Bye Bye RGIII

I asked hubby about this last night, he think RGIII would have been ruined either way...
I have no clue... but I would not want to be a professional athlete playing for ANY Washington DC team!
He's like Johnny Football, Manziel. He is a TV invention.

If he had more size he could take the punishment. But RGIII is one of those guys that poor scouting produces. A one-hit wonder.

Washington gave up a shitload of draft choices to get him

All for a guy who was a one hit wonder....he took one good hit and he was done

I asked hubby about this last night, he think RGIII would have been ruined either way...
I have no clue... but I would not want to be a professional athlete playing for ANY Washington DC team!

If he had more size he could take the punishment. But RGIII is one of those guys that poor scouting produces. A one-hit wonder.
I disagree.

It has nothing to do with size. Bad coaching is the culprit.

i

Robert Griffin

• BornFeb 12, 1990 in Japan (Age: 25)
  • Drafted2012: 1st Rnd, 2nd by WSH
  • Experience4th season
  • College Baylor

i

Aaron Rodgers

• BornDec 2, 1983 in Chico, CA (Age: 31)
  • Drafted2005: 1st Rnd, 24th by GB
  • Experience11th season
  • College California

I disagree.

i

Robert Griffin

• Experience4th season
  • College Baylor

i

Aaron Rodgers

• Experience11th season
  • College California

Aaron Rodgers is a classic pocket passer with escapability. He throws first and only runs as a last resort. Steve Young was the same. I saw him play in person. Best arm I ever saw in college, but he was also the fastest player on the field. He could have been a running QB, but playing at Brigham Young taught him how to throw and read defenses. RGIII is a runner first. He felt his speed would hold up in the NFL.

Famous last words.

Making good decisions.....unloading the ball when nobody's open.....being durable. RGIII is shellshocked right now. Going to a team that doesn't need him to start might help, but I think his injuries have taken his confidence.

I disagree.

i

Robert Griffin

• Experience4th season
  • College Baylor
i

Aaron Rodgers

• Experience11th season
  • College California

Aaron Rodgers is a classic pocket passer with escapability. He throws first and only runs as a last resort. Steve Young was the same. I saw him play in person. Best arm I ever saw in college, but he was also the fastest player on the field. He could have been a running QB, but playing at Brigham Young taught him how to throw and read defenses. RGIII is a runner first. He felt his speed would hold up in the NFL.

Famous last words.

Making good decisions.....unloading the ball when nobody's open.....being durable. RGIII is shellshocked right now. Going to a team that doesn't need him to start might help, but I think his injuries have taken his confidence.

Everyone knows running QBs do not survive for long in the NFL. Mike Shanahan knows this. The entire Redskin coaching staff knew it, but they let it go because he was winning. It was only a matter of time that he would get hurt....and then to play after he was hurt, only compounded the problem.

Young and Rogers run, but they do it smart and they get down before contact. They were coached to do this. Sadly no one coached RGIII or he thought he was invincible...and now his career may be over.

He could have been one of the most exciting players in the NFL.

I disagree.

i

Robert Griffin

• Experience4th season
  • College Baylor
i

Aaron Rodgers

• Experience11th season
  • College California

Famous last words.

Everyone knows running QBs do not survive for long in the NFL. Mike Shanahan knows this. The entire Redskin coaching staff knew it, but they let it go because he was winning. It was only a matter of time that he would get hurt....and then to play after he was hurt, only compounded the problem.

Young and Rogers run, but they do it smart and they get down before contact. They were coached to do this. Sadly no one coached RGIII or he thought he was invincible...and now his career may be over.

I think they wanted him to be a pocket passer. They tried to convert Vince Young into a pocket passer an VY refused to study. RGIII may not have listened to his coach.

Mike Shanahan knows how to coach. I don't think it's his fault.

RG-3, a great rookie year, but that's all folks. Steelers should sign him as a back-up instead of Vick, as Vick is already 35 yrs. old. See, there is a place for one year wonders in the NFL, afterall........

I disagree.

i

Robert Griffin

• Experience4th season
  • College Baylor
i

Aaron Rodgers

• Experience11th season
  • College California

Famous last words.

I think they wanted him to be a pocket passer. They tried to convert Vince Young into a pocket passer an VY refused to study. RGIII may not have listened to his coach.

Mike Shanahan knows how to coach. I don't think it's his fault.
I don't know how you can say that about Shanahan especially after he let RGIII play AFTER the injury.

Obama has really screwed up that town.....

It's been a mess before that trust me! We keep talking about moving.... I'm ready!

Washington DC - the worst place to be a sports fan... can't think of a town that's worse.. even Cleveland has LeBron....
You do have the Nationals.
Yeah the Championship bound Nats who have spent the whole season embarrassing themselves. They're not even in the wildcard hunt! :crybaby:

Matt Williams ... ugh....
Doug Williams.

Remember him?

Super Bowl XXII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Absolutely! The glory days (part of them) for the Redskins.... Gibbs gave us winners for a while (not so much the 2nd time around... ) I'm not sure what it's going to take to right the ship..... I've had a few people tell me if we change our name things will turn around... but don't think Dan Snyder will ever do it....
Maybe change their uniform to rainbow colors too.

It's been a mess before that trust me! We keep talking about moving.... I'm ready!
OMG!!

You live in Washington?

Only people that like it there are hookers, Congressmembers, and Crackwhores.

You do have the Nationals.
Yeah the Championship bound Nats who have spent the whole season embarrassing themselves. They're not even in the wildcard hunt! :crybaby:

Matt Williams ... ugh....
Doug Williams.

Remember him?

Super Bowl XXII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Absolutely! The glory days (part of them) for the Redskins.... Gibbs gave us winners for a while (not so much the 2nd time around... ) I'm not sure what it's going to take to right the ship..... I've had a few people tell me if we change our name things will turn around... but don't think Dan Snyder will ever do it....
Maybe change their uniform to rainbow colors too.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.... just when you think it can't get any worse... watch out!

OMG!!

You live in Washington?

Which do you think I am???

(I don't actually live IN DC, just in the DC area... sorry to have misled you) :)

OMG!!

You live in Washington?

Which do you think I am???

(I don't actually live IN DC, just in the DC area... sorry to have misled you) :)
None of them, but to be a Congresscritter is about as low as you can get.

Forum List

Back