By far my best audio work. | Hey Dude, don't be afraid...

...Take a great song, and make it better...

I took the Isaac Hayes "Theme from Shaft" from 1971 and made it digital, then cut it up and re-mixed it. For those who know it well, this expanded edition will be a shock to hear. I layered in some additional instrumentation, really tweaked the sound, and added 5.1 encoding. It's now more than one minute longer than the original as well.

It is as crystal clear and clean as it can be made, NO noise or distortion. The sound quality beats the most recent digital retail version by miles.

So, click below and enjoy, "Shaft" for 2011. It's 10MB, so may take awhile to download. You can stream it with either Winamp or Windows Media Player, or any other media player, by pasting the link in.

...and RIP Isaac....

Theme from Shaft -- Isaac Hayes -- Digitally enhanced, expanded and remastered | Excellence in Podcasting Networks

I skied off a cliff and broke my leg to this song on my walkman.. even though I fell 20FT and rolled another 30 the headphones stayed on and played through the whole ordeal

Last edited:

I took the Isaac Hayes "Theme from Shaft" from 1971 and made it digital, then cut it up and re-mixed it. For those who know it well, this expanded edition will be a shock to hear. I layered in some additional instrumentation, really tweaked the sound, and added 5.1 encoding. It's now more than one minute longer than the original as well.

It is as crystal clear and clean as it can be made, NO noise or distortion. The sound quality beats the most recent digital retail version by miles.

So, click below and enjoy, "Shaft" for 2011. It's 10MB, so may take awhile to download. You can stream it with either Winamp or Windows Media Player, or any other media player, by pasting the link in.

...and RIP Isaac....

Theme from Shaft -- Isaac Hayes -- Digitally enhanced, expanded and remastered | Excellence in Podcasting Networks

I skied off a cliff and broke my leg to this song on my walkman.. even though I fell 20FT and rolled another 30 the headphones stayed on and played through the whole ordeal
Ha! I bet that still plays like a video in your mind, slo-mo and all, every time you hear that.

This one's got MOAR POWAH though!

...and RIP Isaac....

:clap2: Awesome work, and a wonderful tribute!
Thanks!

I hope Issac likes it.

Couldn't help myself..... Went back in the studio and changed the ending!

Same link, different result now!

this is pretty sweet man, for realz. i need to get me some dual monitors, too. nice!!!!~

Man oh man!

Time travel is real enough and music is the mechanism to take you into the past.

When the first bar of this opened, I was instantly transported to a strip joint wherea buch of pals of mine and I were visiting (somewhere in Queens, or maybe Brooklyn) in order to help a chum forget his recently broken heart.

Back in the 70's Isaac Hayes must have been the strippers favorite music.

Those girls just loved this song.

Last edited:
Man oh man!

Time travel is real enough and music is the mechanism to take you into the past.

When the first bar of this opened, I was instantly transported to a strip joint wherea buch of pals of mine and I were visiting (somewhere in Queens, or maybe Brooklyn) in order to help a chum forget his recently broken heart.

Back in the 70's Isaac Hayes must have been the strippers favorite music.

Those girls just loved this song.
Ha!

In the early 90s I had a female friend who was a bittytar dancer.... I made her a mix with Shaft and Prince's "Batdance" from the 1989 Batman movie. It was complete with sound bytes from both movies... She made herself a KILLER Batgirl outfit..... And danced it to the hilt. Made butt loads of cash! The dudes loved it and her, and happily parted with their money!

Back then, I recorded all of my audio mixes on 3/4" VHS videotape, (Unknown to most, this was digital audio back then. In fact, DATs came out around then, Digital Audio Tape, but it never caught on) then transferred to cassette! CASSETTE!

When Compact Disc recorders became affordable, the mixes, I still did on VHS, but then I would record them on a CD for the end product.

Now there's no tape at all, unless it's the source material (which this was.) Everything is virtual and digital. This type of work is no longer the labor it used to be. 30 years of doing this type of stuff though, sometimes I do long for the junk mechanical equipment, the noisy mixers, the tape hiss, all that.

NOT!

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT.
Neutral territory and a topic we can all agree on. Nice work !
The re-master is fantastic too.:eusa_angel:
Preciate the roses!

Feel free to spread this wealth around, all over the innertubes! I have like, unlimited bandwidth and stuff!

Love it! Well done, MM!

I'd like an MP3 for miPod.

Here's a much better video, and now more user-friendly since it's on YouTube.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_wAiBm_H5OE[/ame]

Forum List

Back