Bwahahahaha! USDA official resigns amid race controversy

And I must believe that if her words following the cut off were vindicating, they would have been released and she would not have resigned.

And to think that there was no one else filming her speech other than some right wing nut trying to expose someone for what they are not, then you are being naive or intentionally ignoring logic.
I imagine the tape will show up. Big Government could release it now ... why won't they?

And no, it isn't hard to imagine that an older woman would have a hard time defending herself against these type of charges and decide to not even bother trying. I find the NAACP's role and the USDA's almost as bad as Big Government's. Almost.

She would have absolutely no problem defending herself if the tape continued with her words showing how she "learned" from her racism 24 years ago...or grew from it...or hated herself for it...or whatever.

Believe m, if that fium showed anything like that whatseover and it was spliced out, the left would have released it in an effort to FURTHER discredit the right.

I believe there was nothing but more examples of racism further in the film...or nothing at all.
I doubt she is in possession of the tape. It looks like only Big Government has a copy of it and for some reason they are not releasing the uncut version.

What a shame she has to resign for talking about a story that took place 24 years ago and how it made her a better person.

So there's a statute of limitations on RACISM now?

Good.

Maybe now Holder will quit trying to punish whites for dying by the hundreds of thousands to end slavery during the Civil War.

She'll be on Fox News in a minute. I'm willing to listen to her explanation. From the tape she does appear to be a typical radical Leftist racist though. I'll listen to what she has to say and then make a more informed decision.

The NAACP smells like a rose on this one, they supported her resignation citing 0 tollerance. Way to man up!!!

Four months after the banquet where the remarks took place.

Way to man up!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I wonder if their support of her resignation has anything to do with this resignation taking place right after the NAACP agreed on a resolution to charge the tea party as being racist tolerant?

I would say yes, otherwise they might tend to support her as though wrong it wasn't horribly aggregious. They are protecting thier image imo.

If the NAACP gets a free pass from the usual suspects,this Administration does not. Why did they give her such a high ranking Government job? Shame on them.

I would say yes, otherwise they might tend to support her as though wrong it wasn't horribly aggregious. They are protecting thier image imo.

Actually, becuase of WHO she is and WHO supported her appointment to her position.....what she did should have been treated as more than just "a few poorly chosen words".

Big Government has not posted the full speech. The Douglas, Ga., company which filmed the banquet for the local NAACP has refused to release it to TPMmuckraker. The owner of the video company, Johnny Wilkerson, says he is sending the full video to the national NAACP, and hopes to post it in full once he gets permission.
Wilkerson also told us that the full speech is exactly as Sherrod described, and that she goes on to explain learning the error of her initial impression and helping the farmer keep his farm.
In 1986, at the time of the incident, Sherrod worked for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund, a job she held until she was appointed to the USDA last year.
Sherrod identified the white farmer as Roger Spooner. CNN today interviewed his wife, Eloise Spooner, who said Sherrod had helped her and her husband save their farm.

USDA Appointee Forced To Resign After Edited Speech Released By Breitbart (VIDEO) | TPMMuckraker

The NAACP smells like a rose on this one, they supported her resignation citing 0 tollerance. Way to man up!!!

Four months after the banquet where the remarks took place.

Way to man up!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I wonder if their support of her resignation has anything to do with this resignation taking place right after the NAACP agreed on a resolution to charge the tea party as being racist tolerant?

Of course, it's a politically calculated move.

How and why did she get such a high ranking Government job in the first place? This question should be examined more. How does a blatant radical Leftist bigot get this job? Why would this Administration hand this job to her? Something to ponder i guess.

How and why did she get such a high ranking Government job in the first place? This question should be examined more. How does a blatant radical Leftist bigot get this job? Why would this Administration hand this job to her? Something to ponder i guess.

People like this have been infiltrated thoughout the entire government. This has been going on for years and years. It is not limited to USDA.

You know, the truth is, I don't believe Sherrod is a racist. At least not now. Twenty four years ago, based on her own words, I'd have to say that yes, back then she was. Certainly her own description of her actions indicate a certain level of bigotry, regardless of the outcome of the farmers case. This cannot be denied. But is she a bigot today? I seriously doubt it.

Do I believe she should have been forced to resign? Not especially. Certainly not without the powers that be taking a serious look at her track record. From what I've been able to glean from news reports today, based on Sherrod's comments regarding her resignation, she was forced to resign because of fear. Fear in the administration about how it looks. According to one report, Sherrod says she was told to resign because her comments would "be on Beck tomorrow." One should never allow fear to dictate their reactions to incidents such as this. By all accounts this woman was good at her job and there have been no complaints of bias during her tenure at the USDA, and therefore no reason for Vilsack to invoke their "zero tolerance" policy.

