CA "Good Samaritan" Law

Funny how liberal states have such a tendency to invent laws that take away our freedoms.

Freedom to eat what we want.

Freedom to live the way we choose.

And now the freedom not to get involved.

Liberalism and Fascism......not much difference between the two it seems.

Conservatives have a tendency to want to tell others how to live....and so it seems do Liberals.

Extremism in any form should be avoided at all costs.

Last edited:
Funny how liberal states have such a tendency to invent laws that take away our freedoms.

Oh brother. I don't like the law but comparing it to fascism? Really?

Oh and the cons aren't exactly pure as snow either.

I thought I mentioned that...or do you have reading comprehension problems as well as tunnel-vision.

Here's the quote in it's entirety:

Conservatives have a tendency to want to tell others how to live....and so it seems do Liberals.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiP3cfoiL_s]YouTube - seinfeld scene - Good-Samaritan-Law.avi[/ame]

I thought I mentioned that...or do you have reading comprehension problems as well as tunnel-vision.

Here's the quote in it's entirety:

Apologies, I swear my browser cut it off before then but perhaps I just read over it.

I'm surprised nobody else thought of Seinfeld when reading this. :lol:

Well it's not entirely the same, one deals with intervening the other deals with reporting which can be after it's over.

I did think of it though before I realized what the law was like.

I can see the argument as to why some people would simply not want to get involved. Goodness knows if you get involved with some sort of gang fight, etc then you not only put yourself in danger but your family too.

It's tough because I'm sure most people would want to help someone, but at the same time rather not suffer serious consequences for doing so.

I'm undecided on this law but leaning towards being against it.

I can see the argument as to why some people would simply not want to get involved. Goodness knows if you get involved with some sort of gang fight, etc then you not only put yourself in danger but your family too.

It's tough because I'm sure most people would want to help someone, but at the same time rather not suffer serious consequences for doing so.

I'm undecided on this law but leaning towards being against it.

Well this is just reporting so I guess it could be anonymous.

Although we didn't make Witness Protection Programs for nothing.

The laws are already in place elsewhere.

Two words: Catherine Genevese

I have several concerns with this law...even though I think that people should always report crimes that they have witnessed.

From a purely non-emotional standpoint...is this law truly enforceable? If you come across a hit and run and no one has remained at the scene...are we really going to task our already over-worked police departments with hunting down all of the witnesses to charge them with a crime? What about the paperwork involved and the office processing fees, etc. in charging 25 people with a minor crime? It seems to me that this might be one of those "sounds like it might be a good idea" until it becomes another nightmare of paperwork, ridiculous fees, time spent and money lost...
I don't like Herring.

Pedal your seafood elsewhere.

☭proletarian☭;1954434 said:

And here we are 46 years or so later. Either 44 or 46.

☭proletarian☭;1954434 said:

From what I heard all of the people prosecuted inhibited her ability to escape, whether it be blocking her path or stepping on her or whatever. Right now it's not a crime to sit watch and do nothing.

What a sad commentary on the current state of society where people would actually need a law to compel them to report the rape of a minor.

That was my reaction. I am torn also. I believe there should be some punishment for the witnesses to that 15 year old's gang rape, but I'm not sure what that punishment should be.

It may also be motivated by the "no snitching" bullshit that goes on in inner cities.

Forum List

Back