By a show of "hands" how many leftists on here would give up their cars or phones for climate change

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

If so, can we assume this will be the last time we ever read a post from you?

I already have given up a regular gas car. I bought my first hybrid in 2001. The ex and I decided then to never buy a regular gas car again and I haven't. My next car will be a fully electric car.

If I could give up my phone I sure would. I got my first cell phone in 1994 or 93. I forget which year. It was the first year that the flip phone came out. It was the size of a brick with a detachable battery. I originally got it for my career. I learned in 2001 about a bee sting allergy that's lethal that I have.

If I'm stung I have less than 10 minutes before I die. An epi pen will stop the anaphylactic reaction for about 40 minutes to an hour. There is no cure for a bee sting. All doctors can do is treat the symptoms and prevent me from dying. That epi pen buys me time to get to a hospital so I don't die.

I've been advised to never go to remote places and never, ever be without a phone. In the time I learned about the allergy phone batteries came off and you could carry a second charged one. Which I was advised to do.

The last time I was stung all I was able to do was take 2 steps. The anaphylactic reaction hit hard. I couldn't even get up the stairs to get to an epi pen.

I moved us over next to Puget Sound to get away from bees. The beach is about a block from here. Bees don't like salt air. They hang out here but not much and there are no bee nest here like there is east of here.

So it's a matter of my life and death with the cell phone. I can't give that up.

What was that? 8 paragraphs saying you are unwilling to make sacrifices?

Could have just said

NO

Would have saved me some time there.

I already have made sacrifices. I have been buying and driving hybrid cars since 2001.

I voted to raise my taxes to build one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 90s. When it came on line it generated too much energy for the existing grid to handle. So again I, along with the rest of the state, voted to increase our taxes again to build that new grid.

We started shutting down our last operating coal fire plant in 2005 it's close to being closed. It serves a small area of farmers in the central western part of the state. None of the energy I use comes from that plant. All the energy I use comes from water, natural gas, wind and sun.

I few years ago I again with the rest of the area in the state voted to raise my taxes again. On both home and vehicle. To build a light rail system through the area. Add more mass transit in buses and other forms of mass transit that helps either lower emissions or don't spew any at all.

I live in the city that introduced curb side recycling in the 1980s. I've been recycling literally for decades.

My car runs on electricity at least half the time so my emissions are so low I don't have to get my car smog checked. In fact I haven't had to do that in nearly 2 decades because my car has such low emissions it's not necessary to measure and test. I think the regular gas cars stink badly. I can't believe I drove around in those horrible smelling things for so long and was used to it.

My next car will be fully electric so it won't even have a tailpipe.

I have my own grocery bags that I take to the store, I don't use the plastic or paper bags. I started doing that around 1990. I use eco friendly soaps and cleaners.

I barely have a carbon footprint.

Yet you expect me to die because you demand it?

Do you see how ridiculous you are? You demand I die from a bee sting because I have no way to get help and get to a hospital.

What have you done to contribute?

I notice no one here is demanding you or your far right radical extremist friends give up anything.

The fact is, you're a hypocrite and fraud.

I'm not giving up shit, don't try and force any of your bullshit on the rest of us. I don't recycle, I take plastic bags and I will continue to drive my fossil fuel human killer.

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

I already have given up a regular gas car. I bought my first hybrid in 2001. The ex and I decided then to never buy a regular gas car again and I haven't. My next car will be a fully electric car.

If I could give up my phone I sure would. I got my first cell phone in 1994 or 93. I forget which year. It was the first year that the flip phone came out. It was the size of a brick with a detachable battery. I originally got it for my career. I learned in 2001 about a bee sting allergy that's lethal that I have.

If I'm stung I have less than 10 minutes before I die. An epi pen will stop the anaphylactic reaction for about 40 minutes to an hour. There is no cure for a bee sting. All doctors can do is treat the symptoms and prevent me from dying. That epi pen buys me time to get to a hospital so I don't die.

I've been advised to never go to remote places and never, ever be without a phone. In the time I learned about the allergy phone batteries came off and you could carry a second charged one. Which I was advised to do.

The last time I was stung all I was able to do was take 2 steps. The anaphylactic reaction hit hard. I couldn't even get up the stairs to get to an epi pen.

I moved us over next to Puget Sound to get away from bees. The beach is about a block from here. Bees don't like salt air. They hang out here but not much and there are no bee nest here like there is east of here.

So it's a matter of my life and death with the cell phone. I can't give that up.

Could have just said

NO

I already have made sacrifices. I have been buying and driving hybrid cars since 2001.

I voted to raise my taxes to build one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 90s. When it came on line it generated too much energy for the existing grid to handle. So again I, along with the rest of the state, voted to increase our taxes again to build that new grid.

We started shutting down our last operating coal fire plant in 2005 it's close to being closed. It serves a small area of farmers in the central western part of the state. None of the energy I use comes from that plant. All the energy I use comes from water, natural gas, wind and sun.

I few years ago I again with the rest of the area in the state voted to raise my taxes again. On both home and vehicle. To build a light rail system through the area. Add more mass transit in buses and other forms of mass transit that helps either lower emissions or don't spew any at all.

