CA State Air Board Wants Black Cars Banned

It's true that black car will use more energy for air conditioning. that said:

My car is jet black with black leather and let's not forget a V8 engine.

Al Gore can go fuck himself.

It sucks, these environazis from California are moving here too much to. This hoax/con game of "global warming" has GOT to end.

Given that almost all the heat transfered from outside to inside of a car occurs through those big glass windows this seems like a rather pathetic idea even for the stated purpose. You could accomplish more by mandating a certain level of window tinting. But then cops don't like excessive window tinting and I really can't say I blame them.

Given that almost all the heat transfered from outside to inside of a car occurs through those big glass windows this seems like a rather pathetic idea even for the stated purpose. You could accomplish more by mandating a certain level of window tinting. But then cops don't like excessive window tinting and I really can't say I blame them.

It's really just another excuse to force people to pay another "green" company more money than they want to.

but of course the whole damn environmental movement is little more than a smoke screen to empower government. You know how many people die yearly because we outlawed DDT on the flimsiest of evidence?

but of course the whole damn environmental movement is little more than a smoke screen to empower government. You know how many people die yearly because we outlawed DDT on the flimsiest of evidence?

Is DDT that stuff they used to spray to keep the mosquito population down? Aaahh, I loved that smell; brings back fond memories of summers and the Jersey shore.

I have lived in Arizona for years, I used to have a black PU truck. I hated to take it to Phoenix during the summer. It got much hotter inside than my other cars that were other colors did. The AC in the black truck was constantly in need of repair and recharge. Tinting the windows helped, but not much. I don't ever want a black car in this area ever again.
On the other hand, I don't think the state should be able to tell what color of car I, or anyone else, can drive.
That's just a veiled excuse to increase the state's power over it's citizen's. This sets a dangerous precendent, and it usually seems to lead to more such 'rules'.
One may have complete trust in their leaders and their motives for taking this action. When another set of leaders comes into power they may not be so trustworthy..............

Hmm, will Obama change all those black Secret Service urban assault SUVs to a better envirowacko color?

....I suggest pinko...

...and while he's at it....he should get rid of the SUVs too....I envision a Presidential cavalcade of pink SMART FORTWO cars...:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
March 26

If you think black is a hot color for a car, you're not alone. The California Air Resources Board thinks the same thing. And that's a problem.

The CARB believes the air conditioning systems in black cars work harder and waste more energy than the ones in lighter colored cars.

It also wants the car companies to come up with new, more energy efficent paints.

But they haven't been able to come up with a new black paint.

The best the carmakers can do, so far, looks like "mud-puddle brown."

KESQ.com Palm Springs, Coachella Valley - Weather, News, Sports: State Air Board Wants Black Cars Banned

wooo even rocks in the head has to think this one is off the charts
I'm telling ya soon you will not be allowed to go to the bathroom in
California

But you can smoke all the weed you want.:lol:

Why do they assume people who drive black cars use more energy? I drive a black car, and I hardly ever use my air conditioner.

What about the fucks who ride around with their sunroof open on a hot day AND blast the A/C to keep cool?

Black absorbs heat. White reflects it. Black vehicles ARE hotter than light colored ones. That is not an assumption.

I've owned one dark-colored car and will not own another.

That being said, I'm sure properly inflating ones tires would offset any gain by banning black cars.:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back