By a show of "hands" how many leftists on here would give up their cars or phones for climate change

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Theowl32, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Dick Foster

Dick Foster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The People's Republic of the Californicated
    Ratings:
    +3,206
    It also bubbles up in the middle of Portola creek in the middle of a Portola Sate Park a California state park yet somehow the salmon don't care and continue to spawn in Portola creek every spring. I still can't figure out why the state of California isn't treating it as a toxic oil spill like they do every accident on the freeway when a little diesel spills and the fools are out there running around in hazmat suits.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,888

I already provided my solution which is a win-win for both sides with carbon engineering. Only the leftist idiots do not get this concept and want to rob first, second, and third world world countries of fossil fuels. Not only do your green solutions fail miserably, they cause further problems.

[​IMG]

This is the hypocrisy of the Democrats and libs like you. They should be leading by example.

3. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,375
    I grew up in Santa Barbara, where much of the ignorant population blames the oil industry for all the tar that washes upon our beaches.

It is not widely understood, that that tar has been washing up on those beaches since long before we ever found a use for oil. Long before white people arrived in the area, the Chumash indians were using that tar to seal up their boats.

And not far away, is a place known as Coal Oil Point, so named because the first sailors to explore the area came to recognize it by the smell of the oil floating on the ocean.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,888
    Here's the real science. Global warming and global cooling is a natural part of life. None of it is unnatural. Excess CO2 is part of modern life. Carbon engineering will lessen excess CO2 and help improve, i.e. make more efficient, fossil fuel production. What is more of the problem is pollution of air and water which we can see. Also, we have too much plastic waste. We should all be for this and protecting the Earth. Instead, we get go kill yourself in order to save the planet by the nutgoobers.

5. Gdjjr

Gdjjr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +505
    I've read a couple true accounts about water pollution. One was in the NE (Mass IMS) that took several people getting really sick and several lawsuits to get it corrected- so, in this case the "law" was helpful, and at other times culpable in its complicitness- (Flint Mich comes to mind as well)- I have read accounts about the deforestation and water pollution in the Appalachian coal mine areas as well. I don't know what's become of that. There is also the story of how the EPA fucked up a river in NM- CO2 helps plants- and a lot of the see through plastic containers are *corn" based oil.
    Market driven innovation can cure ALL our ills- rules and regulations are just words on paper that can be twisted by lawyers to serve an agenda, be it good, bad or indifferent.

6. james bond

james bond Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,888
    I'm discussing basic policy on the same level as CO2 warming. There are going to be glitches with either policy which will have to be dealt with. Why didn't you post about all the birds being killed by solar and wind plants? People cannot live near those monstrosities for their health. It's not efficient. The facts of life is we need fossil fuels, but it produces after effects that ruin our standard of living. It's not going to kill us as a planet, but the libs have brainwashed you into believing that with excess CO2.

My point is air and water pollution is based on real science, that which is obeservable, testable, and falsifiable. None of the CO2 warming should be allowed as science. It's all circumstantial evidence and the rest is made up bullshit.

7. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,706
    Say 'is not' in Latin doesn't make it any more authoritative. Sorry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,706
    NO Dem or liberal speaks for every other Dem or liberal. That exists only in your imagination. You judge Dems and liberals by their most extreme members, do you judge the GOP and conservatives by the same yardstick?

9. bear513

bear513 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,515

Well that would be true if the Democrat party was made up of more diverse people then rich liberals, women, chix with dicks, 99% of blacks and 20 million illegal Mexicans

They left the working men out of it years ago and the JFK conservatives.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,300

Not one would even get off their ass to support any people they pretend to give a shit about. When confronted with this they say, “well, well...I pay my taxes!”

• Agree Agree x 1