Bye, Bye, Biden...

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
After being the media love-child for much of 19-months, Barack Obama has seen what may be his biggest setback of the campaign so far. Media outlets this week are releasing new polling numbers showing Obama’s campaign down between four and 10 points to Republican running mates John McCain and Sarah Palin.

Obama is widely known as the one that beat presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in a heated primary season that went down literally to the very last state. Since that time, Obama has worked to unify his party and ticket behind his message.

Getting Clinton supporters behind the band-wagon was a problem, however, doubly so in the sense that he never even “vetted” her as a possible running mate. Obama chose, instead, Democratic Senator Joe Biden from Delaware.

Still retaining the media attention and polling lead Obama was accustomed too, Obama strolled triumphantly onto the platform with Biden in tow to accept the Democrat nomination for President of the United States at the Democrat National Convention in Denver.

Things started to change, however, the day after the convention ended. Republican Presidential nominee John McCain announced his vice-presidential pick: Gov. Sarah Palin from Alaska. Media outlets, Democrats and Americans alike all were shocked with the news.

Since that time, the media frenzy for Obama’s campaign has largely dissipated into nothingness. Instead they have purchased plenty of plane tickets to Alaska to find out what this lady from the far north is really like. If there is any dirt they could dig up, then all the better.

For the first few days, extremist left-leaning liberal bloggers showered the internet with tales and claims that no honest person would believe had they been said about their mother. But the attacks continued until, one-by-one, they were all proved false or shown to be not as bad as they were made out to be.

The Republicans then held a successful convention where more people watched three nights of conservative policies and speeches than any other previous convention in history, Democrat or Republican.

The number of viewers who tuned in to watch Palin and McCain deliver their advocations for change virtually tied the number who watched Obama’s acceptance speech just a week earlier. Palin’s speech earned rave reviews, even if it was partially written by someone else, but especially because the teleprompter wasn’t working right that night.

Less than a week later, the polls show McCain with a sizable lead. Media outlets have toned down their attacks on Palin and have grudgingly accepted her as at least somewhat genuine in thought, word and deed.

This poses a problem for the Obama campaign. They are in unfamiliar territory. They now know the anguish that Clinton’s campaign must have felt when Obama was taking away their coronation. Something must be done. Palin is not only more popular and perhaps political savvy than Biden, but comparisons with Obama are not as favorable to the Democrats as they would like.

Had they chosen Hillary to be the vice-presidential choice instead of Biden, things might be a little different, is a thought that many innately feel, but will never openly admit. 18-million voters looking for a hero and a good portion of them irate that Hillary wasn’t even considered for the number 2 slot.

Unfortunately for the Obama campaign, poll numbers on various web-sites are showing a good chunk of those 18-million women voters, certainly not all, but a good portion nonetheless, changing sides to root for the McCain-Palin ticket. Some because Palin is a strong example of what many women want: success in both family and career. Others because they are flat out mad that Hillary wasn’t the nominee or even vetted for the VP slot.

So, this all adds up to one thing. The playing field is more than likely only going to get more dicey before the race to the white house ends.

Just this week, it is reported that former U.S. Pres. Bill Clinton will have a private one-on-one chat with Obama on Sept. 11. What will this conversation entail? No one knows. Reporters will not be allowed to be there, but there is one possibility I think highly likely.

Bill will ask Obama to replace Biden with Hillary at the bottom of the ticket. If that’s the case, the Democrat Party will more than likely find some excuse that will allow Biden to retire with dignity, such as for poor health or other medical reasons. Hillary will then come on stage and the crazy world of politics will prove once again that anything and everything can and will happen because it is all fair game.

Will this be the case? I don’t know, but I have an idea it’s better than a 50/50 chance. If it does happen, how will public opinion accept the Democrat ticket? Will it nullify the Palin effect? Or will the gambit backfire? We won’t know until and if it happens.

Duncan News

I'll laugh my fucking ass off if this comes to fruition - since some of you clowns gloated about the possibility of Gov. Palin being replaced as the smears against her and her family reached their shrill crescendo.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Duncan News

I'll laugh my fucking ass off if this comes to fruition - since some of you clowns gloated about the possibility of Gov. Palin being replaced as the smears against her and her family reached their shrill crescendo.

Simply put, that's not gonna happen ...

It might....

Though I hope it doesn't - we need those PUMA types!

You hope it does happen ...

You know full well how stupid it would be for Obama to switch his running mate now ... especially to Hillary ...

True... Way before my time, but I hear canning Eagleton was what destroyed McGovern's campaign.

Way before my time, too ...

It certainly didn't help ...

From what I've read nobody wanted to run with McGovern ...

