Buy this Magazine or We'll Shoot This Dog!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Richard-H, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,094

^Dunning-Kruger case study.

Your Clever.

2. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,744
    I don't own a clever. I never have. Has anyone ever owned a clever? It appears you have no clue, too (in terms of being not smart, clever or informed enough).

3. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,428
    I'm not an employer so I couldn't tell you. However in a similar discussion about six months ago, somebody suggested we do the same for landlords; put them in jail for renting to illegals. Well I am a landlord, and I can tell you I wouldn't know the first step into finding out the legality of an applicant for one of my apartments. If it's a document of some sort, how would I verify that? And even if we could have such a system, it reeks of identity theft which is already a problem in this country as it is.

The point I'm making is that an employer may not know he or she is employing an illegal, and it makes little sense to place the onus on them alone. I understand what you're saying but the truth is locking Americans up--business owners up because others are breaking our laws is not the way to approach this, especially since work is not the only reason to come here. We need to go to the root of the problem, and that's the people coming here for any reason illegally. That's what would solve the problem

4. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,428
    Oh, then you're saying we have more than enough here already. Thanks for admitting that.

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86,990
    Ummmm......do you know what crisis means?

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86,990
    You better watch out
    Mexicans are outbreeding us

The USA may turn brown

7. Richard-H

Richard-H Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,832
    Holy Shit! I had landlords ask for proof of citizenship, check my credit rating, do a criminal background check and get a whole slew of info from me before they'd rent to me - and I'm pretty obviously American born.

If you're a landlord and don't know get that info routinely, you seriously don't know what your doing.

Or is this just an excuse for you to rent to illegals?

8. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,428
    We don't have a hell of a lot of illegals up north, so I never ran across the problem. And I'm glad you told me I don't know what I"m doing after 25 years in the business.

Yes, I do background checks which are ready available on the internet. I use an agency that can tell me what you had for dinner on New Years Eve. But I have no idea how I would find if a person is legal or not. Anybody can make up a SS number and there is no way to match that number to a name. Police will not help you in matters like that. They are about the only local agency that has access to such records.

And yes, a credit check is available as well. Nothing hard about getting that information. Although from years of experience, I find that a credit check is useless in determining the ability of a tenant to pay. Usually former landlords are much more reliable. I've rented to people who either had no credit history because they were too young, and some older applicants that even had a bankruptcy. They turned out to be my best tenants living here anywhere from 7 to 10 years successfully.

9. WillPower

WillPower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    The Rats slinked home for the weekend....calls are supposedly coming in to them at a 80-20 build the Wall clip....sooner or later Pelosi will be told to put up the money whether she hates Trump or not.....I can't wait to hear DJ ROAR and start heckling her for it while Chuck sits in a corner whimpering and sucking his thumb. THE WALL IS COMING MAGA!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. rightwinger

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86,990
    Nobody wants or needs a wall