By 2030 there will be two workers paying SS to support one retiree..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As these trends have continued, today there are just 2.9 workers per retiree—and this amount is expected to drop to two workers per retiree by 2030.

$worker-per-beneficiary-chart.jpg

How Many Workers Support One Social Security Retiree? | Mercatus

So when people like me have been suggesting changes in SS/Medicare that will SAVE them, what do opponents do?
Yell we want to push granny over the cliff! Want to cut SS/Medicare...!!!

When all the while SS/Medicare heading for the day in 2030 when 2 people's paychecks will have deductions to pay for one retiree!

When it doesn't have to be that way!!!

All of us in favor of MODERNIZING SS/Medicare evidently are smart enough to note a trend... PEOPLE are living longer then when 70 years ago NO one
thought people would live past 65! So that was the magic number!

Simple raise retirement to 67 extends SS/Medicare.

Allow any one under 55 to tell SS/Medicare "put my forced SAVINGS INTO my local bank and let it ride till I'm 67!"
ONLY intelligent people like me seem to know what the power of "compound interest" could do at 3% over 45 years for someone getting 12% of their paycheck saved!
Nearly a million dollars and the government owes nothing ! It is the individual's to retire on .. pay medical bills and leave to the family a nest egg!

Last edited:
My, aren't we optimistic. We won't have recovered from Maobama by 2030, and they will never let you have your own money, they wouldn't be able to waste it for ya.

All I know is that it's the "right thing to do."

No idea how we're going to pay for it though, but who cares. It's a good deed. Besides, can't we just print money anyways?

Increase to 67 already scheduled to phase-in starting in 2017. We need to eliminate the cap on Social Security taxes, which is a huge tax reduction for those making over $110k per year.

As these trends have continued, today there are just 2.9 workers per retiree—and this amount is expected to drop to two workers per retiree by 2030.

View attachment 23742

How Many Workers Support One Social Security Retiree? | Mercatus

So when people like me have been suggesting changes in SS/Medicare that will SAVE them, what do opponents do?
Yell we want to push granny over the cliff! Want to cut SS/Medicare...!!!

When all the while SS/Medicare heading for the day in 2030 when 2 people's paychecks will have deductions to pay for one retiree!

When it doesn't have to be that way!!!

All of us in favor of MODERNIZING SS/Medicare evidently are smart enough to note a trend... PEOPLE are living longer then when 70 years ago NO one
thought people would live past 65! So that was the magic number!

Simple raise retirement to 67 extends SS/Medicare.

Allow any one under 55 to tell SS/Medicare "put my forced SAVINGS INTO my local bank and let it ride till I'm 67!"
ONLY intelligent people like me seem to know what the power of "compound interest" could do at 3% over 45 years for someone getting 12% of their paycheck saved!
Nearly a million dollars and the government owes nothing ! It is the individual's to retire on .. pay medical bills and leave to the family a nest egg!

I will be retiring in 2020, so let me thank you all right now. Especially those who voted against Romney when his running mate had a workable plan to save SS.

Thanks all!

And yet we have a dozen or so conservative threads on the board in the past week attacking the expiration of the payroll tax cut,

and blaming it on President Obama.

And yet we have a dozen or so conservative threads on the board in the past week attacking the expiration of the payroll tax cut,

So in your fantasy world, conservatives were in favor of the payroll tax cut and blame President Obama for letting it expire?

You need to pay attention, most of the threads are laughing at the lefties complaining that their paychecks are smaller.

Though it's not hussein obama's fault really, he's just doing what a left wing nut does. I blame the idiots that voted for him.

Increase to 67 already scheduled to phase-in starting in 2017. We need to eliminate the cap on Social Security taxes, which is a huge tax reduction for those making over $110k per year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Constitution require the government fairly compensate you for confiscating your property. They're already talking about means testing benefits and you want the people to pay more for the benefits they most likely won't get anyways. Only a damned communist would call that fair.

So in your fantasy world, conservatives were in favor of the payroll tax cut and blame President Obama for letting it expire?

More Republicans voted for it than Democrats.

And Obama is being attacked every day here for the last week or so because it expired. Unless of course those are conservatives who agree with the president on letting it expire but who are just being assholes by attacking him.

You need to pay attention, most of the threads are laughing at the lefties complaining that their paychecks are smaller.

Though it's not hussein obama's fault really, he's just doing what a left wing nut does. I blame the idiots that voted for him.

Those threads that were lying about liberals over on DU? Yeah, I saw them.

Forum List

Back