CA Just Doesn't GET IT!

And yet they have some of the highest property values in the country.

Go figure.

The only smart thing CA did was put a cap on property taxes! I digress: Not sure how anyone can make ends meat in CA. Taxes high, gas price high, property values highest in nation, fees high, cost of living high and the list goes on and on!

Go figure.

Thats something I never understood, I seen houses in areas of Watts where crime is rampant and the cost is over $400,000.:eek:
not anymore, maybe during the boom. but the average price of a house in the greater los angeles area is now. $360k, Watts is $162,000

Median Home Prices - Los Angeles County Cities

Watts is also where USC is located funny enough.

That is is stull amazingly high! $162 in Watts? Amazing!

Go figure.

The only smart thing CA did was put a cap on property taxes! I digress: Not sure how anyone can make ends meat in CA. Taxes high, gas price high, property values highest in nation, fees high, cost of living high and the list goes on and on!
California has one the highest median income in the states. but truly its a choice. why do people put up with harsh midwest winters? or the humidity in the south? or the rain in the pacific northwest? of the heat in TX, AZ and NM? its all a choice. its 85 degrees in southern california. its 34 degree in minneapolis. its all about choice.

Go figure.

California has one the highest median income in the states. but truly its a choice. why do people put up with harsh midwest winters? or the humidity in the south? or the rain in the pacific northwest? of the heat in TX, AZ and NM? its all a choice. its 85 degrees in southern california. its 34 degree in minneapolis. its all about choice.

But to some, it's all politics.

There are going to be three tax increases on the next ballot including one to raise the sales tax to 10%. That will make the underground black market even more attractive, taking yet more income from the state.

Property values are still high because the Chinese are buying up everything they can get their hands on. Especially in depressed areas. I could definitely see the Chinese buying up Watts by the block, evicting everyone and razing it to the ground.

But to some, it's all politics.

It was for me.

Hey, let them try it out and see what happens, if they balance the budget then we all have something to learn, if they don't I'm sure most liberals will just blame Reps and learn nothing. That's my honest opinion.

I'm not defending Republicans here and bashing Dems, I'm simply telling it how it is. We as a nation never cut programs and spending anymore, the last time we really did that in the 1920's we had a massive boom... and when hard times fell upon the country and they spent more than had ever been done before they blamed "conservatives" when it didn't work for 12 years... Then they cut and things got better.

Hey, let them try it out and see what happens, if they balance the budget then we all have something to learn, if they don't I'm sure most liberals will just blame Reps and learn nothing. That's my honest opinion.

I'm not defending Republicans here and bashing Dems, I'm simply telling it how it is. We as a nation never cut programs and spending anymore, the last time we really did that in the 1920's we had a massive boom... and when hard times fell upon the country and they spent more than had ever been done before they blamed "conservatives" when it didn't work for 12 years... Then they cut and things got better.
im not sure the people would accept a sales tax increase. although at the same time the cuts to schools are hitting them hard, so some people may be willing to sacrifice a bit more. i do think its a good idea to put it to a vote of the people instead of the legislature doing it themselves. there has already been some drastic cuts in order to try and balance the budget, but you can only cut so far.

$1 billion in California budget cuts to kick in soon - Los Angeles Times

"This is not the way we'd like to run California, but we have to live within our means," Brown said at a Capitol news conference. But he noted that the cuts could have been worse.

i find this line the most interesting. though
"Republicans blamed the latest round of budget cuts on Democrats. Sen. Bob Huff (R-Diamond Bar), vice chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, chastised the majority party for having passed "a budget without Republican input that included rosy revenue assumptions and onerous trigger cuts to education should the tax money not come in."

repubs blaming budget cut on the dems? thought id never hear the day when the GOP was against cutting spending, but having majorities on both houses the dems have the power. so now we will really see if spending cuts really do promote growth and balance the budget.

I honetly don't know how anyone can afford to live in that State.

