Buy Obama's BC for $100?

HONOLULU (AP) — Moving to dispel claims that President Barack Obama was not born in Hawaii, his supporters in the state's legislature have introduced a bill that would allow anyone to get a copy of his birth records for a $100 fee.

The idea behind the measure is to end skepticism over Obama's birthplace while raising a little money for a government with a projected budget deficit exceeding $800 million over the next two years.

"If it passes, it will calm the birthers down," said the bill's primary sponsor, Rep. Rida Cabanilla. "All these people are still doubting it because they don't want the birth certificate from Obama. They want it from our state office."

Bill before Hawaii Legislature would let anyone get copy of Obama's birth records for $100 - chicagotribune.com

Congrats on Hawaii for capturing a money-making opportunity!

I wonder what info is included in a 'birth record' vs. the COLB?

Seeing as how the "COLB" is the ONLY birth records that Hawaii releases AT ALL according to regulations, I'm guessing $100 would buy you a copy of the "COLB".

Seeing as how the "COLB" is the ONLY birth records that Hawaii releases AT ALL according to regulations, I'm guessing $100 would buy you a copy of the "COLB".

Then they'll make a mint off of people paying for information that is already out there. Or not.

Then they'll make a mint off of people paying for information that is already out there. Or not.

If this passes, they'll make a little money.

But the birthers will still claim that it's all a conspiracy, that it's forged, or that for some unexplained reason it "doesn't count".

Sorry bout that,

1. If its not an actual BC, then I would say its immoral to sell it to the public, *a betrayal of the public trust*.
2. It would be thieft by supplying false records.
3. And could also be a crime.
4. Which could find the State of Hawaii in a huge amount of law suits.:evil:
5. I want one!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

If this passes, they'll make a little money.

But the birthers will still claim that it's all a conspiracy, that it's forged, or that for some unexplained reason it "doesn't count".

Well, if it's the same info that's on the COLB of course they will. I'm not really sure what the point of doing this is, unless they think they're going to make a killing on it . . . which they won't. That is if this thing even goes through.

Sorry bout that,

1. If its not an actual BC, then I would say its immoral to sell it to the public, *a betrayal of the public trust*.
5. I want one!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You get what you pay for!

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

5. I want one!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Okay I want two then!
2. Oh and *checkmate*!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

5. I want one!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Okay I want two then!
2. Oh and *checkmate*!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. In that case, why not order enough for all your friends and family
2. Oh and *Yahtzee*!