Buying the War.

Well the white house had its usuall excuse about the banner, saying "the navy put that banner up".

In the presidents most recent speach, he did not say victory once. This leads me to believe that we are not in this war to win, we are in it to not lose.

I cant watch the video right now but I assume that its about how the media backed the white house on everything related to foreign policy.
This is not a surprise to me because in my opinion, the media wants ratings. It always has and always will. The world could be ending, and fox would cover it to the last second.

What that leads me to believe is after the intel failure of 9-11, the United States was in a shocked state, and after the white house was done trying to unify everyone with american flags (while the media enjoyed high ratings), it was in more of an angry, blame game state. Therefore the media would move to capitolize on this anger by portraying president Bush as "tough on terrorism".

That led to the mind games of Donald Rumsfeld, who basically ignored intel once again just as Condelezza Rice did before the 9-11 attacks.

So what does it all mean? Well after weapons inspectors investigated Iraq and found nothing, Bush (backed by the media) conviced the entire nation that they were hiding them from inspectors. He pulls the plug on the inpections and invades Iraq, much to the delight of the media (who enjoyed high ratings once again)

Now, the media has turned away from Bush, because America has turned away from president BUSH (America=ratings) for screwing up Iraq, but you did not see any objection to the invasion on any media outlet before did you? All you saw was the media spoon feeding more and more reasons to get revenge on anyone.

The easily fooled american people wanted revenge, but they did not want revenge on random countrys. Rumsfeld and Cheney closed the gap between random country and Terrorist threat. And the only people who really gained from all of this right from the beginning was, the media.

IMO

Well the white house had its usuall excuse about the banner, saying "the navy put that banner up".

In the presidents most recent speach, he did not say victory once. This leads me to believe that we are not in this war to win, we are in it to not lose.

I cant watch the video right now but I assume that its about how the media backed the white house on everything related to foreign policy.
This is not a surprise to me because in my opinion, the media wants ratings. It always has and always will. The world could be ending, and fox would cover it to the last second.

What that leads me to believe is after the intel failure of 9-11, the United States was in a shocked state, and after the white house was done trying to unify everyone with american flags (while the media enjoyed high ratings), it was in more of an angry, blame game state. Therefore the media would move to capitolize on this anger by portraying president Bush as "tough on terrorism".

That led to the mind games of Donald Rumsfeld, who basically ignored intel once again just as Condelezza Rice did before the 9-11 attacks.

So what does it all mean? Well after weapons inspectors investigated Iraq and found nothing, Bush (backed by the media) conviced the entire nation that they were hiding them from inspectors. He pulls the plug on the inpections and invades Iraq, much to the delight of the media (who enjoyed high ratings once again)

Now, the media has turned away from Bush, because America has turned away from president BUSH (America=ratings) for screwing up Iraq, but you did not see any objection to the invasion on any media outlet before did you? All you saw was the media spoon feeding more and more reasons to get revenge on anyone.

The easily fooled american people wanted revenge, but they did not want revenge on random countrys. Rumsfeld and Cheney closed the gap between random country and Terrorist threat. And the only people who really gained from all of this right from the beginning was, the media.

IMO

Try again. Saddam Hussein is ON RECORD at the UN as being in posession of weapons grade chemicals and bio agents that are TO THIS DAY unaccounted for.

He used chemical weapons on Iran and on the Kurds.

Saddam led weapons inspectors on a 13 year wild goose chase, and was nailed AFTER the first Gulf War (93) with a bio lab which was justification enough to resume hostilities then and there.

So claiming he didn't have WMD's is either wilfull blindness or lying. Either way it's for nothing more than partisan politics and trying to say the elephant shit in your yard wasn't dumped by an elephant.

Try again. Saddam Hussein is ON RECORD at the UN as being in posession of weapons grade chemicals and bio agents that are TO THIS DAY unaccounted for.

Saddam led weapons inspectors on a 13 year wild goose chase, and was nailed AFTER the first Gulf War (93) with a bio lab which was justification enough to resume hostilities then and there.

So claiming he didn't have WMD's is either wilfull blindness or lying. Either way it's for nothing more than partisan politics and trying to say the elephant shit in your yard wasn't dumped by an elephant.

