Buy Yourself A Mirror!!!!!

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Benghazi Hearing:

Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-NY) unloaded, first sarcastically: "Let's just hang the guilty parties."

"The stench of hypocrisy that hangs over this city today emanates from this room," Ackerman said. "I've listened to my colleagues talk about the President of the United States and others in the administration using [the] terms 'deliberate', 'lies', 'unmitigated gall', 'malfeasance,' which is malicious and knowing evil-doing, 'disgust', 'coverups'."

He continued, "If you want to know who is responsible in this town, buy yourself a mirror!"
Ackerman went on to say that Republicans had "the audacity to come here" when the administration requested, for worldwide security, "$440 million more than you guys wanted to provide. And the answer is that you damn didn't provide it! You REDUCED what the administration asked for to protect these people. Ask not who the guilty party is, it's you! It is us. It is this committee, and the things that we insist that we need have to cost money."

He added, "Could you tell me which of my colleagues on this committee was as bodacious in their insistence that we provide more money for American security in the State Department budget. I would appreciate it."

Ackerman then asked them to raise their hands and gave them a count of five to do so. None did.

Last edited:
It wasn't about the budget.

You can't lie like that in 2012 and not get called on it

Someone needed to call Ackerman a liar

"In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Lamb responded, “No, sir.”

Recall that Lamb is the person who denied requests from the top diplomatic security officer in Libya to retain a 16-man team of military personnel who had been protecting diplomats."

Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested? - The Daily Beast

Ackerman is a liar

A fucking liar

A fucking lying scumbag

"In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Recall that Lamb is the person who denied requests from the top diplomatic security officer in Libya to retain a 16-man team of military personnel who had been protecting diplomats."

Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested? - The Daily Beast

Ackerman is a liar

A fucking liar

A fucking lying scumbag

Sounds like somebody's trying to cover up for the fact that Republican intransigence on the deficit put Americans in ultimate danger.

Ackerman is a liar

A fucking liar

A fucking lying scumbag

Sounds like somebody's trying to cover up for the fact that Republican intransigence on the deficit put Americans in ultimate danger.

Sounds like someone can't read English

"Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Ackerman is a liar

A fucking liar

A fucking lying scumbag

Sounds like someone can't read English

"Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Seems you missed something, too!!!

Marines are charged with protecting a diplomatic mission’s classified documents, not its personnel. The obligation to protect the mission itself falls to the host country, a job Libya may have failed to do.

Let me ask one question, has anything stopped obama from spending? I mean over a trillion dollars we don't have a year. Liberals are blind and ignorant.

Ackerman is a liar

A fucking liar

A fucking lying scumbag

Could this tragedy have been avoided if the R had not refused Secty Clinton's request for more security?

When will both Rs and Ds DEMAND that the GObP/pubpots stop their war on the United States and get back to working FOR the people who voted for them? We need for them to stop filibustering and obstructing. We need for them to vote for jobs and economic growth instead of spending all their time fighting to control our personal lives.

And, they need to look at who won the election. A lot of Rs lost because they refused to work FOR their constituents.

Obama got the American Ambassador and 3 other killed.

Sucks being a Dem today

then Bush gets the blame for every American who died while he was president.

including the 3000 people who died on 911 because he didnt like to hear About that clinton stuff including Bin Ladin memos

the republicans filibuster everything.

They did this to hurt Obama as much a possible.

It was far more important than protecting Americans

This is incredible that the left wants us to believe that the fail in the WH didn't protect our people because he counted on the Libyans to do so or because they didn't get another 440 million. How freakin' incompetent can a person be to expect people who have no love for our country to protect our people? Really? This lying and BS coming from the left is why this is important. It is why the left can NEVER be trusted again. The left has become nothing more then pathetic apologists for Obama's screw ups. Four Americans died who may not have had to and if the buck stops with Obama as he said does that have any meaning at all? Not to Obama and the idiots on the left.

So the apologists, could you at least get your stories straight. Were are men not protected because of budget cuts or because we expected an unstable government to protect them? Either way it doesn't make the fail in the WH sound any better. But I seriously doubt the left gives a crap.

Benghazi Hearing:

Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-NY) unloaded, first sarcastically: "Let's just hang the guilty parties."

"The stench of hypocrisy that hangs over this city today emanates from this room," Ackerman said. "I've listened to my colleagues talk about the President of the United States and others in the administration using [the] terms 'deliberate', 'lies', 'unmitigated gall', 'malfeasance,' which is malicious and knowing evil-doing, 'disgust', 'coverups'."

He continued, "If you want to know who is responsible in this town, buy yourself a mirror!"
Ackerman went on to say that Republicans had "the audacity to come here" when the administration requested, for worldwide security, "$440 million more than you guys wanted to provide. And the answer is that you damn didn't provide it! You REDUCED what the administration asked for to protect these people. Ask not who the guilty party is, it's you! It is us. It is this committee, and the things that we insist that we need have to cost money."

He added, "Could you tell me which of my colleagues on this committee was as bodacious in their insistence that we provide more money for American security in the State Department budget. I would appreciate it."

Ackerman then asked them to raise their hands and gave them a count of five to do so. None did.

I guess food stamps, perpetual unemployment benefits, Obamaphones, Obamacare, and SS disability payments to able bodied benefitiaries cut into the funds needed for security at our embassies.

The Democrats have no moral authority in this. The reason for any cutbacks is their massive spending with no accountability. Nobody knows where the money is going. Lending billions to Brazil so they can set up their deep oil drilling program. Trillions in loans to foreign banks. Billions lost on green energy speculators. Obama and the Democrats in the Senate haven't even passed a budget in his entire first term yet they feel they can say this?

Last edited:
Benghazi Hearing:

Ackerman seems to have forgotten that he voted YEA on H.R. 2055: Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2012 -- the bill that reduced funding for embassy security.

He should buy himself a mirror. The bill could not have passed were it not for Democrat support. Matter of fact, more Democrats voted for the bill than did Republicans.

Ackerman is a liar.

Forum List

Back