C4L People are being infected with liberals

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I swear I see more C4L people chanting anti-war which is not a conservative idea whatsoever. The conservative idea was always non-intervention in foreign affairs. While this afforded us the maximum amount of peace at home but this was not a general call for no war whatsoever. It was simply saying that we should avoid entagling alliances that could such us into a war and not taking sides in conflicts. I believe the founders knew that governments will always say "I got your back" and then return home and issue some declaration of war for whatever reason.

Anyways, a general call for no war is just stupid because there are some enemies that should get fucked up every once in awhile simply because they are dangerous to our security.

PS.
Before you democrats think you are the prince of peace it was your parties progressive policy that wanted to entangle us in foreign wars like WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Unfortunately the modern republican party lost its non-interventionalist idealogy at home to the progressives.

Last edited:
I swear I see more C4L people chanting anti-war which is not a conservative idea whatsoever. The conservative idea was always non-intervention in foreign affairs. While this afforded us the maximum amount of peace at home but this was not a general call for no war whatsoever. It was simply saying that we should avoid entagling alliances that could such us into a war and not taking sides in conflicts. I believe the founders knew that governments will always say "I got your back" and then return home and issue some declaration of war for whatever reason.

Anyways, a general call for no war is just stupid because there are some enemies that should get fucked up every once in awhile simply because they are dangerous to our security.

PS.
Before you democrats think you are the prince of peace it was your parties progressive policy that wanted to entangle us in foreign wars like WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Unfortunately the modern republican party lost its non-interventionalist idealogy at home to the progressives.

Many of us are anti-war because we follow the Just-War Theory, which says the only legitimate war is a defensive war. And there's really only been one legitimately defensive war in our history.

PS.

So let me get this straight. First you state that the Campaign for Liberty is being "infected" by "liberals" because they're anti-war.

Then you state that interventionist war is a liberal/progressive philosophy.

So which is it? Are "liberals" anti-war? Or are they pro-war?

PS.

So let me get this straight. First you state that the Campaign for Liberty is being "infected" by "liberals" because they're anti-war.

The problem is that liberals and progressives are not the same thing. Preventive war is a progressive idea, but is completely opposite to what liberalism stands for. Of course these days people use liberal and progressive interchangeably.

PS.

The problem is that liberals and progressives are not the same thing. Preventive war is a progressive idea, but is completely opposite to what liberalism stands for. Of course these days people use liberal and progressive interchangeably.

A more accurate word would be neo-liberal, I think.

A more accurate word would be neo-liberal, I think.

I disagree. It's not a term that's really caught on, whereas progressivism is a clearly defined ideology.

• Banned

PS.

Many of us are anti-war because we follow the Just-War Theory, which says the only legitimate war is a defensive war. And there's really only been one legitimately defensive war in our history.

That I don't have a problem with but when you say you are anti-war you are saying you are anti all war witch is stupid. A better slogan would be to define a proper war policy rather than saying no to all wars.

• Banned

PS.

Yes foriegn war was always a leftist idea from the beginning of the 20th century because and that was the progressives. They know are the liberals of today.

PS.

That I don't have a problem with but when you say you are anti-war you are saying you are anti all war witch is stupid. A better slogan would be to define a proper war policy rather than saying no to all wars.

But why shouldn't you be anti-war? Even if a war is just, no good comes from war and it's a shame it has to happen.

But why shouldn't you be anti-war? Even if a war is just, no good comes from war and it's a shame it has to happen.

It would be really unobservant to say that war doesn't solve any problems between nations since it can be used as a tool of diplomacy and self-defense.

On the other hand, seeking to create wars with bad foreign policy doesn't do a lot to keep the peace either.

Last edited:

It would be really unobservant to say that war doesn't solve any problems between nations since it can be used as a tool of diplomacy and self-defense.

On the other hand, seeking to create wars with bad foreign policy doesn't do a lot to keep the peace either.

I'm more concerned with people than I am with nations, and wars are destructive for people and property.

If you're facing imminent invasion, a war is probably unavoidable.

But to go out seeking war preemptively is not only patently ridiculous, but completely counter-productive to keeping peace and maintaining security.

When you bully a nation that is a focal point of a religion that a quarter of the entire world's population follows, you are going to create one hell of a large amount of enemies.

I don't understand why people don't recognize this.

If you simply wish to fight and eradicate Islam, just man up and say so, and quit hiding behind the guise of "security" and "fighting terrorism".

Last edited:
Many on the right are anti war now because they believe their own lies and it is now Obama's war :)
Pretty funny really.

Many on the right are anti war now because they believe their own lies and it is now Obama's war :)
Pretty funny really.

I was waiting to see how the right would react now that there's a democrat chasing a war.

It's like it's back to the Clinton years.

Amazing how people will support a war simply out of allegiance to a party.

Pretty funny really.

I was waiting to see how the right would react now that there's a democrat chasing a war.

We have far too may political puppets in this country.

Pretty funny really.

I'm not saying that republicans are perfect but at least republicans try to make a reason why it effects us directly. Democrats rarely do and just start bombing. A good example is bosnia. Clinton just said it i was the right thing to do and how many people died because it was the right thing to do?

Pretty funny really.

Bosnia was stupid and had nothing do do with us.

Pretty funny really.

Its not Obama's anything. Its not his economy, Its not his war, Its not his budget, Its not his lack of health care, and just plain is not his fault despite the fact he signs all the paperwork for them.

Pretty funny really.

I'm not saying that republicans are perfect but at least republicans try to make a reason why it effects us directly. Democrats rarely do and just start bombing. A good example is bosnia. Clinton just said it i was the right thing to do and how many people died because it was the right thing to do?

I wouldn't necessarily say that Bush gave any better reason for Iraq.

Forum List

Back