Buyer's Remorse in NJ: Majority against reelecting Chris Christie

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Christie Loses Support for Second Term - Bloomberg

More than half of New Jersey residents say they wouldn’t back Governor Chris Christie for a second term, disapproving of his choices on a range of policy and personal issues, from killing a commuter tunnel to using a state-police helicopter to attend his son’s baseball game.

Teachers, whose union Christie has targeted on tenure, pay and benefits, received a far higher favorable rating, 76 percent, than the first-term Republican. His favorable rating was 43 percent, according to a Bloomberg New Jersey poll conducted June 20-23.

The governor was viewed unfavorably by 53 percent of those polled. The results were in line with recent surveys that showed growing disapproval of Christie. In the Bloomberg poll, 45 percent said their view of him has worsened since he took office in January 2010. Just 25 percent said their opinion of him has improved, while 29 percent said it hasn’t changed.

Christie often says he was elected to do a tough job, and he is governing as though he won’t win re-election. In the November 2013 election for governor, 51 percent of respondents indicated they wouldn’t pick Christie -- a turnaround for a group that said it voted for him in 2009 over Democratic incumbent Jon Corzine, 37 percent to 31 percent.

It could be worse for Christie, could be polling Rick Scott numbers.

Buyers remorse or inability to face the reality of what has to be done? Seems people would rather see platitudes and stick their heads back in the sand than to face facts.
From sheep to ostrich nearly overnight. I guess the public at large has been mislead to believe its no big deal for so long, now they are incapable of facing reality.

Christie Loses Support for Second Term - Bloomberg

More than half of New Jersey residents say they wouldn’t back Governor Chris Christie for a second term, disapproving of his choices on a range of policy and personal issues, from killing a commuter tunnel to using a state-police helicopter to attend his son’s baseball game.

Teachers, whose union Christie has targeted on tenure, pay and benefits, received a far higher favorable rating, 76 percent, than the first-term Republican. His favorable rating was 43 percent, according to a Bloomberg New Jersey poll conducted June 20-23.

The governor was viewed unfavorably by 53 percent of those polled. The results were in line with recent surveys that showed growing disapproval of Christie. In the Bloomberg poll, 45 percent said their view of him has worsened since he took office in January 2010. Just 25 percent said their opinion of him has improved, while 29 percent said it hasn’t changed.

Christie often says he was elected to do a tough job, and he is governing as though he won’t win re-election. In the November 2013 election for governor, 51 percent of respondents indicated they wouldn’t pick Christie -- a turnaround for a group that said it voted for him in 2009 over Democratic incumbent Jon Corzine, 37 percent to 31 percent.

It could be worse for Christie, could be polling Rick Scott numbers.

He is getting quite surly. Not a good look for a fat man, aren't they supposed to be jolly, like Santa Claus? :)

Push polls are a dime a dozen. Check the demographics and call selected voters (and non voters) and you can get any result the client pays for. I bet Christie could beat Obama in double digets today if he wanted to run for the big one.

Buyers remorse or inability to face the reality of what has to be done? Seems people would rather see platitudes and stick their heads back in the sand than to face facts.
From sheep to ostrich nearly overnight. I guess the public at large has been mislead to believe its no big deal for so long, now they are incapable of facing reality.

Yup!
Hammer meet nail.
No magic genie's lamp for New Jersey voters.
Now only 43 other states to go facing life-sucking deficits. :eek:

NJ taxpayers hate all their governors. The givers don't think they do enough to lower taxes, the takers think they aren't getting their share of the pie. This is how we roll.

But he does need to tone down the rhetoric. That might work great for a prosecutor, but not for a politician. People from out of state may enjoy his fiery sound bites, but for us residents, it's getting old. Believe it or not, people of both parties, have high praise for our teachers and cops. He's out of touch with that issue.

But he does need to tone down the rhetoric. That might work great for a prosecutor, but not for a politician. People from out of state may enjoy his fiery sound bites, but for us residents, it's getting old. Believe it or not, people of both parties, have high praise for our teachers and cops. He's out of touch with that issue.

You mean acting like a complete douchebag isn't winning him friends in NJ? Big surprise. :lol:

Fiery soundbites does not a douchebag make. If property taxes go down and employment goes up, he will be re-elected. If they don't, he won't. I wish for the former, but I'm not overly optimistic.

As stupid as the moron democrats living in NJ are they will vote him out and immediately increase the debt by tenfold.. it's what they dew.

You mean acting like a complete douchebag isn't winning him friends in NJ? Big surprise. :lol:

Yep, he was a complete douchebag when he told democrats " i won, get over it " and when he told democrats they can only ride along in the backseat......

Fiery soundbites does not a douchebag make. If property taxes go down and employment goes up, he will be re-elected. If they don't, he won't. I wish for the former, but I'm not overly optimistic.

I'm referring to him being out-of-touch on issues and acting like a blowhard when some woman asked about his kids going to private school.

Push polls are a dime a dozen. Check the demographics and call selected voters (and non voters) and you can get any result the client pays for. I bet Christie could beat Obama in double digets today if he wanted to run for the big one.

Yeah they surveyed union bosses and these are the results.
Things take a while to turn around. Check back in a year or two and let's see.

This is Christie's conundrum. He just signed the pension reform bill, which requires public employees to contribute more to the pension. But the bill also says the state and municipalities must contribute their portion as well, which they haven't done in over a decade. This will push property taxes UP. Chanel's crystal ball says NO ONE will be happy next year. I don't blame the governor for that, because this mess wasn't created on his watch. But people want results NOW. That's the way we roll in NJ.

Have you ever listened to NJ poltical ads on TV and the Radio? We get both NY and NJ (with some conneticut) ads and while it takes a few weeks to go negative in NY/CT NJ elections go full blown asshole right out of the gate. Every single one is an attack ad on the opposing candidate, on both sides.

New Topics

Forum List

Back