CA legislator want to LEGALIZE POT!!!!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
On CNN this morning, I saw a story about a California lawmaker who is suggesting that cannabis be legalized for everyone over the age of 21.

He says that it could bring in up to several million dollars per year in taxes alone.

CNN ran a viewer poll, and 95.8 percent of the people surveyed said that legalization of cannabis would be a good thing.

Hey........if and when it happens.......I'm gonna be a rich man, as I've got a patent on a really cool water pipe.

What a great idea maybe all the illegal’s will move to California to sell their pot. And in a few years time Ca. people will be even more brain dead. As to you, I don't see how you can do something like that. I guess selling out for money is your thing. Pot is not good for anyone. It may be the least harmless drug out there but it still isn't good. I find it ironic that the lefties want to put the tobacco out of biz with the high tax. This will not curtail the illegal distribution of POT because high taxes on it will make it easier for the DRUG CARTEL to have a big foot hold in Ca. This isn't good at all.

They should legalize not only there but nationally, it would take billions out of the criminals underground world.
Then we have stupid people in court for something else blaming it on being too stoned to understand that fucking law. A big open can of worms that apparently nobody has thought of. It will bring the reverse action then what you think it would bring.

They should legalize not only there but nationally, it would take billions out of the criminals underground world.
Then we have stupid people in court for something else blaming it on being too stoned to understand that fucking law. A big open can of worms that apparently nobody has thought of. It will bring the reverse action then what you think it would bring.

i don't see stoned people showing up for court....they can't even figure out how to order a pizza....

Didn't have those problems prior to drugs being unlawful, treat it like alcohol; drink responsibly but abuse it by hurting someone then suffer the consequences.

Legalize and tax the shit out of it.

It will help the economy , the legal system and give stress relief to many an American.

If you have never smoked pot you should try it.

Its very pleasant and done in moderation presents no problem what so ever to the imbiber.

What a great idea maybe all the illegal’s will move to California to sell their pot. And in a few years time Ca. people will be even more brain dead. As to you, I don't see how you can do something like that. I guess selling out for money is your thing. Pot is not good for anyone. It may be the least harmless drug out there but it still isn't good. I find it ironic that the lefties want to put the tobacco out of biz with the high tax. This will not curtail the illegal distribution of POT because high taxes on it will make it easier for the DRUG CARTEL to have a big foot hold in Ca. This isn't good at all.

Ya know dude.....you're brain dead even for an Air Farce dude. (I presume that is what you used to be, as you have an F-16 as your avatar).

First........I spent over 8 years in the Navy as a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor (DAPA). That meant that I spent a lot of time studying the effects, what the stuff looked like (pot, heroin, cocaine, etc), as well as a whole bunch of other things.

When I retired from the Navy? I spent even more time reading and researching it. Harvard Medical as well as the British Medical Society have done extensive research on to the effects of cannabis on the human body and brain. Did you know that THC is TAILOR MADE TO INTERACT WITH THE HUMAN BRAIN? How's about the fact that it is also impossible to become physically dependent upon? Wanna talk about lung cancer? Smokers are 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than non smokers. Know what it is for pot only smokers? 0.93 to 0.73 percent, which is less than those that don't smoke at all!

Additionally, it helps to treat nausea for chemo, has a positive effect to counteract Alzheimers, is a good relaxer, and, doesn't stick with you too long. I'd much rather work alongside someone who got stoned out of their minds the night before, than someone who got passed out drunk, because drunks are useless until after lunch.

Not only that, but alcohol is MUCH MORE DANGEROUS AND TOXIC to the body than cannabis.

You do realize why it became illegal in 1939, don't you? It was because Henry P. Anslinger wanted to lock up all the blacks and hispanics. Because the biggest consumer of pot during that time was those 2 ethnic groups, that is why Anslinger made it illegal.

Then........the asshole got HollyWeird to make a move, which was called "Reefer Madness". Remember how Bush Jr. and Cheney made us scared of the middle east? Well...they did the same thing back then with marijuana.

Now.......lets talk about the other uses. Hemp was used for canvas back in WWII. Matter of fact, Bush Sr. had one strapped to his back. It also makes food, clothing, bio fuel, and plastic (which would be biodegradable btw).

There's also the prison overcrowding problem that is currently going on. Legalization of marijuana would solve a LOT of that.

Would also cut down on the drug runners, because, if you can sell a product legally, or one that is illegal, which would you do? The money saved by the way could go to the DEA for prosecution of meth, heroin, coke, and all the other hard drugs.

By the way........marijuana isn't a drug. It's a plant.

Does anyone else see the stupidity of making a plant illegal?

Oh yeah.....immigration? Well.....the illegals would all go back to Mexico, as they would now have a way to earn money in their own country, that would get them American dollars.

I also think that it would help with PTSD, because the effect of THC is very calming. You NEVER hear of a reefer dude smoking and then going out and getting violent. It's only when you put other stuff (alcohol, meth, etc) in with it, that you get wonky.

Nope......legalization would be beneficial.

Might wanna watch CNBC sometime when they run their show "Marijuana Inc". You'll learn a lot.

Also might wanna rent the movie Grass which was narrated by Woody Harrelson. You will learn a LOT, as well as get pissed at the way the government is lying to us about this, as well as a lot of other things.

And.......Nixon commissioned a report while he was president. It's called "The LaGuardia Report", and it speaks very favorably about pot.

On CNN this morning, I saw a story about a California lawmaker who is suggesting that cannabis be legalized for everyone over the age of 21.

He says that it could bring in up to several million dollars per year in taxes alone.

CNN ran a viewer poll, and 95.8 percent of the people surveyed said that legalization of cannabis would be a good thing.

Hey........if and when it happens.......I'm gonna be a rich man, as I've got a patent on a really cool water pipe.

Yeah... that's just what California needs... ONE MORE THING TO ADDLE THE MINDS OF CALIFORNIANS...

BRILLIANT!

Hey... I'm all for legalizing pot... the INSTANT that we strip the culture of ANY potential social entitlement which would serve to subsidize their substandard productivity.

If you have never smoked pot you should try it.

Its very pleasant and done in moderation presents no problem what so ever to the imbiber.

ROFLMNAO... Does this idiot's testimony which implies chronic pot use shock ANYONE?

as long as cigs and alcohol are legal im all for it being legal.....until those 2 are illegal.....anyone got a joint?:smoke:

You a pothead focker?

robert-de-niro-picture-1.jpg

You know what will change if pot is legalized? Nothing. It's not hard to get right now, and anyone who wants it already has it. They just won't have to hide anymore. As far as productivity is concerned, it's the Alcoholics that are useless, most of the heads I know actually go to work everyday. They have to, weed ain't cheap.

Forum List

Back