CA Sales Tax Drops 1%

The Guvinator wanted people to vote on taxes? but then his own party shot him down?

:lol:

But thanks for clearing up that it wasn't an idea by the dems to lower taxes. I was looking up the suicide hot line number b/c I thought I had seen everything.

Put the phone down, TT. Don't go checking out on us. You surely wouldn't want to miss that carnival unfold in Ca!!!!

Why do you post? It seems you never have anything intelligent to share? Just curious.

I don't post often because of work. I usually wait for you to regale us all with your brilliant incite on falderal.

Sales tax is not attached to food purchased in California Grocery stores. The tax is applied to food prepared and sold to a consumer in restaurants. Individuals will benefit very little form this cut of 1%. However, because the GOP refused to let the people decide, state beachers, parks and campgrounds will be closed or not maintained; and cities, counties and special districts have been cut, meaning pot holes will grow, streets will not be cleaned and more Californians will be unemployed.

This in a nut shell. If CA has to close beaches and parks, it will lose out on jobs attached to those areas as well as lose out on revenue from tourists.

It's interesting that none of the "conservatives" here are even attempting to show how this tax cut will increase jobs and businesses in CA.

You might want to scroll back, b/c I think I did a fairly good job, with limited first hand knowlege of CA.

do they have city and county level governments in CA?

Ya know, where local people can take care of thier local parks?

Yes, and we have state parks that are to be taken care of by, you know, the state.

Could these state parks be taken care of by the locals? Or does the state insist on running most things?

here's a hint at what I'm getting at;

CA gov needs to shrink down and let the locals take care of what they feel needs to be taken care of.

California taxes: Some California taxes take a dip - latimes.com

Reporting from Sacramento and Los Angeles -- Millions of California shoppers and car owners are in for some rare good news from Sacramento: tax cuts.

Starting Friday, the statewide sales tax rate drops by one percentage point — a penny on the dollar — and the annual vehicle license charge that drivers pay tumbles by 43%.

Well, this will be a good test of "conservative" tax policy.

If you did your homework you would know that the increase was a temporary thing to increase tax revenue in california for the past 3-5 years. Now it has expired and we will have to vote any new increases. So no, this is not about conservative policy cutting taxes, it is about expiring policy.

I suggest you follow your name and not be stupid.

This is a guy who need to have it explained to him why having more disposable income is good.

He's an economic illiterate.

First of all, taxes haven't dropped. They've returned to what they were before a temporary hike. Secondly, we already pay some of the highest taxes in the country. Thirdly, our thieving state legislature is still trying to figure a way around the will of the citizens of California and increase taxes without our approval.
All this crud about conservative tax policy has no meaning in California as we are being held for ransom by our own representatives--a ransom they want us to pay.
Scumbags need to be in jail.

First of all, taxes haven't dropped. They've returned to what they were before a temporary hike. Secondly, we already pay some of the highest taxes in the country. Thirdly, our thieving state legislature is still trying to figure a way around the will of the citizens of California and increase taxes without our approval.
All this crud about conservative tax policy has no meaning in California as we are being held for ransom by our own representatives--a ransom they want us to pay.
Scumbags need to be in jail.

I guarantee DontBeStupid's one of the fifty-per centers paying no income tax.

Sales tax is not attached to food purchased in California Grocery stores. The tax is applied to food prepared and sold to a consumer in restaurants. Individuals will benefit very little form this cut of 1%. However, because the GOP refused to let the people decide, state beachers, parks and campgrounds will be closed or not maintained; and cities, counties and special districts have been cut, meaning pot holes will grow, streets will not be cleaned and more Californians will be unemployed.

This in a nut shell. If CA has to close beaches and parks, it will lose out on jobs attached to those areas as well as lose out on revenue from tourists.

It's interesting that none of the "conservatives" here are even attempting to show how this tax cut will increase jobs and businesses in CA.

It's the tea party mentality, simple solutions to complex problems. They never consider the consequences of what they wish for, the unintended ones are the bricks upon which the road to ruin is paved

It's the tea party mentality, simple solutions to complex problems. They never consider the consequences of what they wish for, the unintended ones are the bricks upon which the road to ruin is paved

No, it's the thug mentality of our state legislature to threaten and cajole us into giving more of our money to them by making things tough for no good reason. The state parks are a miniscule part of the state budget--but a visible one. They're putting the squeeze on us lowly citizens. "Give us more cash, or you will all suffer!" The more crap they pile on us--as their thinking goes--the more likely we are to approve tax increases. No, wait, not we, not me, I will not be voting to approve any tax increases. Those fuckers have their hands on one of the largest budgets on the planet--and it's still not enough. Fuck 'em.

Well, then again, they're the ones with their boot on our neck. Maybe it's fuck us.
:evil:

I'll give you this. You are consistent. First reply and already you are dodging the subject and trying to de-rail the thread.

:clap2:

Actually, I'm highly consistent with your theme that taking less taxes is a bad thing.

Wanna try again?

Sure. I'll give you another shot to talk about how CA dropping taxes will lead to new jobs and an increase in business. Go for it.

When your taxation is that high to begin with... this will not make any difference

California taxes: Some California taxes take a dip - latimes.com

Reporting from Sacramento and Los Angeles -- Millions of California shoppers and car owners are in for some rare good news from Sacramento: tax cuts.

Starting Friday, the statewide sales tax rate drops by one percentage point — a penny on the dollar — and the annual vehicle license charge that drivers pay tumbles by 43%.

Well, this will be a good test of "conservative" tax policy.

:lol: bout sums that up donut?:lol:

Forum List

Back