By Matt Taibbi My Advice to the Occupy Wall Street Protesters

Discussion in 'Media' started by hvactec, Oct 13, 2011.

1. hvactec

hvactec VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I've been down to "Occupy Wall Street" twice now, and I love it. The protests building at Liberty Square and spreading over Lower Manhattan are a great thing, the logical answer to the Tea Party and a long-overdue middle finger to the financial elite. The protesters picked the right target and, through their refusal to disband after just one day, the right tactic, showing the public at large that the movement against Wall Street has stamina, resolve and growing popular appeal.

But... there's a but. And for me this is a deeply personal thing, because this issue of how to combat Wall Street corruption has consumed my life for years now, and it's hard for me not to see where Occupy Wall Street could be better and more dangerous. I'm guessing, for instance, that the banks were secretly thrilled in the early going of the protests, sure they'd won round one of the messaging war.

read more My Advice to the Occupy Wall Street Protesters | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    TARGET the GUILTY.

That would help, doncha think?

What the OWS movement is doing is finding everybody guilty by association.

Same as the TPM was doing, actually.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    My advice?

Go home. Especially the normal people who have a legitimate reason to be angry. You don't want to be associated with these radicals. They will kill you the second they are done using you for what they want.

Besides, the problems is with government, they are targetting the wrong place.