CA Ranked Worst in Country for Business Another YEAR IN A ROW!!!

I am not sure how CA makes it, honestly.

(1) 1.5 million people vacated CA since 2001!
(2) They have such a deficit it's sick and disgusting that they still spend
(3) 8 years in a row voted worst place to do business. For a long time they were consider the PLACE to do business. That is how they built up their great infrastructure. How times have changed
(4) Illegal immigration is bankrupting the schools, hospitals and welfare system.
(5) They have some HUGE teacher shortage, show of the highest student per teacher ratios and are doing horrible. The UNIONS, tenure, unfunded outragenous pensions and free healthcare are to blame. Instead of taking on the Unions and reforming pensions and the tenure system, they give more to the Unions, increase pensions and fire teachers by the hundreds!
(6) Insane business taxation and regulation are causing and exodus of businesses and NONE are starting up to take their place!
(7) Cost of living is so high, I can't see how anyone can afford to live there.

dude, I worked for a landmark silicon valley co. that they chased out, got laid off in April 2009, I had survived several layoffs ( worked there 18 years) before that but this time, they had a bullet with my name on it....why? becasue they closed the whole fucking biz arm that they had running here from the 70's....

I don't blame the co. at all, when they let us go, the CEO told us straight up, they just could not continue to lose the money they had been losing on our plant which they had kept running partly out of/for memories sakes becasue they had pioneered this biz....... I would have done exactly the same thing, folded tents, pulled up stakes and moved on.

And yet, California's population continues to grow and-----and is projected to continue to grow well into the future.

all that glitters is not gold, heres a critical thinking exercise for you ; why if you say, has the pop. grown- BUT, we didn't (for the first time since we have been a state) , add congressional seats?

ponder that and get back to me....don't blow a blood vessel. :lol:

dude, I worked for a landmark silicon valley co. that they chased out, got laid off in April 2009, I had survived several layoffs ( worked there 18 years) before that but this time, they had a bullet with my name on it....why? becasue they closed the whole fucking biz arm that they had running here from the 70's....

I don't blame the co. at all, when they let us go, the CEO told us straight up, they just could not continue to lose the money they had been losing on our plant which they had kept running partly out of/for memories sakes becasue they had pioneered this biz....... I would have done exactly the same thing, folded tents, pulled up stakes and moved on.

And yet, California's population continues to grow and-----and is projected to continue to grow well into the future.

all that glitters is not gold, heres a critical thinking exercise for you ; why if you say, has the pop. grown- BUT, we didn't (for the first time since we have been a state) , add congressional seats?

A growing population with little jobs and a high cost of living is a disaster waiting to happen imo.

Illegal aliens account for a lot of taxpayer handouts in the golden state. Confiscatory taxes and crazy regulations both state and federal drive small businesses out or underground.

I lived in California for 3 years when I was in the Military, I don't see how regular people afford to live there, the cost of living is through the roof and there are very little jobs available and the jobs they do have don't pay much more than they would anywhere else in the country, my girlfriend is from Santa Barbara and her and her family had to move out of there when SB became a tourist destination and basically tripled the rent overnight back in the late 90's, California belongs to the rich and the illegals not normal people.

I agree I don't know how people can afford it. It's the same with downtown Chicago. Taxes through the roof, property has come down, but still very high (especially with all the vacancies), if you have children you need to put them in private school (more expensive than rent or the mortgage), gas is $4.65 TODAY (Highest next to SF and HI), but food, water, UTILITIES, garbage, Associations, Fees, PARKING are insanely high. Honestly, you need a combined income around $120K to be the middle class.

Da Goose has it right when he calls people living so close to the city suckers. You can get a much larger house, with everything costing less the further away from Chictown you go. My buddy moved out to Rockford fromt he city, best decision he could have made.

Why is the cost of living in Chicago so high? Hawaii and San Francisco are popular tourist spots so those places are usually pretty pricey.

It's a huge tourist spot also. Great beaches (we have world famous freshwater beaches), great museums, great sports teams, great hotels, great nightlife etc. Chicago started out densely populated and grew upwards, then larger outwards. Chicago is still the financial hub of the midwest and many people go to the city for work. It's still the 3rd largest city in the country. However, like all big densely populated cities, property is limited people and values shoot up, then the corrupt mayor and outrageously corrupt Unions require more and more money, requiring more and more revenue (via higher property, sales, liquor, food, utility, gas and hidden taxes + red-light cameras, parking fees and million other hidden fees. Chicago is no different than LA in that sense.

I still love Chictown and always will, but I wish you could find just one large US where the Unions don't destroy the schools and break the budget and where liberalism doesn't making the cost of living so high that people can't affordably live in these great cities!

I agree I don't know how people can afford it. It's the same with downtown Chicago. Taxes through the roof, property has come down, but still very high (especially with all the vacancies), if you have children you need to put them in private school (more expensive than rent or the mortgage), gas is $4.65 TODAY (Highest next to SF and HI), but food, water, UTILITIES, garbage, Associations, Fees, PARKING are insanely high. Honestly, you need a combined income around $120K to be the middle class.

