Bwahahahaha! USDA official resigns amid race controversy

Big Government has not posted the full speech. The Douglas, Ga., company which filmed the banquet for the local NAACP has refused to release it to TPMmuckraker. The owner of the video company, Johnny Wilkerson, says he is sending the full video to the national NAACP, and hopes to post it in full once he gets permission.
Wilkerson also told us that the full speech is exactly as Sherrod described, and that she goes on to explain learning the error of her initial impression and helping the farmer keep his farm.
In 1986, at the time of the incident, Sherrod worked for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund, a job she held until she was appointed to the USDA last year.
Sherrod identified the white farmer as Roger Spooner. CNN today interviewed his wife, Eloise Spooner, who said Sherrod had helped her and her husband save their farm.

USDA Appointee Forced To Resign After Edited Speech Released By Breitbart (VIDEO) | TPMMuckraker

why don't you try so hard to demand more proof against claims of racism of the tea party or any other rightie....

:confused:
What claims are you talking about? And why are making this about me, btw? Afraid to form your own opinion?

Some of her silly apologists here are making the argument that because she ended up helping these people,she is not a racist. That's just not valid. The fact she injected race at all makes her a blatant racist. What does race have to do with her doing her job? What if a white person decided to inject race into their decision process like she did? She gets no free pass me. If you make everything about race you are very likely a racist yourself. That has been my experience anyway. She is a racist and it's good to see her get the boot. Shame on her apologists here on this board.

Her "help" was an admitted CYA maneuvre. She knew the poor white farmer had been referred to her by somebody, and needed to be able to demonstrate that she performed some perfunctory act to deflect criticism is someone later asked her about it.

Big Government has not posted the full speech. The Douglas, Ga., company which filmed the banquet for the local NAACP has refused to release it to TPMmuckraker. The owner of the video company, Johnny Wilkerson, says he is sending the full video to the national NAACP, and hopes to post it in full once he gets permission.
Wilkerson also told us that the full speech is exactly as Sherrod described, and that she goes on to explain learning the error of her initial impression and helping the farmer keep his farm.
In 1986, at the time of the incident, Sherrod worked for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund, a job she held until she was appointed to the USDA last year.
Sherrod identified the white farmer as Roger Spooner. CNN today interviewed his wife, Eloise Spooner, who said Sherrod had helped her and her husband save their farm.

USDA Appointee Forced To Resign After Edited Speech Released By Breitbart (VIDEO) | TPMMuckraker

why don't you try so hard to demand more proof against claims of racism of the tea party or any other rightie....

What claims are you talking about? And why are making this about me, btw? Afraid to form your own opinion?

are you actually trying to claim you defend alleged racist comments about the tea party and the right as vigorously as you trying to defend this claim of racism? lmao

it is about YOU because your intellectual dishonesty is so transparent it makes your opinion on the matter near worthless....if you had the same tenacity with claims of racism on the right, you could be taken seriously, you don't

i've already formed my opinion about this and i'll say again, she committed racist action...why you have to go out of your way to voraciously defend her shows you're nothing but a two faced bigot

How and why did she get such a high ranking Government job in the first place? This question should be examined more. How does a blatant radical Leftist bigot get this job? Why would this Administration hand this job to her? Something to ponder i guess.

:lol:

rhe·tor·i·cal
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈtȯr-i-kəl, -ˈtär-\
Variant(s): also rhe·tor·ic \ri-ˈtȯr-ik, -ˈtär-\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>
2 a : given to rhetoric : grandiloquent b : verbal

— rhe·tor·i·cal·ly \-i-k(&#601;-)l&#275;\ adverb

are you actually trying to claim you defend alleged racist comments about the tea party and the right as vigorously as you trying to defend this claim of racism? lmao

it is about YOU because your intellectual dishonesty is so transparent it makes your opinion on the matter near worthless....if you had the same tenacity with claims of racism on the right, you could be taken seriously, you don't

i've already formed my opinion about this and i'll say again, she committed racist action...why you have to go out of your way to voraciously defend her shows you're nothing but a two faced bigot
I think you should back up your claims...I have no idea what you are talking about. You mean pictures of people at tea parties that hold up racist signs? Or that jackass from the other day that wrote the pretend letter to Lincoln.

Also, why do you automatically assume a black woman is being racist by watching an edited video of her speech?

:eusa_eh:

I read a comment somewhere today that applies quite well to this situation:

In the tea party, the racists (which are damned few) are found on the fringe.

In the NAACP, they are found on the stage using the microphone.

Last edited:

I think you should back up your claims...I have no idea what you are talking about. You mean pictures of people at tea parties that hold up racist signs? Or that jackass from the other day that wrote the pretend letter to Lincoln.

