By Lynn Cheney's standards...

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED rapist condones rape....

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED murderer condones murder....

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED pedophile condones pediphilia....

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED embezzler condones embezzeling....

Lynn Cheney stands AGAINST our system of justice and the COURAGEOUS and HIGHLY ETHICAL defense attorneys who step up and defend the RIGHTS of ACCUSED criminals.

I dont know about all off that, when people jump at the chance to be defenders you might question the motives.
Do you question the motives of those who jump to defend Nazis and the Klan?

*attack removed. sorry.*

You're completely wrong. Even guilty people deserve representation - and EVERY SINGLE PERSON deserves a lawyer who will fight their very best for them. Even the guilty ones.
I agree, but what about those lawyers who engage in things like destroying peoples careers to get their client off?

You know, like Mark Furhmans career?
Fuhrman revealed himself to be a racist.
No he didn't. He was asked to advise on a screenplay. Was asked to make it edgy. Was asked to make it from the perspective of a rogue cop.

I suppose all screenwriters and advisers should have their careers destroyed for using the ****** term in their work, including the black ones, eh?

Cochran showed his unethical side by pulling the race card. Ito should have never let it in as evidence. Even Robert Shapiro fought Cochran about it. He knew damn good and well that it was wrong.

And, if Fuhrman was such a racist, why in his career did he not have even one complaint lodged against him?

The man got screwed!

John Adams, in his old age, called his defense of British soldiers in 1770 "one of the most gallant, generous, manly, and disinterested actions of my whole life, and one of the best pieces of service I ever rendered my country."

Key Figures in the Boston Massacre Trial

Obviously John Adams is a terrorist who hates America. We should definitely follow the opinion of Liz Cheney over such a man. :eusa_eh: :lol:

I agree, but what about those lawyers who engage in things like destroying peoples careers to get their client off?

No he didn't. He was asked to advise on a screenplay. Was asked to make it edgy. Was asked to make it from the perspective of a rogue cop.

I suppose all screenwriters and advisers should have their careers destroyed for using the ****** term in their work, including the black ones, eh?

Cochran showed his unethical side by pulling the race card. Ito should have never let it in as evidence. Even Robert Shapiro fought Cochran about it. He knew damn good and well that it was wrong.

And, if Fuhrman was such a racist, why in his career did he not have even one complaint lodged against him?

The man got screwed!

You know, this is the first time EVER that I've agreed with Wicked Jester, I think.

I highly doubt that Mark Fuhrman was a racist man.

The man got screwed!

You know, this is the first time EVER that I've agreed with Wicked Jester, I think.

Nah, we've actually agreed before in the past. Not sure what the agreements were, but we've agreed.

That whole case was just bizaare. I only wish I had been on that jury. I would have hung it like wet laundry.

The funny thing is, OJ was one of my hero's. I grew up in so. Cal and am a huge USC fan. I was convinced he didn't do it. But man, as that DV and blood evidence kept growing his hero status went right out the freakin' window. It was just too damn obvious.

Bad, star struck judge + Unethical attorney + star struck jury = no justice

Sad, but true!

I only hope those two victims are resting in peace.

The man got screwed!

Nah, we've actually agreed before in the past. Not sure what the agreements were, but we've agreed.

That whole case was just bizaare. I only wish I had been on that jury. I would have hung it like wet laundry.

The funny thing is, OJ was one of my hero's. I grew up in so. Cal and am a huge USC fan. I was convinced he didn't do it. But man, as that DV and blood evidence kept growing his hero status went right out the freakin' window. It was just too damn obvious.

Sad, but true!

I grew up on the east and never really followed football, but I was a fan of OJ as "Nordberg" in the Naked Gun movies. :cool:

Sad, but true!

I grew up on the east and never really followed football, but I was a fan of OJ as "Nordberg" in the Naked Gun movies. :cool:
That's funny!....He was such a terrible actor, but he fit right in in those movies. I still laugh when I see 'em.

Sad, but true!

That's funny!....He was such a terrible actor, but he fit right in in those movies. I still laugh when I see 'em.

When I was young, those movies were the funniest shit in the world to me. When I got older, and looked back on them, they were pretty terrible - but still funny.

When I was young, those movies were the funniest shit in the world to me. When I got older, and looked back on them, they were pretty terrible - but still funny.
It's like the two "Airplane" movies. They were so stupid, but I still laugh.

Just goes to show that the complete absurd can be pretty damn funny. That's probably why I laugh so much on this board. Seriously, I spend half my time up here just laughing my ass off at the absurdity of it all. The things that some people concern themselves with provides many laughs indeed.

criminal defense attorneys don't ask them if they are innocent or guilty ...they don't want to know.....they don't need to know....it is about the law ..... they can't hide activity....it is against their ethical oath...spend some time with a crimnal defense attorney they will explain it....

They don't necessarily ask. But they often know. And if they know their client is guilty, duty to justice comes before duty to their clients.

Bwuh?

Had to quote Allie from another person's post since I ignore her ignorant rantings but I thought I would answer this post.

"They don't necessarily ask. But they often know. And if they know their client is guilty, duty to justice comes before duty to their clients.[/" (emphasis added)

Actually as a DEFENSE attorney your duty to your CLIENT comes first above ALL ELSE that is what makes them such ETHICAL people. A defense attorney doesn't get to decide he will just railroad his client if he finds out he is guilty he must STILL defend his client with EVERY means possible.

Well I did some research and some of what I came across supports that in defending your client you are defending the concept of justice..so your obligation is first to client then to the general public.

Which just seems wrong to me.

However, an "ADEQUATE" defense is the watermark.

It's one thing to defend an accused criminal, and give them the best defense possible.

It's another to try your hardest to get a criminal who you know has committed the crime, off.

Do you see the difference?

There is no difference. If you give an accused criminal the best defense possible, you're trying your hardest to get them off regardless of if they are actually guilty or not guilty.

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED rapist condones rape....

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED murderer condones murder....

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED pedophile condones pediphilia....

Anyone who defends an ACCUSED embezzler condones embezzeling....

Lynn Cheney stands AGAINST our system of justice and the COURAGEOUS and HIGHLY ETHICAL defense attorneys who step up and defend the RIGHTS of ACCUSED criminals.

There are some who would say she is right in that.

It's one thing to defend an accused criminal, and give them the best defense possible.

It's another to try your hardest to get a criminal who you know has committed the crime, off.

Do you see the difference?

Are you saying that if an attorney knows their client is guilty, they should gun deck the defense and not give it their best?

Sure. But defense attorneys are unethical if they know a client committed the crime, and they portray them as though they didn't.

Sorry, but they are required to give the best defense possible. If they do not, they can be Disbarred....AND their case gets thrown out and their client gets a new trial....seems to me you support a corruption of the legal system.

They deserve a defense. But attorneys are NOT obligated to hoodwink juries and judges. They are supposed to provide a good defense but they are not supposed to hide a criminal's criminal activity from those who pass judgment.

criminal defense attorneys don't ask them if they are innocent or guilty ...they don't want to know.....they don't need to know....it is about the law ..... they can't hide activity....it is against their ethical oath...spend some time with a crimnal defense attorney they will explain it....

They don't necessarily ask. But they often know. And if they know their client is guilty, duty to justice comes before duty to their clients.

Wow! You really know NOTHING about our Legal System and what lawyers are REQUIRED to do. :doubt:

*attack removed. sorry.*

You're completely wrong. Even guilty people deserve representation - and EVERY SINGLE PERSON deserves a lawyer who will fight their very best for them. Even the guilty ones.

That's right. I hear the poor man is devastated and living on the streets these days. :doubt:

Forum List

Back