Buy Obama's BC for $100?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
HONOLULU (AP) — Moving to dispel claims that President Barack Obama was not born in Hawaii, his supporters in the state's legislature have introduced a bill that would allow anyone to get a copy of his birth records for a $100 fee.

The idea behind the measure is to end skepticism over Obama's birthplace while raising a little money for a government with a projected budget deficit exceeding $800 million over the next two years.

"If it passes, it will calm the birthers down," said the bill's primary sponsor, Rep. Rida Cabanilla. "All these people are still doubting it because they don't want the birth certificate from Obama. They want it from our state office."

Bill before Hawaii Legislature would let anyone get copy of Obama's birth records for $100 - chicagotribune.com

Congrats on Hawaii for capturing a money-making opportunity!

Would never work.

Do you really think that the people that want to see this birth certificate are going to have $100 of disposable income to make this lofty purchase?

I don't know if it is legal for them to "sell" someones BC. The only person who should have access to that info is omaba himself..and he should be the one releasing it....or :lol: selling it.

HONOLULU (AP) — Moving to dispel claims that President Barack Obama was not born in Hawaii, his supporters in the state's legislature have introduced a bill that would allow anyone to get a copy of his birth records for a $100 fee.

The idea behind the measure is to end skepticism over Obama's birthplace while raising a little money for a government with a projected budget deficit exceeding $800 million over the next two years.

"If it passes, it will calm the birthers down," said the bill's primary sponsor, Rep. Rida Cabanilla. "All these people are still doubting it because they don't want the birth certificate from Obama. They want it from our state office."

Bill before Hawaii Legislature would let anyone get copy of Obama's birth records for $100 - chicagotribune.com

I wonder what info is included in a 'birth record' vs. the COLB?

• Banned
I don't know if it is legal for them to "sell" someones BC. The only person who should have access to that info is omaba himself..and he should be the one releasing it....or :lol: selling it.

Hawaii's constitution has a privacy provision, syrenn. Odds are, this bill will never become law...but it's still funny.

• Banned

Such as what, Zoom-boing? You gonna do up his astrological chart?

My kid had her feet printed at birth....mebbe they could start demanding Obama's footprints for comparison?

My kid had her feet printed at birth....mebbe they could start demanding Obama's footprints for comparison?

No, I'm asking a question. What info is in the 'birth record' vs. the COLB? The article said people can pay $100 for a copy of his birth records. For what? What different information is in the birth records vs. what's on the COLB?

• Banned
Oh good grief, who cares.

I do believe you are looking for our right wing section, Soggy.......

right_wing_1.jpg

No, I'm asking a question. What info is in the 'birth record' vs. the COLB? The article said people can pay $100 for a copy of his birth records. For what? What different information is in the birth records vs. what's on the COLB?

Presumably, they are the same, Zoom-boing. Apparently some people want a copy directly from the state because they don't trust the one Obama released.

They should up it a little...a great little fund-raiser tho.

Presumably, they are the same, Zoom-boing. Apparently some people want a copy directly from the state because they don't trust the one Obama released.

That's what I was wondering . If it's the same info that's in the COLB . . . what the hell are they even considering this for? Oh yeah, the millions they'll get from dim bulbs buying one. lol

Good shit, Hawaii!~ Make the Capitalists play their own game!

Actually, there are several states where birth certificates are public record. For example, I was born in PA, and several years ago when I enlisted in the Reserves, my recruiter was able to obtain a copy of my BC for my enlistment packet, since I did not have a copy of my own. Though it only cost her $18 for mine.

Also, I think alot of you are gettin too rapped up on tomato-tomahto. "Birth record" is not meant to be a technical term. It's a broad, descriptive term. I could offer you a copy of someone's "marriage record" which would just be their marriage license.

Forum List

Back