The real issue in the story, in my opinion and apparently important to Benjamin Jealous, is the reaction of those in attendence. Members of the NAACP. An organization that recently voted to label the Tea Party as "racist." It seems as if some in attendence reacted in a positive fashion to Sherrod's tale of not using her "full force" to help a white farmer. This type of reaction can be construed in no other way than bigoted.

Do I believe the NACCP is a racist organization? No. But I also do not believe that the Tea Party is a racist organization. Are there racist in the Tea Party? Without a doubt, yes. Are there racists in the NAACP? Without a doubt, yes. But the same can be said of any group with a large membership roll. The Democrat party, the Republican party, the NAACP, the Tea Party, the YMCA, AAA, take your pick. You'll find racism and bigotry everywhere. That doesn't mean everyone in a particular group is bad...

The fact she injected race into this makes her a racist. Just imagine a white person injecting race this way. She had no business or right to make things about race. She should be ashamed of herself. I don't care that she ended up helping these people. She is still a racist. If you make everything about race,you are very likely a racist yourself. We have a couple of these types on this very board. She had a job to do. She shouldn't have injected race into her decision process. She is a racist. Case closed.

You know, the truth is, I don't believe Sherrod is a racist. At least not now. Twenty four years ago, based on her own words, I'd have to say that yes, back then she was. Certainly her own description of her actions indicate a certain level of bigotry, regardless of the outcome of the farmers case. This cannot be denied. But is she a bigot today? I seriously doubt it.

Do I believe she should have been forced to resign? Not especially. Certainly not without the powers that be taking a serious look at her track record. From what I've been able to glean from news reports today, based on Sherrod's comments regarding her resignation, she was forced to resign because of fear. Fear in the administration about how it looks. According to one report, Sherrod says she was told to resign because her comments would "be on Beck tomorrow." One should never allow fear to dictate their reactions to incidents such as this. By all accounts this woman was good at her job and there have been no complaints of bias during her tenure at the USDA, and therefore no reason for Vilsack to invoke their "zero tolerance" policy.

The real issue in the story, in my opinion and apparently important to Benjamin Jealous, is the reaction of those in attendence. Members of the NAACP. An organization that recently voted to label the Tea Party as "racist." It seems as if some in attendence reacted in a positive fashion to Sherrod's tale of not using her "full force" to help a white farmer. This type of reaction can be construed in no other way than bigoted.

Do I believe the NACCP is a racist organization? No. But I also do not believe that the Tea Party is a racist organization. Are there racist in the Tea Party? Without a doubt, yes. Are there racists in the NAACP? Without a doubt, yes. But the same can be said of any group with a large membership roll. The Democrat party, the Republican party, the NAACP, the Tea Party, the YMCA, AAA, take your pick. You'll find racism and bigotry everywhere. That doesn't mean everyone in a particular group is bad...
Have you ever been to a Southern Baptist church service? There is a lot of yepping and amening and clapping and EMPATHIZING when people admit their mistakes.

I say we demand to see the entire video. And if what I suspect is true the one's that should lose their jobs are Vislack and Jealous.

why is it ravi and tm won't so readily accept this racism, yet accept all sorts of racism charges against any on the right with FAR LESS proof?

:eusa_think:

Big Government has not posted the full speech. The Douglas, Ga., company which filmed the banquet for the local NAACP has refused to release it to TPMmuckraker. The owner of the video company, Johnny Wilkerson, says he is sending the full video to the national NAACP, and hopes to post it in full once he gets permission.
Wilkerson also told us that the full speech is exactly as Sherrod described, and that she goes on to explain learning the error of her initial impression and helping the farmer keep his farm.
In 1986, at the time of the incident, Sherrod worked for the Federation of Southern Cooperative/Land Assistance Fund, a job she held until she was appointed to the USDA last year.
Sherrod identified the white farmer as Roger Spooner. CNN today interviewed his wife, Eloise Spooner, who said Sherrod had helped her and her husband save their farm.

USDA Appointee Forced To Resign After Edited Speech Released By Breitbart (VIDEO) | TPMMuckraker

why don't you try so hard to demand more proof against claims of racism of the tea party or any other rightie....

:confused:

Some of her silly apologists here are making the argument that because she ended up helping these people,she is not a racist. That's just not valid. The fact she injected race at all makes her a blatant racist. What does race have to do with her doing her job? What if a white person decided to inject race into their decision process like she did? She gets no free pass me. If you make everything about race you are very likely a racist yourself. That has been my experience anyway. She is a racist and it's good to see her get the boot. Shame on her apologists here on this board.

How and why did she get such a high ranking Government job in the first place?

Because she is a politician and she says the right things at the right time, despite having undiscovered improprieties in her past.

If every politician or government appointee was excluded from their job because of ghosts in their past, we would have no politicians or government appointees.

Forum List

Back