Buzzword of the day

modman

Jan 26, 2004
Upstate, NY
Did anyone else notice the phrase being thrown around along the lines of "intentions of having weapons of mass destruction programs"? I could have sworn I heard inspector Kay say something to that effect in front of the panel the other day. Do you suppose the administration passed this on to Kay? It was kind of weird. He was talking right along and without being asked yet (and I was waiting for Kennedy to ask the question) Kay blurts out that there was no pressure from anyone. Do you think Kay was pressured by the administration? I feel he may have ended up lying next to Dr. Kelly if he had not made sure to utter those words. Both the dems and the r's seemed a little frustrated by Kay's answers. Kay is a very smart man but that effort he made to remark on weather or not he was pressured seemed a little early in the going as he must have assumed it was going to be asked and talked about. Is Kay to be trusted? Is he holding back?

Do you trust him when he say's the intel was likely faulty? Do you trust him when he say's they haven't found any WMD?

Why is there always some conspiracy involved when the Bush haters don't hear what they want?

I caught that as well, modman. Many don't have a knowledge, much less a recollection, of the true evil intent of the BFEE, or Bush Family Evil Empire. They wouldn't recognise at all what you and I both saw in that hearing. Nonetheless, Dr. Kay's remarks were plenty revealing as to what we have and what we're up against. It's sad that he somehow felt compelled to resign his chief inspector position.

Like I said, jeff, many don't have any knowledge much less recollection about them. From Prescott Bush's involvement with the Nazi's, to GHWB's involvement with the death squads of the Iran Contra era to the present oil hungry dilemma of GWB, I think you owe yourself an education. I won't insult your intelligence by offering links here but I encourage you to do a little research on your own. There was a time that I scoffed as well. Maybe we can discuss the involvement of Neil Bush in the '80's and '90's S&L scandals at a later time?

I love it. First the president is so stupid - an IQ of 92 no less - that a log had more intellectual capacity. Now, he's the glorious mastermind of a sinister plot encompassing the CIA, FBI, several nations, the entire congress and David Kay.

Wow, for only 92 IQ points we sure are getting our bang for our buck!

I love it!!!!!! GWB with an IQ of 92 "no less"!!!!!!!! Actually, I think it IS less but whatever you think!!!!!!! I think GWB is an embarassment to his father and grandfather. His propensities for manipulation and lack of intellect far exceed anything before demonstrated within the Bush family. It's just a damn good thing their handlers are still in charge of the "business" interests don't you think? Daddy Bush couldn't psychologically handle the food he was being fed in Japan and puked on the prime minister's lap. Jr. Bush can't psychologically handle anything beyond script and endless manipulation and pukes on the world.

Thanks Moi, you've exceeded your knowledge with that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, jimnyc, that was a repetition that I heard from Moi, but I think it was overestimated. Based upon the academic and professional publications produced by GWB I think the number is clearly based upon his father's accomplishments in a very seemingly complimentary way. I don't have a very high IQ either but I'm not so presumptious as to run for the Presidency of the United States of America and I certainly would not be manipulated to the point that I might achieve the Peter Principle. Did I say incompetent? I think so.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
No, jimnyc, that was a repetition that I heard from Moi, but I think it was overestimated. Based upon the academic and professional publications produced by GWB I think the number is clearly based upon his father's accomplishments in a very seemingly complimentary way. I don't have a very high IQ either but I'm not so presumptious as to run for the Presidency of the United States of America and I certainly would not be manipulated to the point that I might achieve the Peter Principle. Did I say incompetent? I think so.
You need the help of several competent psychiatrists if you think that someone's IQ can be ascertained by looking at random writings or speeches and someone's intelligence quotient is the only relevant factor in determining that person's worth or apptitude to be president.

Jimmy Carter is one of the "smartest" people on earth...has a documented high IQ and he was one of the most ineffective, indecisive leaders on the planet. Yet he is also one of the most kind, thoughtful, humble and worthwhile people on it too. Go figure!

Why was Jimmy Carter elected to begin with, Moi? The apparent ineffectiveness of Gerald Ford and the crookedness as demonstrated by Richard Nixon coupled with the economic disaster as the economic pendulum swung were Jimmy's ticket to the White House.

The economy was definitely improving towards the end of 1980 but it was ignored due to all the press of the Iranian crisis. It was time for change. Ronald reagan provided that avenue. His economic changes only slowed the growth that Jimmy Carter started but he was given credit anyway for the little growth that was achieved under his first Administration.

RR did make us feel better about being Americans from the aftermath of Viet Nam but his economic policies began the exodus of American jobs from our shores and introduced us to the globalization that seems so encumbering upon us today. I don't condemn globalization but I do condemn gambling the livelihoods of Americans on anything less than a level playing field. That's a long subject and probably very boring for you.

GHWB promised no new taxes, it's evident he lied about that, and he promised us improvement in American infrastructure. He lied about that as well. I won't comment, at this time, about his decision to get us involved in a Middle Eastern dispute that had nothing to do with us other than business concerns but it can be certainly ascertained here that I did not support him in 1992.

Whatever, I'm glad that you mention Jimmy Carter in such a positive light although I regret that you take all that back by claiming him to be ineffective and indecisive. I think the opposite is true. I think shenanigans with the Iranians by the Republicans was the demise of Jimmy Carter in 1980 and the evidence is available for anyone interested to obtain. I didn't come here to preach.

I could go on, but this is a message board, I don't want to bore you or use up precious bandwidth explaining or describing events or facts that are commonly available elsewhere.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Do you trust him when he say's the intel was likely faulty? Do you trust him when he say's they haven't found any WMD?

Why is there always some conspiracy involved when the Bush haters don't hear what they want?

I think this is why both sides seemed frustrated at his answers. The repubs obviously don't like the fact that he is saying what he is saying, and the dems are'nt too happy he is'nt saying more. I think he is telling the truth, but I think there is more to be told...

wow....you don't really believe that do you? Tell me that was a sarcastic remark.

Is it really any different than figNEWTon Gingrich giving Reagan the credit for the economic rise 3 years into Clintons first term?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Why was Jimmy Carter elected to begin with, Moi? The apparent ineffectiveness of Gerald Ford and the crookedness as demonstrated by Richard Nixon coupled with the economic disaster as the economic pendulum swung were Jimmy's ticket to the White House.

Whatever, I'm glad that you mention Jimmy Carter in such a positive light although I regret that you take all that back by claiming him to be ineffective and indecisive. I think the opposite is true. I think shenanigans with the Iranians by the Republicans was the demise of Jimmy Carter in 1980 and the evidence is available for anyone interested to obtain. I didn't come here to preach.

Agreed. Ford was a twit and Nixon got caught. That fact doesn't obscure the truth about Carter's complete ineffectiveness in leading his country. He did nothing for the economy and do you really think that the hostages would have been let go if Ronnie hadn't been on his way in.

However, the post I made was that although I didn't think Carter was a good president he still had a high IQ. The two don't have to go together. Secondly, I don't think I'm taking away from Carter at all when I say that the wasn't a good president. It's not a religious pronouncement about his character. I'm not god smiting him down and relegating him to hell. I just think he sucked. As far as he as a human being goes, I have the integrity to admit that he is a good person. I don't have to hate someone or ridicule them or even paint the with the evil/liar brush just because I don't think they did their jobs well.

Separates me from the animals.

Forum List

Back