I don't see Obama doing this, two things come to mind, one would show an act of desperation on his part and even if he did add Hillary, he would run the risk of pissing off his base then. So don't think thats likely to happen , and two Hillary has kind of kept a low profile since the DNC and doesn't appear to even want to have anything to do with the Obama campaign, from what I understand on the Eagleton thing didn't he leave the campaign because it was discovered he has been in a mental hospital of something like that?

Suicidal, manic-depressive on Thorazine who had been through electroshock therapy a couple of times in the 60's ...

Way before my time, too ...

It certainly didn't help ...

From what I've read nobody wanted to run with McGovern ...

Well he wanted to cut the military to 1/4 its strength. He was a screwball. He actually ran ad proclaiming that was his intent. He thought it would win him the Presidency.

Duncan News

Why.. .cause this imbecile, John Walker, sitting in his mommy and daddy's basement says so?

n584155323_3777059_5824.jpg

RAFLMAO!

But it's Sen. Biden, btw... if moosberger is Gov. Palin. :eusa_shhh:

Who in their right mind... after an incident like 9/11... would elect, FOR PRESIDENT of the United States of America... a person with the name...

BARRACK - HUSSEIN - OBAMA?

You have to be OUT OF YOUR MIND to even THINK about it.....

Once again, the Pale Rider says what many are thinking, but are afraid to say.

FUCK political correctness....... SPIT IN IT'S FACE!

Last edited:
Who in their right mind would elect a man who has flip flopped on every issue and graduated at the very bottom of his class! And whose choice for VP was a person who wanted to ban books in libraries and thinks creationism should be taught in schools? We are quickly becoming a nation of dummies who are so stupid a name means more than the issues facing the nation. Yikes!

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to destroy for future generations the natural beauty of Alaska and our coastlines.

True... Way before my time, but I hear canning Eagleton was what destroyed McGovern's campaign.

one day mcgovern said he support eagleton a 1000 percent......next day eagleton was gone....there were a lot of issues on mcgovern but that day proved his downfall.

eagleton has seen a mental health professional....that was his big sin....in the 70s it was a whole different ball game....not everyone suffered from one of the damned alphabet soup diseases. to admit depression was seen as not only unmanly but as close to crazy as you could get.

Suicidal, manic-depressive on Thorazine who had been through electroshock therapy a couple of times in the 60's ...

he had been treated for depression..which at that time as now...electrosock was used.

if you learn nothing from history please learn...history is not always the truth...but the version of the story that got written down.

Who in their right mind would elect a man who has flip flopped on every issue and graduated at the very bottom of his class! And whose choice for VP was a person who wanted to ban books in libraries and thinks creationism should be taught in schools? We are quickly becoming a nation of dummies who are so stupid a name means more than the issues facing the nation. Yikes!

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to destroy for future generations the natural beauty of Alaska and our coastlines.

There is NO COMPARRISON when it comes the the MEASURE OF A MAN between little lop eared, liver lipped, racist, junior senator, done nothing, can't speak on his own, MOST LIBERAL VOTER IN THE SENATE, shit for brains HUSSIEN, and WAR HERO John McCain!

You IGNORANT jackasses following this RACIST little PRICK are the STUPIDEST morons this country has ever had the UNFORTUNATE problem of habitating.

Hussein is a BUFFOON! And a RACIST buffoon at that.

Last edited:
Duncan News

as you Cons say BLOG.... next!!

Biden is the perfect running mate and Obama knows it. There is no reason to replace him unlike with Palin who is covered in scandal and has been since day one.

Fuck the "PUMA" vote.... Obama appeals to independent and moderates unlike McPain who are too far to the right to actually attrack anyone who isn't a bible thumping neo-con. They might've energized their base but they scared the shit out of the rest of the undecided voters.

as you Cons say BLOG.... next!!

Biden is the perfect running mate and Obama knows it. There is no reason to replace him unlike with Palin who is covered in scandal and has been since day one.

Fuck the "PUMA" vote.... Obama appeals to independent and moderates unlike McPain who are too far to the right to actually attrack anyone who isn't a bible thumping neo-con. They might've energized their base but they scared the shit out of the rest of the undecided voters.

"Silence" sounds like a good idea from you, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just regergitating liberal hog wash makes us all ill. Shut up until you can say something worth reading.

"Silence" sounds like a good idea from you, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just regergitating liberal hog wash makes us all ill. Shut up until you can say something worth reading.

Pale, you're just another CON who doesn't want to hear the truth.

You and your ilk are running scared because Palin is covered in the STENCH of scandal and more comes out about her every single day and the American people are paying attention this year, probably more than any other year in recent history.

Don't forget, according to you guys, the media is on the liberal side....and people believe what they hear..and so far all they've heard is that Sarah Palin is a LIAR....... ya'll are fucked coming and going and you know it.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back