Dems have been doing that for five years

Here is what Dems said about Saddam, WMD's, and the threat he is was with them

http://basilsblog.net/2006/12/08/if-bush-lied-about-wmd-so-did-these-democrats/

Does it really matter... Even if WMD's were found, photographed, documented,sorted, and put on display on the Whitehouse lawn.
The Dems would claim that somehow George Bush himself hid them up his ass snuck into Baghdad, then shot them out into sealed canisters and placed them in a secret room in the labyrinth under Sadams palace previous to the invasion...

Does it really matter... Even if WMD's were found, photographed, documented,sorted, and put on display on the Whitehouse lawn.
The Dems would claim that somehow George Bush himself hid them up his ass snuck into Baghdad, then shot them out into sealed canisters and placed them in a secret room in the labyrinth under Sadams palace previous to the invasion...

and the WMD's were built by Haliburton

Did either of you actully watch the show?

Or ar you just going to dismiss it a Liberal media garbage?

and continue on your ignorant way.

Did either of you actully watch the show?

Or ar you just going to dismiss it a Liberal media garbage?

and continue on your ignorant way.

Did you watch Glenn Beck last night on CNN? Or did you blow it off as more Right Wing Media garbage?

Unfortunately this one aired while we had our power outage. I was going to DVR it and watch at leisure.

Chemical weapons are not weapons of mass destruction. Do you know what MASS destruction means? Everyone has weapons of some sort, you dont see us invading turkey, or syria. Chemical weapons are not nuclear. The inspectors knew he had chemical weapons and even found chemical weapons, but not enough were found to label him a serious threat. Do your homework

Did you watch Glenn Beck last night on CNN? Or did you blow it off as more Right Wing Media garbage?

Unfortunately this one aired while we had our power outage. I was going to DVR it and watch at leisure.

Glenn Beck on Global Warming?

I know the stance.

And we have discussed this and I have ceded this point to you in the past, there is more fiction than fact in Gores movie.

Its Propaganda. Thats how the government rallies the populous.

The amazing thing to me is that there are voices like Glenn Becks and Bill Orielly who Loudly speak out against Global warming.

But they never said a word speaking out about The Invasion of Iraq?

The strange thing to me is why hasnt Beck turned the same arguement against Gore toward the Government and News media and how it used the same tactics for the invasion of Iraq?

The reasons are detailed in the show "Buying the War"

Attacking Global warming doesnt hurt business, it doesnt affect Advertisers, it doesnt matter to global corporations or the government, no one is getting offended at finding the Truth behind the Global warming myth.

But from 2001 to 2003 no one was looking for the truth of what the government was saying about Iraq, Saddam and Al Qaida and invading.

And this show by Moyers provides evidence of that.

Watch it and discuss it with me.

Glen Beck is worse than Bill O. At least Bill O stands by his positions and explains why, Glen Beck just jumps on any bandwagon and rides the ratings wave. He acts like he knows everything, and the way he explains an issue is like he invented the word issue.

But from 2001 to 2003 no one was looking for the truth of what the government was saying about Iraq, Saddam and Al Qaida and invading.

And this show by Moyers provides evidence of that.

Watch it and discuss it with me.

His show was pretty darned good though. And it isn't that I don't want to watch it, it is that I have to wait until it re-airs...

Glen Beck is worse than Bill O. At least Bill O stands by his positions and explains why, Glen Beck just jumps on any bandwagon and rides the ratings wave. He acts like he knows everything, and the way he explains an issue is like he invented the word issue.

And this tells me that you didn't watch the show. Not only did he explain why he thought what he did, he backed it up with interviews with people who had the cred to know what they were talking about, in fact many of them wrote one or two pages that Gore takes out of context in his movie.

I like them both for different reasons, but I also like Olbermann. Instead of just reading about the man and just gathering talking points on him watch the show.

What is important no terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11

Liberals blame Bush for Katrina, which was an act of God, but don't give him credit for preventing terror attacks in the U.S.

What is important no terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11

Bush is not responsible for this. The terrorists are the ones who will determine when they strike next.

All Bush is responsible for is ensuring that the question no longer is "if" but when.

Liberals blame Bush for Katrina, which was an act of God, but don't give him credit for preventing terror attacks in the U.S.

That's more bullshit Shawn Hannity propaganda!

Nobody blames Bush for the hurricane. What we blame him for is telling us ad naseum for years that he's actually done things to make our country safer and more "secure" in the event of things like natural disasters and other emergencies and then when we needed him to walk his talk he got caught with his pants down and his head up his ass!

Forum List

Back