BWAHAHAHAA! Unions Lose in Wis!

Anyone who works for a paycheck owes a debt of gratitude to the Labor Movement.

But some are just too stupid to realize it.

Yeah, the labor movement of 70 years ago. The labor movement of today is nothing but a plague, but some are just too stupid to realize it.

Which is by the way, what was said of the labor movement 70 years ago.

Everything old is new again. :clap2:

Let me get this straight:

The voters in Wisconsin garnered enough support for six recall elections and defeated two incumbents and almost defeated the third to change the balance of power in the Senate and you want to act like this was a failure?

These were recall elections. That means the voters were sufficiently pissed off to demand special elections for 6 senators. That unto itself says something.

If I were Walker, I'd be nervous right about now. If I were the Wisconsin GOP, I'd be nervous right about now.

I suppose you could say this was a "failure" if this was the last election in Wisconsin. That is not the case.

This is all about winning football games.

Dontcha know that?

Hi, you have received -2 reputation points from OohPooPahDoo.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
fuck uoff

Regards,
OohPooPahDoo

Wow. That was about as effective as the recall in Wisconsin was to overturn the MAJORITY THE REPUBLICANS STILL HAVE IN WISCONSIN.

BWAHAHAHAA!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Feel the heartbreak!

see, this is why i think you guys are nuts. why would you cheer to see working people screwed?

and why would you celebrate losing two seats?

:cuckoo:

BECAUSE YOU IDIOT LIBS ACT LIKE UNION PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WORK!

How ARROGANTLY STUPID CAN YOU BE.

It's insulting to everyone else out there THAT WORK FOR A LIVING.

And Unions are not there for people to work.

THEY ARE THERE FOR PEOPLE NOT TO WORK.

My daughter learned that at 16, when she worked a Union job at a grocery store.

She came home frusted because she worked so hard, yet people who gold bricked all the time got raises just the same.

"It's like they are paid NOT TO WORK."

And I told her, "Welcome to working for a Union, honey."

I'm glad she had that job, because she learned a valuable lesson.

But, I'M SICK of liberals calling Unions "working people."

IT'S AN INSULT TO EVERY PERSON WHO WORKS FOR A LIVING THAT IS NOT UNION.

I got news for you.

THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WORKING WITHOUT A UNION THAN ARE WORKING FOR A UNION.

Guess what? THEY WORK TOO, DAMMIT!
The mistake you're making is to allow what appears to be one (and possibly more than one) poorly managed union to poison your perception of all unions.

What you've said here suggests you are a working person with a non-union job you are satisfied with. If this is true it is very likely your boss wants to keep his employees happy because he wishes to avoid them bringing in a union. This happens to be the case with many non-union jobs and what it means is you have indirectly benefited from the union movement. It's too bad you're not aware of it.

You should spend some time researching the conditions that led to the union movement in America. If you don't wish to read about it I recommend the following movies to you:

Harlan County USA
The Molly McGuires
On The Waterfront
Norma Rae
Matewan
Hoffa

Unions are far from perfect. Some of them have been corrupted and some are just poorly managed. But the worst thing we can do is to allow the few negative examples to promote tossing out the baby with the bath-water.

Just keep in mind that if you are a working person who leads a middle-class existence, whether directly or indirectly you have the union movement to thank for that. Because without it you would be working your butt off for peasant wages, possibly under a boss who treats you like dirt.

Your daughter's complaint is the union conditions deprive her of demonstrating her willingness to do her job to the best of her abilities and to derive appropriate benefit therefrom. What she should understand is, in spite of the poorly managed union she's described, were it not for the unions she would be sweating just to keep her job and forget about appreciation from the boss.

The Wisconsin defeat is a bitter disappointment which I hope is not a harbinger of things to come. History has a way of repeating itself and if that happens in this situation I promise you're not going to like it.

Let me get this straight:

The voters in Wisconsin garnered enough support for six recall elections and defeated two incumbents and almost defeated the third to change the balance of power in the Senate and you want to act like this was a failure?

These were recall elections. That means the voters were sufficiently pissed off to demand special elections for 6 senators. That unto itself says something.

If I were Walker, I'd be nervous right about now. If I were the Wisconsin GOP, I'd be nervous right about now.

I suppose you could say this was a "failure" if this was the last election in Wisconsin. That is not the case.

This is all about winning football games.

Dontcha know that?

And the union backed Dems lost 4 out of 6 of those games.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back