I live in the city that introduced curb side recycling in the 1980s. I've been recycling literally for decades.

My car runs on electricity at least half the time so my emissions are so low I don't have to get my car smog checked. In fact I haven't had to do that in nearly 2 decades because my car has such low emissions it's not necessary to measure and test. I think the regular gas cars stink badly. I can't believe I drove around in those horrible smelling things for so long and was used to it.

I have my own grocery bags that I take to the store, I don't use the plastic or paper bags. I started doing that around 1990. I use eco friendly soaps and cleaners.

Do you see how ridiculous you are? You demand I die from a bee sting because I have no way to get help and get to a hospital.

I notice no one here is demanding you or your far right radical extremist friends give up anything.

None of the energy I use comes from that plant. All the energy I use comes from water, natural gas, wind and sun.

That's a huge lie, girl

Would you?

Could have just said

NO

I'm not giving up shit, don't try and force any of your bullshit on the rest of us. I don't recycle, I take plastic bags and I will continue to drive my fossil fuel human killer.

You pee and poop, that's recycling

Would you?

Could have just said

NO

You pee and poop, that's recycling

No it’s not

Would you?

Could have just said

NO

Good for you! I just hope you don't have any grandchildren.

We need fossil fuels in the US. We do not need fossil fuel deniers. The Dems and libs can move to Canada and take their wind turbines and solar farms with them. We'll build the carbon engineering plants and become self-reliant on fossil fuels and their maintenance in order to combat air and water pollution.

I'm sure the numbers will improve when the hypocrites move out -- Pollution Comparison Between Canada And United States.

I have driven hybrids for years. I am very vigilant about recycling. I do not waste water. I would love to live without a cellphone, but my wife would not allow it, and I have teenagers. I quite often walk to the store in stead of taking the car. I wish that I could find a way to fly less, that would be next on my list. I do not assume things about people the way that you do, if you were a better person, the world would be a better place.

Do you not realize that nearly everyone has the same reasons for not being wiling to give up modern technology that you do?

What makes you so special, that others should have to give up benefits of modern life to “save the planet”, that you are yourself unwilling to give up?
I am willing. Governments have to make it easier like making electric cars more accessible. Building roads out of plastic bottles. This is not something that we can easily do ourselves. And what is wrong with 'saving the planet'? Look at how quickly the ice is melting.

I have driven hybrids for years. I am very vigilant about recycling. I do not waste water. I would love to live without a cellphone, but my wife would not allow it, and I have teenagers. I quite often walk to the store in stead of taking the car. I wish that I could find a way to fly less, that would be next on my list. I do not assume things about people the way that you do, if you were a better person, the world would be a better place.

Do you not realize that nearly everyone has the same reasons for not being wiling to give up modern technology that you do?

What makes you so special, that others should have to give up benefits of modern life to “save the planet”, that you are yourself unwilling to give up?
They are the left. They always have the moral high ground, and from those false moral platitudes, they are able to be hypocritical and sleep soundly at night.

Their echo chambers comfort them and by the power of group think, they are tranquilized within those "safe spaces."

Me calling them hypocrites is about as bothersome as a cloudy day for them. It is just when anyone presents truth that they fall into severe cognitive dissonance and they just hammer their nails like they always do at that truth.
There is no reason for us to care what you think and say.

in 20 years, cars will be electric, no longer spewing C02. So no need to give up the car. Just change it to be more environmentally friendly. Which is being done.
Why would I have to give up my phone? (I don't have one, but if I did?)
Can someone let old lady know what the climate changers are claiming about cell phones?

Also, I am thinking since the earth only has 11 years left, that stuff about electric cars in 20 years does little.

Unless old lady, you think aoc and fonda are full of crap. Is that your claim with your 20 years comment?

What are they claiming about cell phones?
I watched the video and the question was about fossil fuels.
And why the interviewer posed the question about giving up cell phones was simply silly.
You're really working hard to avoid the fucking obvious information that the actual climate scientists are advocating: Climate Solutions

You're fucking fake news.

They are the left. They always have the moral high ground, and from those false moral platitudes, they are able to be hypocritical and sleep soundly at night.

Their echo chambers comfort them and by the power of group think, they are tranquilized within those "safe spaces."

Me calling them hypocrites is about as bothersome as a cloudy day for them. It is just when anyone presents truth that they fall into severe cognitive dissonance and they just hammer their nails like they always do at that truth.
There is no reason for us to care what you think and say.
Oh, still using products that rely on the burning of fossil fuels like the demented double talking hypocritical idiot I see.

Don't worry, your socialism will be here soon enough. Your dear leader stalin once referred to dipshits like you as useful idiots.

Idiot

I am willing.

You've sure voiced a lot of excuses, already, as to why you are not willing.

You're speaking with a forked tongue.

Governments have to make it easier like making electric cars more accessible.

Electric cars will become more accessible, when the technology is ready for them to be practical, or more so, that internal-combustion-engined cars.

That will occur, if it ever does, as a result of research and development taking place in private industry, and because of government.

Would you?

Let's have a show of Paws for how many right-wingers believe that crap ?

Grunt .... Grunt ...

Forum List

Back