Da Goose has it right when he calls people living so close to the city suckers. You can get a much larger house, with everything costing less the further away from Chictown you go. My buddy moved out to Rockford fromt he city, best decision he could have made.

Why is the cost of living in Chicago so high? Hawaii and San Francisco are popular tourist spots so those places are usually pretty pricey.

It's a huge tourist spot also. Great beaches (we have world famous freshwater beaches), great museums, great sports teams, great hotels, great nightlife etc. Chicago started out densely populated and grew upwards, then larger outwards. Chicago is still the financial hub of the midwest and many people go to the city for work. It's still the 3rd largest city in the country. However, like all big densely populated cities, property is limited people and values shoot up, then the corrupt mayor and outrageously corrupt Unions require more and more money, requiring more and more revenue (via higher property, sales, liquor, food, utility, gas and hidden taxes + red-light cameras, parking fees and million other hidden fees. Chicago is no different than LA in that sense.

I still love Chictown and always will, but I wish you could find just one large US where the Unions don't destroy the schools and break the budget and where liberalism doesn't making the cost of living so high that people can't affordably live in these great cities!

I like living in the city close to the night life but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it, I guess Birmingham is perfect in that regard, you can get a new 1 bedroom apartment here for like $300-400 in a good area. My friend lives in Los Angeles with his girlfriend and they pay $1700 to share a 1 bedroom together.

Easy --- your population didn't grow enough to add a congressional seat, duh.

FYI - CA

- has a lower percentage of their population below the poverty level than the national average.

- on average Californians earn about $9K more than the national average.

But just to be clear, you're saying California's increase in population is due to the decrease in the undocumented population?

Pew Hispanic Center - Chronicling Latinos Diverse Experiences in a Changing America

The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill. After four decades that brought 12 million current immigrants—more than half of whom came illegally—the net migration flow from Mexico to the U.S. has stopped and may have reversed. The standstill appears to result from the weakened U.S. job market, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, and changing economic and demographic conditions in Mexico.

2012-phc-mexican-migration-01a.png

FYI - CA

- has a lower percentage of their population below the poverty level than the national average.

But just to be clear, you're saying California's increase in population is due to the decrease in the undocumented population?

Pew Hispanic Center - Chronicling Latinos Diverse Experiences in a Changing America

The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill. After four decades that brought 12 million current immigrants—more than half of whom came illegally—the net migration flow from Mexico to the U.S. has stopped and may have reversed. The standstill appears to result from the weakened U.S. job market, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, and changing economic and demographic conditions in Mexico.

Looking at the Pew research numbers the projected increase in population is LESS than what is to be expected with just a normal birth rate. So no, people aren't moving to CA.
They are leaving and even Mexicans aren't going there any more. What you have is a stagnant population that will soon begin to lose it's base population as the only people left are the old. Their children are leaving the state in droves to go find a better place to live.

The only thing I can figure is, you're conflating several unrelated studies but, but if you can show facts to back up your conclusion, I might believe you---go for it!

FYI - CA

Looking at the Pew research numbers the projected increase in population is LESS than what is to be expected with just a normal birth rate. So no, people aren't moving to CA.
They are leaving and even Mexicans aren't going there any more. What you have is a stagnant population that will soon begin to lose it's base population as the only people left are the old. Their children are leaving the state in droves to go find a better place to live.

The only thing I can figure is, you're conflating several unrelated studies but, but if you can show facts to back up your conclusion, I might believe you---go for it!

California is failing rapidly and the clueless liberal bums who run the state don't know why.

CA is the worst state for Businesses yet its economy is 11% larger then the average state

Last edited:
Do CA is the worst state for Businesses yet its economy is 11% larger then the average state

California's failing?

- if CA were a country, it would be the 8th largest economy in the world

- CA poverty rate is below the national average

- Californian households earn about $9K more than the rest of the country

- Californians with secondary degrees is higher than the national average

FYI - CA

News Headlines

LOL, CA is just the welfare capital of the country, with only 1/3 of the country's welfare recipients!!!

Last edited:
Do CA is the worst state for Businesses yet its economy is 11% larger then the average state

California's failing?

and all those beaches and sunshine to boot.

fuck CEOs

Lets see, who is it hat is moving out of cali?

rednecks who prefer a state like Arizona where they can talk shit about brown people without people getting pissed at them.

People who cant afford to buy a cali house so they move back where things are cheaper.

Rednecks who own businesses and dont like having to hire brown people and pay them a living wage.

I think that is good for Cali.

Dont love it then bail.

Some one will gladly take your place here just to have our weather

California's failing?

The only reason you can say people in California earn more is because you have so many movie stars, NBA Players, NFL players who live there, California is not what it used to be. That state used to be a place where the average Joe could pack his bags and go there and try to make something of himself, now? not so much, more regular Americans are leaving the state and the people taking their place are illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America, good luck.

Forum List

Back