As long as they keep electing Dems to the State Legislature CA will be in the hole.

Abject ignorance. Why not do a little research and find out what is really the cause of Californian's fiscal problems.

For the record, the new focus on Gov. Brown is based on the Republican fear that if he is able to get the modest tax increase passed, and if the result of his leadership - spending cuts and tax increases - solve the economic problems of our state, these ideas will surface across the nation.

Since the Bush tax cuts did not prevent a great recession, and sense Republicans all over the country are running on more tax cuts are the answer to fiscal health, any success of Gov. Brown puts them at risk.

As long as they keep electing Dems to the State Legislature CA will be in the hole.

Abject ignorance. Why not do a little research and find out what is really the cause of Californian's fiscal problems.

For the record, the new focus on Gov. Brown is based on the Republican fear that if he is able to get the modest tax increase passed, and if the result of his leadership - spending cuts and tax increases - solve the economic problems of our state, these ideas will surface across the nation.

Since the Bush tax cuts did not prevent a great recession, and sense Republicans all over the country are running on more tax cuts are the answer to fiscal health, any success of Gov. Brown puts them at risk.
Just a reminder. Democrats with a majority in both houses extended the cuts then insisted on cutting SS taxes too.

Is that intent to threaten Seniors again for a debt ceiling increase?

Just a reminder. Democrats with a majority in both houses extended the cuts then insisted on cutting SS taxes too.

Is that intent to threaten Seniors again for a debt ceiling increase?
we are talking about CA, not the fed.

if it passes.....we will see how and where they blow the money this time.....

Tax increases and spending cuts, huh? That's what you're going on, wry? How about the SPENDING on that high speed rail Brown is trying to push through, without the funding? Yeah...higher taxes to pay for their unfunded projects and pensions is more like it. But, hey....

Tax increases and spending cuts, huh? That's what you're going on, wry? How about the SPENDING on that high speed rail Brown is trying to push through, without the funding? Yeah...higher taxes to pay for their unfunded projects and pensions is more like it. But, hey....

this relates to what i said in post 34.......wait and see what they spend it on.....

thanks for cutting off the rest of the artucle.

That's because USMB enforces the laws on copyright.

Idiot.
you have to provide the link. but he cut off the part where Brown didnt endorse the plan, he simply talked about it.
That's because CA is dishonest, also.

She wants to use the cut and paste rule as a cover for why the OP didn't cut judiciously, to include relevant information that changes the flavor of the story away from his (and her) preconceived bias and partisanship.

im not sure the people would accept a sales tax increase. although at the same time the cuts to schools are hitting them hard, so some people may be willing to sacrifice a bit more. i do think its a good idea to put it to a vote of the people instead of the legislature doing it themselves. there has already been some drastic cuts in order to try and balance the budget, but you can only cut so far.

$1 billion in California budget cuts to kick in soon - Los Angeles Times

"This is not the way we'd like to run California, but we have to live within our means," Brown said at a Capitol news conference. But he noted that the cuts could have been worse.

i find this line the most interesting. though
"Republicans blamed the latest round of budget cuts on Democrats. Sen. Bob Huff (R-Diamond Bar), vice chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, chastised the majority party for having passed "a budget without Republican input that included rosy revenue assumptions and onerous trigger cuts to education should the tax money not come in."

repubs blaming budget cut on the dems? thought id never hear the day when the GOP was against cutting spending, but having majorities on both houses the dems have the power. so now we will really see if spending cuts really do promote growth and balance the budget.

Ya....I found that amusing too. :lol:

GHook also slams our Governor as well for never cutting spending. Now that Quinn is proposing doing just that we'll probably see GHook getting all upset about that too. :eusa_whistle:

Bottom line? Cutting spending is only a good idea to the GOP when the Dems are in control. We saw that when the GOP controlled all three branches of government during the Bush years. So spare me the phony outrage. :talktothehand:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back