CA legalizes texting while driving.!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Once again we see legislators bribed by the auto industry. GM loves car crashes. Car crashes mean car sales.

California drivers will be allowed to text, with restrictions - LA Daily News

California drivers will be allowed to text, with restrictions

Updated: 07/14/2012 07:52:37 PM PDT

SAN JOSE, Calif. - California drivers will be allowed to text when they're behind the wheel of a car, as long as they're using a hands-free device, and with some restrictions.

Under a bill signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown on Friday, beginning Jan. 1, drivers will be able to send, dictate and listen to text messages, but only if they're using a voice-activated device attached to a cellphone by a headset or Bluetooth earpiece, or a program inside a vehicle, like OnStar.

AB 1536, sponsored by California Assemblyman Jeff Miller, R-Corona, will allow Californians to text behind the wheel for the first time since texting while driving was outlawed more than three years ago.

"There's all this brand-new technology coming out that people want to take advantage of and use, and under current law they are unable to do that," Miller told the San Jose Mercury News

Once again we see legislators bribed by the auto industry. GM loves car crashes. Car crashes mean car sales.

SAN JOSE, Calif. - California drivers will be allowed to text when they're behind the wheel of a car, as long as they're using a hands-free device, and with some restrictions.

Under a bill signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown on Friday, beginning Jan. 1, drivers will be able to send, dictate and listen to text messages, but only if they're using a voice-activated device attached to a cellphone by a headset or Bluetooth earpiece, or a program inside a vehicle, like OnStar.

AB 1536, sponsored by California Assemblyman Jeff Miller, R-Corona, will allow Californians to text behind the wheel for the first time since texting while driving was outlawed more than three years ago.

"There's all this brand-new technology coming out that people want to take advantage of and use, and under current law they are unable to do that," Miller told the San Jose Mercury News

You didn't read your own link did you?

so you think that the "evil" car companies want to seriously hurt and kill potential customers to improve their sales?

That is seriously the dumbest thing Ive ever heard in my life. And i spent quite a while on a TM thread last night.

so you think that the "evil" car companies want to seriously hurt and kill potential customers to improve their sales?

That is seriously the dumbest thing Ive ever heard in my life. And i spent quite a while on a TM thread last night.

Thats the critical thinking that's being taught, really is a shame,we are producing ,hard to say what by the millions.

We have enough people who can't drive safely now without adding to their confusion. Nobody is that important except in their own mind. The wrecks we have now are plenty we don't need more distractions. If the phone is moving texting should be automatically shut off. If it is that D$#@ important pull over and get out of my way.

• Banned

You can't read. I never said GM wants to kill people. But they do want cars to die. Each dead car has to be replaced. Car crashes are obviously good for business and the auto industry has been brainwashing people for 100 years into driving recklessly.

your really obsessed wtih me huh?

do I need to get a restraining order?

I have a huge problem with texting and phone conversations while driving. That's hands on though. Hands free and zero reading, everything through mouth and ears I'm cool with. I have no issue with conversations while driving. It's fairly easy to manage safe driving while talking when hands are both free.

Sure, more car crashes, equals more GM sales, equals busy UAW workers...

Progressives will do anything to stimulate unions...

A restraining order on an anonymous internet message board poster that you could easily avoid by logging off??

funny-gifs-i-lold.gif

You can't read. I never said GM wants to kill people. But they do want cars to die. Each dead car has to be replaced. Car crashes are obviously good for business and the auto industry has been brainwashing people for 100 years into driving recklessly.

We can call it "Cash For Clunkers II."

Must not go within 5 hops of you.

I guess none of them read the article...first off...it was sponsored by a Republican....second...the OP and Mr. Dick are nothing but parrots for the AM radio crowd with not an original thought between them, and lastly...if it would have been a bill to outlaw texting while driving.....especially if it was sponsored by a Dem.....they would have been the first two knuckleheads to bitch about how those evil marxists are trying to take. people's freedoms and liberties away.

The OP is wrong. Drivers are NOT texting, they are simply speaking. The machine translates their words into the message. Its like talking to a passenger.

The OP is wrong. Drivers are NOT texting, they are simply speaking. The machine translates their words into the message. Its like talking to a passenger.

Drivers shouldn't be talking to passengers either. You're yet another person brainwashed into thinking that driving should be fun!!! Driving a car is the most dangerous thing most of us do.

Drivers shouldn't be talking to passengers either. You're yet another person brainwashed into thinking that driving should be fun!!! Driving a car is the most dangerous thing most of us do.

It's possible to converse in a non distracted way while driving. My awareness always comes first, even if it means ignoring a passenger talking to me. My passengers also respect that and will wait when I make certain maneuvers.

Last edited:

And drivers shouldn't listen to music either, is that right?

Forum List

Back