Buying a Chrysler - Advice Please

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
So Chrysler's gone bankrupt and they're closing a whole bunch of dealerships....

I'm gonna buy a Town & Country this weekend...

What kinda deal do you think I could get?

i bought a saturn a couple of months a 08 model paid less than 12k for it.

you got ripped off ...

DUDE ! if there are any sales going on you gotta get a dodge charger SRT8 or a dodge challenger SRT8 ...

They just released the challenger. If they discontinue it you will have a unique collectible car ...

I think the only deal they're offering now is the sales tax break on your 09 income tax return. They've slowed/stopped production to clear out their inventory... so just because demand is low, supply is too so the prices aren't as low as they were a few months ago.

i bought a saturn a couple of months a 08 model paid less than 12k for it.

you got ripped off ...

DUDE ! if there are any sales going on you gotta get a dodge charger SRT8 or a dodge challenger SRT8 ...

They just released the challenger. If they discontinue it you will have a unique collectible car ...

the same car i got they are now selling for 15 to 16k. like the last poster said cars right now aren't as cheap as they were a couple of months ago.

I only buy Japanese

with the exception of a few cars like Corvette Z06 i wouldn't buy American either under normal circumstances but if its 1/2 off - why not ?

I can also get a great deal on cat food (below wholesale prices), but that would be too expensive for me, since I don't have a cat.

get over yourself Xotoxi. japanese cars suck ( except GT-R ). Japanese cars are for cheap people. American cars are for stupid people.

one word - BMW !

that said, Dodge Challenger SRT8 is HOT ! i would get one in black or orange. may not handle like a BMW but is certainly a looker !

park a Challenger next to a Lexus and see which car gets more attention ...

everybody and their grandma has a Lexus ( or Infinity if you live in Brooklyn ) ...

Japanese cars are best for the money - there is no doubt about THAT. that's why everybody has them - and that's why they are NOT COOL.

Last edited:
Dodges are crap. Daddy says never buy a Dodge product built before 73, and I believe him.

Dodges are crap. Daddy says never buy a Dodge product built before 73, and I believe him.

your daddy probably buys cars to DRIVE them.

here in Brooklyn we buy cars to park them in front of the lounge ...

we take the subway to work :)

it's all about STYLE ...

besides - I AM YOUR DADDY ! better recognize ...

wait a minute - BEFORE 73 or AFTER 73 ?

i have always thought dodges were freaking ugly.

most cheap-shit cars are ugly ...

you don't like the Challenger ?

dodge-challenger-srt8-27.jpg

it looks almost like the real deal:

2009-bmw-750li-side.jpg

Last edited:
So Chrysler's gone bankrupt and they're closing a whole bunch of dealerships....

I'm gonna buy a Town & Country this weekend...

What kinda deal do you think I could get?

offer them 100, chrysler suck a big fat one. I am a liberal but american car companies always make me rethink unions.

Last edited:
I have a Ford Ranger I'm reasonably satisfied with. It gets 25 -31 MPG and has had no problems.

And everyone I know who has one is likewise happy with theirs.

So I noted with some amusment that Ford is discontinuing that model.

Forum List

Back