Bwahahahahahh!!! Newsweak Heads to the Block...

Newsweek took the Obama worship to an extreme - and was disingenuous regarding the nature of it's publication. Other far left media are also seeing drops in viewership and readership (in addition, Air American went BK). The Obama Worship just isn't selling too well these day.

And even if they did, are they the first? Or even the last? Nope. Face it, outdated business model.

Air America went BK also because of a plain bad business model, not just outdated.

What you're doing is allowing your blind hatred for Obama and everything left to not let you see the reality of the situation.

It's a matter of degree. Obama is certainly newsworthy - but Newsweek was excessive in its fawning, uncritical coverage.

And the Huffington Post isn't? And The Nation isn't? And the NY Times isn't? And MSNBC isn't?

It's their business model. Not their focus on Obama.

It's a matter of degree. Obama is certainly newsworthy - but Newsweek was excessive in its fawning, uncritical coverage.

And the Huffington Post isn't? And The Nation isn't? And the NY Times isn't? And MSNBC isn't?

It's their business model. Not their focus on Obama.

Bo's right. Newsweek couldn't afford to alienate subscribers in its excessive, fawning, uncritical coverage of Obama. This is a center-right country. That's why Fox is beating MSNBC. And it's why the WSJ is doing better than the NYT. They simply have larger pools of potential customers to sell to.

Established lefty blogs and magazines ALREADY have the corner on the liberal niche market. And just like in every other market, you're not going to sell a fake to a customer who can buy the real thing... not for the same amount of cash anyway. And in the current market, Opinion can be had for free.

The focus on Obama, the lack of constructive criticism, displayed a propagandist agenda. It was very clear that this magazine had gone from reporting and analysis of the news... to attempting to manipulate public opinion.

The difference between center-right outlets and leftist ones... is that they are already in sync with the largest pool of potential customers. They aren't taking a minority opinion and artlessly trying to mainstream it. They're appealing to the majority opinion as it is.

Liberals don't believe that their opinion is in the minority. They only see that their "progressive" representatives are successful and in power. They can't accept that these people LIED in order to get where they are, that they DO NOT truly reflect the views of the majority of Americans. They can't see that the power these people have is tenuous, dependent upon keeping up the lie and upon keeping their voting districts gerrymandered just so.

Newsweek is deserving of its fate. They too... LIED. They were supposed to be selling news.

I have soft spot for newsweek because it was where I got my first taste of Milton Friedman.

Which must have tasted like dog shit. Friedman is a corrupt, evil man with much blood on his hands. May he rot in hell with his Chicago boys and "shock therapy".

On topic: The Economist is a phenomenal magazine. Just brilliant!!! It is by far the best magazine on the market. Some of their articles are just incredible - well written, thoughtful, intelligent.... a lot like me.

Very good magazine, despite a slight lefty slant. But they have really good solid content. They have tables full of really useful information. I don't know if they still do it, but they used to have incredible "schools briefs." 20 pages of solid writing on difficult subjects.

For the past year, I haven't manged to get past Newsweeks covers, but they said a lot about the quality of the content.

I think Newsweek made a huge error in going to opinion pieces. You can get that in any bar and any internet message board. People want good content. Which is why the WSJ does well, the times does not. Not because of the WSJ slant, but the WSJ product. The Times product is too much rubber stamp and not enough research and thinking.

Forum List

Back