Buy an EV they Said

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Now that the warm fuzzy feeling of eco righteousness has worn off reality sets in. Virtually zero value for trade in. Mountains of burned out batteries too expensive to replace and frantic consumers watching them turn into bricks.
Automakers Need to Start Worrying About the Batteries Lurking in Older EVs - The Truth About Cars
Automotive News highlighted this fact in an interview with an early adopter named Ravi Kan-ade. Since purchasing his 2012 Nissan Leaf SL, he’s watched its charging capacity diminish by half over 60,000 miles of driving. That’s not ideal, especially considering the car’s 24-kWh battery started out with an operational range of just 84 miles. He’s dying for the refurbishment option.

Very early Leafs did have this problem. The batteries had no way to cool. That has been addressed. You are arguing to not buy a car because the wooden spokes are prone to breaking which makes travel a pain.

Now that the warm fuzzy feeling of eco righteousness has worn off reality sets in. Virtually zero value for trade in. Mountains of burned out batteries too expensive to replace and frantic consumers watching them turn into bricks.
Automakers Need to Start Worrying About the Batteries Lurking in Older EVs - The Truth About Cars
Automotive News highlighted this fact in an interview with an early adopter named Ravi Kan-ade. Since purchasing his 2012 Nissan Leaf SL, he’s watched its charging capacity diminish by half over 60,000 miles of driving. That’s not ideal, especially considering the car’s 24-kWh battery started out with an operational range of just 84 miles. He’s dying for the refurbishment option.
Yes everyone jumped on the save the planet bandwagon with no real understanding of what or why they were doing it.
The batteries are not mined environmentally freindly.
Most of the car is not made from or by enviromnmentally friendly.
Roads are not. Changing out batteries every five years is not. Charging is usually not. Charging stations are not that prevalent and again not ev freindly.
I foresee the possibility of brown/black outs as more are bought.

Very early Leafs did have this problem. The batteries had no way to cool. That has been addressed. You are arguing to not buy a car because the wooden spokes are prone to breaking which makes travel a pain.

You are arguing to not buy a car because the wooden spokes are prone to breaking which makes travel a pain.

Only if the wooden spokes cost $6000 to replace.

Current prob dude ...forgive me if I wait until the tech is mature....

EVs are so energy efficient...here is a perfect example of liberal thinking.. Save the earth Sandra pulled up to the electric charging station in her overpriced, but politically correct electric BMW...getting enough juice to make the last leg of her 15 mile commute...checking her make up in the rear view while texting her annoyance to her friends about the noise at the charging station...blissfully unaware that her electricity is coming from that diesel generator that sounds like a school bus cleverly hidden behind the oh so green and clean charging station front......

By the way...Save the earth Sandra voted with her party to place a prohibitive tariff on fuel efficient diesel vehicles which get 60+ miles per gallon.

Save the earth liberals....idiots...one and all....and they will kill us all if given half a chance....

diesel-generator-ev-charger-m.jpg

Last edited:

I dont think anyone cares what you buy.

The people who are spending millions trying to promote EVs and guilt us into believing that it is our civic duty to buy one would probably disagree with you.

EVs are so energy efficient...here is a perfect example of liberal thinking.. Save the earth Sandra pulled up to the electric charging station in her overpriced, but politically correct electric BMW...getting enough juice to make the last leg of her 15 mile commute...checking her make up in the rear view while texting her annoyance to her friends about the noise at the charging station...blissfully unaware that her electricity is coming from that diesel generator that sounds like a school bus cleverly hidden behind the oh so green and clean charging station front......

By the way...Save the earth Sandra voted with her party to place a prohibitive tariff on fuel efficient diesel vehicles which get 60+ miles per gallon.

Save the earth liberals....idiots...one and all....and they will kill us all if given half a chance....

Ever ride in a Tesla in “Ludicrous mode"?

Nope...I don't spend much time on the highway..and have little interest in paying tickets or seeing my insurance rates go up....I got all that nonsense out of my system back when cool was measured in cubic inches...Today, I go places that you would need a telescope to see a tesla from on roads and paths that a tesla wouldn't make it a block on...ever confidently left the paved road in a turbocharged pre 90's diesel powered pickup truck...a vehicle that has gone 250,000 miles and not had the slightest doubt that your truck would get you where you are going without the first bit of engine or transmission trouble?

By the way....real motörhead's know that it isn't really about how fast someone else can build your car to go for you...it is mostly about taking a mild mannered family car like a 60's vintage Chevy II, and turning it into a sub 10 second rocket...any ass wipe can pay someone else to build him a car...but no matter how fast it goes, it won't mean as much to you as one you built yourself...

Nope...I don't spend much time on the highway..and have little interest in paying tickets or seeing my insurance rates go up....I got all that nonsense out of my system back when cool was measured in cubic inches...Today, I go places that you would need a telescope to see a tesla from on roads and paths that a tesla wouldn't make it a block on...ever confidently left the paved road in a turbocharged pre 90's diesel powered pickup truck...a vehicle that has gone 250,000 miles and not had the slightest doubt that your truck would get you where you are going without the first bit of engine or transmission trouble?

0-60 in 2.3 seconds without any fuss is pretty cool.

0-60 in 2.3 seconds without any fuss is pretty cool.

Like I said...any ass wipe can pay someone else to build him a fast car...so what? Exactly what do you find cool about paying someone else to provide you with cool...

Still a 150 year plus antique technology..

electric-cars-5-728.jpg

Don't lie, do gooder greenies care.....

It shows the idiocy of people who write policy based on ideas and not reality.
I read a study awhile back, actually linked from this site, that showed exactly what kind of demands would be placed on the electrical grid in major cities if the "Green New Deal" was passed. Many of these systems are already taxed too high... if you added in 100,000's of people charging their cars at the same time - it was way over the ability of the city to provide enough juice to do it.

Forum List

Back