Also, why do you automatically assume a black woman is being racist by watching an edited video of her speech?

lmao....i thought you were a liar, but now you've just prove it...there is not a soul here who will say you defend claims of racism on the right as vigorously as you have defended the claims here...

there was enough in her speech to clearly show she used her position of power to deny him more help....you can't change that, she did it because he is white....

your faux outrage over claims of racism fall flat and show you're nothing but a hypocrite...you are always running around calling repubs racist, the tea party racist....yet you actually have the temerity to ask me to go and find your thousands of posts where you do this? :lol:

lmao....i thought you were a liar, but now you've just prove it...there is not a soul here who will say you defend claims of racism on the right as vigorously as you have defended the claims here...

there was enough in her speech to clearly show she used her position of power to deny him more help....you can't change that, she did it because he is white....

your faux outrage over claims of racism fall flat and show you're nothing but a hypocrite...you are always running around calling repubs racist, the tea party racist....yet you actually have the temerity to ask me to go and find your thousands of posts where you do this? :lol:
:rolleyes:

I can't help what other people say, Yurt. If you have a particular instance I'll address it. And yes I have defended claims of racism made against the right...like that ape cartoon made last year that some had a fit about.

Her speech appears to show that she was introspective enough to realize that her racist thoughts were wrong and she corrected them.

But that apparently matters nothing to anyone on the right. People are not allowed to grow.

I imagine the tape will show up. Big Government could release it now ... why won't they?

And no, it isn't hard to imagine that an older woman would have a hard time defending herself against these type of charges and decide to not even bother trying. I find the NAACP's role and the USDA's almost as bad as Big Government's. Almost.

Big DEMOCRATIC Gov won't release the tape???

Ravi? You've gone BEYOND just tip-toeing around the shit,

to SWIMMING in it.

For goodness sake, STFU!

What's that quote? Better to be THOUGHT a fool than to open your mouth and be KNOWN as one... Something like that. (Following in y'all's footsteps, I refuse to look up what YOU could so easily Google for your own self.)

Last edited:

If your story is true, why did she resign?

I imagine the tape will show up. Big Government could release it now ... why won't they?

And no, it isn't hard to imagine that an older woman would have a hard time defending herself against these type of charges and decide to not even bother trying. I find the NAACP's role and the USDA's almost as bad as Big Government's. Almost.

to SWIMMING in it.

For goodness sake, STFU!

What's that quote? Better to be THOUGHT a fool than to open mouth and be KNOWN as one... Something like that. (Following in y'all's footsteps, I refuse to look up what YOU could so easily Google for your own self.)

Best to be silent and to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

to SWIMMING in it.

For goodness sake, STFU!

What's that quote? Better to be THOUGHT a fool than to open mouth and be KNOWN as one... Something like that. (Following in y'all's footsteps, I refuse to look up what YOU could so easily Google for your own self.)
EARTH TO BUBBLEBRAIN: Big Government is a right wing blog and the same people that brought us the pimps that edited other video tapes to accuse black people of crimes.

Sherrod is claiming the White House forced her out without bothering to learn the truth.

Now that rings true.

The Department of Agriculture official who resigned Monday over a YouTube clip said the White House forced her out of her job without bothering to hear her side of the story.

She said a deputy undersecretary "harassed" her with warnings about the attention she was going to receive after the video surfaced showing her telling a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer in trouble.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's ex-Georgia director of Rural Development, said the video omitted key context but that the administration got scared.

"They were not interested in hearing the truth. No one wanted to hear the truth," she said in a television interview Tuesday morning. ...

FOXNews.com - Ex-Ag Official Says White House Forced Her Out Without Hearing &#39;Truth&#39; About Video

Just because she helped them in some way doesn't mean she isn't a racist. That argument is just very weak. Her apologists should be ashamed of themselves. Injecting race in this makes her a racist. It really is that simple in the end. Race should have absolutely nothing to do with her doing her job. She got booted and i'm happy about that but i still have to ask how she got such a high ranking job in the first place. She was a blatant radical Leftist racist. This should be looked into further.

to SWIMMING in it.

For goodness sake, STFU!

EARTH TO BUBBLEBRAIN: Big Government is a right wing blog and the same people that brought us the pimps that edited other video tapes to accuse black people of crimes.

Black people?
Why did you throw in the race of the people that were being filmed?
They were Acorn employees.

I find that very troubling that you referred to them as black people.

If your story is true, why did she resign?
I don't know. Maybe she was just a little shaken yesterday, you think? She's not a politician.

Forum List

Back