BWHAHA .. alabama politicans fight over creationism is ads

As a Christian and as a public servant, I have never wavered in my belief that this world and everything in it is a masterpiece created by the hands of God," Byrne wrote. "As a member of the Alabama Board of Education, the record clearly shows that I fought to ensure the teaching of creationism in our school text books. Those who attack me have distorted, twisted and misrepresented my comments and are spewing utter lies to the people of this state."

He went on: "I believe the Bible is the Word of God and that every single word of it is true ... My faith is at the center of my life and my belief in Jesus Christ as my personal savior and Lord guides my every action."

and before people come neg repping, I don't care if people use the Bible for spiritual guidance, I have read it for such purposes as well, just don't tell me it stands up to rigorous scientific standards and inquiry and expect me not to laugh at you

AL Gov Candidate Responds To Ad: I Do Too Believe In Creationism! (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he believes every word in the bible

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

still waiting on proof that the moon generates light

it is scary these people are put into positions of power

I can't view the video, but I don't understand your statement. Even though I would prefer that politicians kept their spiritual beliefs mainly to themselves, it's not like believing in God is a new fad among them.

the guy is running for election or re-election and the person he is running against put an ad out blasting him for not being a creationist, so he responds back with a statement pissed off saying how much he believes the bible and how he believes every word in it is true, etc. pure creationists and literalist nonsense that has no place in an educated society.

AL Gov Candidate Responds To Ad: I Do Too Believe In Creationism! (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he believes every word in the bible

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

still waiting on proof that the moon generates light

it is scary these people are put into positions of power

I can't view the video, but I don't understand your statement. Even though I would prefer that politicians kept their spiritual beliefs mainly to themselves, it's not like believing in God is a new fad among them.

the guy is running for election or re-election and the person he is running against put an ad out blasting him for not being a creationist, so he responds back with a statement pissed off saying how much he believes the bible and how he believes every word in it is true, etc. pure creationists and literalist nonsense that has no place in an educated society.

I'll assume he's pandering to his constituents. If that's what the voters want, then there will be candidates to appease them. I wouldn't judge someone as crazy for believing in the Bible. My experience is that you can't make yourself believe or unbelieve, regardless of scientific proof. That's why it's called faith.

My experience is that you can't make yourself believe or unbelieve, regardless of scientific proof. That's why it's called faith.
------------------------------

If one can't believe regardless of scientific proof, that isn't faith, it's mental illness.

Forum List

Back