not if you have no citenship then you have no right to anything a citizen would have a right to and that includes living in this country.

and i'd point out that HE didn't violate any laws. he was brought here as a child. does it make sense for him to be deported after he's proven that he will be a productive member of our society? we don't have limited resources in that regard.

I agree... this is the only point i would agree with. If the "child" in question is valuable to this country....or would be a valuable part of society...they should be allowed to stay and apply for citizenship.... When i say valuable..i mean they have served in the military or are some kind of educated professional.....

However..... when we are having demonstrations of illegals, in my opinion that is the perfect time to round them all up and ship them home.... it is after all what we are paying them to do....

What a joke our legal system is when even lawyers say criminal invaders of america can be lawyers!

California bar: Illegal immigrant should get law license - U.S. News

California bar: Illegal immigrant should get law license

Updated at 445 p.m. ET -- An illegal immigrant applying for a law license in California should be allowed to receive it, the State Bar of California argues in a filing to the state Supreme Court.

Sergio Garcia, 35, of Chico, Calif., has met the rules for admission, including passing the bar exam and the moral character review, and his lack of legal status in the United States should not automatically disqualify him, the Committee of Bar Examiners said Monday.

“ … Mr. Garcia’s status in the United States, should not, ipso facto, be grounds for excluding him from law licensure. He has met all of the prescribed qualifications and there is no reason to believe he cannot take the oath and faithfully uphold his duties as an attorney,” the bar said.

Garcia's father is a naturalized citizen, according to the bar, and Garcia is waiting for a visa that would give him legal permanent residency. His application for a law license is being weighed by the court because his case is unprecedented in the state, the bar committee said.

What a bunch of bullshit. I am very sorry...i you want to practice law in this country...you damn well should have to be a citizen to do that.

I question whether or not he legitimately passed the moral qualifications review. One of the qualifications is that the person did not lie or intentionally mislead to gain an advantage. If he ever lied to a college, or on any document, he should be automatically disqualified.

I agree... this is the only point i would agree with. If the "child" in question is valuable to this country....or would be a valuable part of society...they should be allowed to stay and apply for citizenship.... When i say valuable..i mean they have served in the military or are some kind of educated professional.....

However..... when we are having demonstrations of illegals, in my opinion that is the perfect time to round them all up and ship them home.... it is after all what we are paying them to do....

the article makes it clear that his application is pending, and his father has already become a citizen.

the bar of a state determines the qualifications to be a lawyer.

he did exactly what the american dream said he should do. why would we discourage that?

our options are to deport everyone...which we can't afford....

or we can let them work... which this guy did everything he had to in order to do ... (remember, he'll be paying a lot in taxes)... \

or we can not deport him... since we don't have the money to deport every tom dick and harry and deporting the son of a naturalized citizen is stupid... and let him live on the dole.

that's just not a rational way to deal with these issues.

What a joke our legal system is when even lawyers say criminal invaders of america can be lawyers!

What a bunch of bullshit. I am very sorry...i you want to practice law in this country...you damn well should have to be a citizen to do that.

I question whether or not he legitimately passed the moral qualifications review. One of the qualifications is that the person did not lie or intentionally mislead to gain an advantage. If he ever lied to a college, or on any document, he should be automatically disqualified.

yokie dokie.

I agree....

For me... i would prefer that they all be shipped home along with their parents.

Jose Vargas is a journalist here illegally from the Phillipines. He openly admits to using a stolen social security card. His grandfather bought it on the street when Vargas was in high school. There has been no question of what misery his stolen identification caused the victim. Or perhaps the victim was dead.

There is a big market in the social security numbers of dead people. The social security numbers of dead people with good credit can bring in thousands of dollars. It begs the question of how death can be guaranteed but that's another crime.

the article makes it clear that his application is pending, and his father has already become a citizen.

the bar of a state determines the qualifications to be a lawyer.

he did exactly what the american dream said he should do. why would we discourage that?

our options are to deport everyone...which we can't afford....

or we can let them work... which this guy did everything he had to in order to do ... (remember, he'll be paying a lot in taxes)... \

or we can not deport him... since we don't have the money to deport every tom dick and harry and deporting the son of a naturalized citizen is stupid... and let him live on the dole.

that's just not a rational way to deal with these issues.

I understand jillian. Its a complicated issue. He should be allowed to take the bar...when his citizenship is final. His parents should support him until he becomes a citizen... they brought him into this country illegally...they should damn well pay for him until the son is legal himself.. No dole involved.

Also want it nice of the parents to become citizen and leave their child in the dust?

Yes, we should discourage the American dream from anyone who is not an American citizen. A legal American citizen.

Garcia is an undocumented immigrant. He has not broken a criminal law. If a court so rules, he is guilty of a violation of civil law. Since he has not been found guilty of anything, I don't see how the court can deny him a license unless there is more to the story than what's in the media.

IMHO, he earned his law degree, passed his law exams, and should be licensed.

I agree....

For me... i would prefer that they all be shipped home along with their parents.

why? this person is troubling you? competing with you? taking anything that is yours?

and it's not realistic to think we have the resources to ship home the decent people.

We may not be able to ship them all home, but we do not have to facilitate their staying here.

I agree....

why? this person is troubling you? competing with you? taking anything that is yours?

and it's not realistic to think we have the resources to ship home the decent people.

If he grew up here in this state..if he went to public schools... my tax dollars paid for that. The school system would be in far better shape if it was not paying for the education if illegals.

If he was given money to go to college.... my tax dollars... or money that could have been awarded to American citizens competing for the same money then that is unfair to he citizens of this country.

If his classes were small and only a few were allowed to attend.. then to took the spot of someone who is not there under false pretenses.

Again... i do not think we should send the decent people home.... I would say that is about 50%.

I DO think we need to send the marginal ones back home. I think she need to ship the ones under 18 home along with their parents.

He wants to be a lawyer... he of all people should know ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break the law.

We may not be able to ship them all home, but we do not have to facilitate their staying here.

America is the laughingstock of the world because of how we coddle invaders. We give them jobs and free health care and free k-12 . This criminal attended our colleges and now demands the right to practice law in our courts!!!

Deport all known illegals - no exceptions.

If someone robs a bank a thousand miles from you, do you support letting him go on grounds that he's not threat to you personally?

Garcia is an undocumented immigrant. He has not broken a criminal law. If a court so rules, he is guilty of a violation of civil law. Since he has not been found guilty of anything, I don't see how the court can deny him a license unless there is more to the story than what's in the media.

IMHO, he earned his law degree, passed his law exams, and should be licensed.

He has admitted he's an illegal and should be deported. That ends the issue right there.

[

Lawyers are NOT valuable. Just useless parasites. If this guy was trained as an engineer or architect or physicist or computer scientist, even i would support giving him a visa.

and i'd point out that HE didn't violate any laws. he was brought here as a child. does it make sense for him to be deported after he's proven that he will be a productive member of our society? we don't have limitless resources in that regard.

Where is your evidence he came here as a kid? They all say that.

And lawyers are NOT productive members of our society. What do they produce ?

Where is your evidence he came here as a kid? They all say that.

And lawyers are NOT productive members of our society. What do they produce ?

When you need one.... you will know.

Forum List

Back