"....by the secretary"

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
... as developed by the Secretary

... as established by the Secretary

... as identified by the Secretary

Have you considered the implications of that? The named "secretary" is subject to radical philosophical change every 4 years or sooner. And Congress didn't WRITE a health care bill. NOOOOO.. they haven't written real law for a couple decades. They've delegated the actual implementation to ONE OFFICE of the bureaucracy.

Happy with that? Want to see the policies change on the medical decisions you and your doctor make as admins change? THOUSANDS of important aspects of that "law" are left to winds of political change.

How stupid are we really?

Have you considered the implications of that? The named "secretary" is subject to radical philosophical change every 4 years or sooner. And Congress didn't WRITE a health care bill. NOOOOO.. they haven't written real law for a couple decades. They've delegated the actual implementation to ONE OFFICE of the bureaucracy.

Happy with that? Want to see the policies change on the medical decisions you and your doctor make as admins change? THOUSANDS of important aspects of that "law" are left to winds of political change.

that's interesting...

but i suspect most bills are written by lobbyists.

that's interesting...

So now the lobbyists are wasting their time lobbying Congress. All they need to do is to get Congress to pass "blank check bills" like ACA or Dodd-Frank --- then they go work over "the Secretary". Pretty neat eh? Congress deflects responsibility for how it's implemented. And lobbyists don't have to worry about financing campaigns..

Let me see the name of this bill is "Obama Care" does that answer your question.

that's interesting...

So now the lobbyists are wasting their time lobbying Congress. All they need to do is to get Congress to pass "blank check bills" like ACA or Dodd-Frank --- then they go work over "the Secretary". Pretty neat eh? Congress deflects responsibility for how it's implemented. And lobbyists don't have to worry about financing campaigns..

do you even know what you're talking about? i'm trying very hard to find some pertinent point in there... anything.

it's just too bizarre to bother with.

so... never mind.

that's interesting...

I suspect you are right, but I also know you have the process backwards.

that's interesting...

I suspect you are right, but I also know you have the process backwards.

The fact that MSNBC hasn't prepared BDB to discuss this issue --- answers my question in the OP..

BDBOOP --- you're gonna love your govt healthcare when there's a REPUBLICAN appointed Secretary "determining" all the important and relevant rules.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back