Bye, Bye, Zodiac Sign!

Born 7/31/1966

Born King of the Jungle and I will die King of the Jungle.

Hear me ROAR!!!

Cancer? No one admits to being cancer

You sound a bit crabby about the change. :lol:

cancer, crabs

What's to love?

Lets be honest here. What's cooler?

A Lion strolling through the plains of Africa with a score of hot lionesses that wait on him hand and paw.

or

Food that taste great with a lemon butter sauce.

gee, lemme think

If you are married to that zodiac sign of yours, well, this may make you want to consider divorce.

Way back when, the ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was in on the day a person was born.

But this was thousands of years ago when the Earth was positioned, in relation to the sun and the stars behind it, in a different place on the rotational axis.

The result: The sign you think you are, and the sign you really are in terms of the constellation the sun is in on your birthday are different.

"Because of this change in the tilt the Earth is over here and the sun is in a different constellation than it was 3000 years ago when this study of the stars began," explains astronomer Parke Kunkle.

This is not a "new" thing, according to Kunkle.

This alignment shifted a long, long time ago.

It's just the Horoscope world didn't shift with it.

"This is not something that happened today, this has gone on for thousands of years," Kunkle said.

If you are curious about what your sign may be now, here is the list:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
*Discarded by Babylonians B.C. because wanted 12 signs per year, not 13 even though there were 13 constellations

© 2011 NBC

Earth's shift means new zodiac sign dates; see the list

I've been bumped from Leo to Cancer.

Anyone else?

Meh I dont fit the descriptions of my new sign AT ALL.

I call B.S. and shenanigans LOL

Born 7/31/1966

Born King of the Jungle and I will die King of the Jungle.

Hear me ROAR!!!

Cancer? No one admits to being cancer

cancer, crabs

What's to love?

A Lion strolling through the plains of Africa with a score of hot lionesses that wait on him hand and paw.

or

gee, lemme think

If its the choice of being in africa or eating you. Ill eat you. :lol:

Just think, you are now the worlds deadliest catch!

Last edited:
I thought a Whoreoscope was the most prized posession a teen aged male could have?

It is used to locate the coailition of the willing.

Last edited:

cancer, crabs

What's to love?

or

gee, lemme think

Are you hitting on me. :eusa_drool:

cancer, crabs

What's to love?

or

gee, lemme think

Are you hitting on me. :eusa_drool:

Only if you have been cooked in lovely broth and i can hit you with a hammer. :eusa_whistle:

If you are married to that zodiac sign of yours, well, this may make you want to consider divorce.

Way back when, the ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was in on the day a person was born.

But this was thousands of years ago when the Earth was positioned, in relation to the sun and the stars behind it, in a different place on the rotational axis.

The result: The sign you think you are, and the sign you really are in terms of the constellation the sun is in on your birthday are different.

"Because of this change in the tilt the Earth is over here and the sun is in a different constellation than it was 3000 years ago when this study of the stars began," explains astronomer Parke Kunkle.

"This is not something that happened today, this has gone on for thousands of years," Kunkle said.

*Discarded by Babylonians B.C. because wanted 12 signs per year, not 13 even though there were 13 constellations

© 2011 NBC

Anyone else?

Your sign is determined when you were born and these days are for people born today. When you were born ... ahm ... well lets just say you might still be a lioness. Me I like 13 signs since I was born on the 13th and 13 is a lucky number for me!

Last edited:

© 2011 NBC

Anyone else?

Your sign is determined when you were born and these days are for people born today. When you were born ... ahm ... well lets just say you might still be a lioness. Me I like 13 signs since I was born on the 13th and 13 is a lucky number for me!

So my sign is still the same.....ok.

I was going to say Im definately not aquarius, lol.

© 2011 NBC

Anyone else?

uhm what? the Egyptians knew of this anomaly way back when, they called it the 'procession of the equinoxes'. It will snap back, they figured that out and called it the "great year". Its 25k and change.

http://ancientegypt.hypermart.net/royalarch/index.htm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back