Bwany Fwank: Obamacare a mistake

Interesting. Notice as Libs leave congress nearly all of them take a shot at Obama as they go?

It makes it look like history will not be kind to him either.

As a basic framework for defining the sector, the United Nations International Standard Industrial Classification categorizes health care as generally consisting of hospital activities medical and dental practice activities and other human health activities.:banana2:

Looks to me like the ACA will change who is paying, rather than decreasing the overall cost of HC.

I might have missed something, so if any of you actually KNOW how ACA will drive down the aggregate cost of HC in the USA, I'd like you to explain it to me.

What I think I understand is that the following sounds good, but I am dubious

The following from Read the Law | HealthCare.gov

The Act will protect and preserve Medicare as a commitment to America’s seniors.

Yeah, okay...how?

It will save thousands of dollars in drug costs for Medicare beneficiaries by closing the coverage gap called the “donut hole.”

That's a good thing, but that won't reduce costs, that merely change who pays.

Doctors, nurses and hospitals will be incentivized to improve care and reduce unnecessary errors that harm patients.

What? They weren't "incentivized" to do that BEFORE the ACA? This sentence basically sounds great but means NOTHING.

And beneficiaries in rural America will benefit as the Act enhances access to health care services in underserved areas.

That's a good thing, but that won't reduce costs. If anything that will increase costs.

The Act takes important steps to make sure that we can keep the commitment of Medicare for the next generation of seniors by ending massive overpayments to insurance companies that cost American taxpayers tens of billions of dollars per year.

WHY? Why would it take a complete change to make sure that insurance companies aren't overpaid? Why are they overpaid NOW?

As the numbers of Americans without insurance falls, the Act saves taxpayer dollars by keeping people healthier before they join the program and reducing Medicare’s need to pay hospitals to care for the uninsured.

That claim remains to be seen. I understand that IN THEORY early care is cheaper care, but I have my doubts about the math in REALITY.

And to make sure that the quality of care for seniors drives all of our decisions, a group of doctors and health care experts, not Members of Congress, will be tasked with coming up with their best ideas to improve quality and reduce costs for Medicare beneficiaries.

"Health insurers will pay $1.3 billion in rebates to consumers and employers this year under a provision of President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law that penalizes plans that devote too little of their premium revenues to health services, an independent study showed on Thursday.

The study, published by the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation, said the data illustrated some of the tangible benefits that consumers and employers could expect from the embattled 2010 law if it survives two major legal and political election-year challenges.

The rebates, which are due by August 1, stem from premiums paid in 2011 on plans representing nearly 16 million beneficiaries. But Kaiser, a nonprofit healthcare research group, said most of the money is expected to go to employers rather than consumers."

:clap2:

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Frank Raines, and Jim Johnson should all have adjoining prison cells

They make Bernie Madoff look honest

He's right it should have been single payer.

He wanted single payer....he couldn't get the democrats onboard with that and had to settle. :eusa_whistle:

That's not correct. He wanted to compromise with the R's...

funny he'd think that was possible.

Excuse me? He settled with what he got...he had to bribe and threaten his party with what he ended up with.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAPLb-HVcM]Barack Obama and single payer health care - YouTube[/ame]

"Health insurers will pay $1.3 billion in rebates to consumers and employers this year under a provision of President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law that penalizes plans that devote too little of their premium revenues to health services, an independent study showed on Thursday.

The study, published by the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation, said the data illustrated some of the tangible benefits that consumers and employers could expect from the embattled 2010 law if it survives two major legal and political election-year challenges.

The rebates, which are due by August 1, stem from premiums paid in 2011 on plans representing nearly 16 million beneficiaries. But Kaiser, a nonprofit healthcare research group, said most of the money is expected to go to employers rather than consumers."

:clap2:

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

HA! And just who do you think is going to pay for THAT?
Oh yes...."the government" will pay....And who funds the "government"?...
Yeah....Thought you'd lose your lunch.
Cut the shit ,big font.
The people that earn a half decent living are going to get fleeced on this deal because WE are the ones who are going to be footing the bill.
The only people who want this shitty thing are freeloaders, parasites and non-producers.
In other words, those who believe they are entitled.

Barney Frank said he thought the TIMING was a mistake. He felt it should have been done later in Obama's first term and felt it would have yielded a better health care bill. I agree. America needs Single-Payer.

No..You fucking parasites need single payer.
Look, if you want socialized medicine, Canada calls you.

Forum List

Back