Buttigieg's knowledge of Norwegian disputed

Centrista

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2018
Fans of Pete Buttigieg claim he's the smartest candidate out there because he speaks "7 languages" and plays the piano, among other things.
But it like like he memorized a few things in Norwegian. Could it be possible that Buttigieg is only good at English?

The Norwegian crew wanted to hear it for themselves. In a video that circulated on social media, the reporters smile like proud parents as Buttigieg haltingly says, in Norwegian, “I’ve forgotten so much Norwegian,” followed by a few words about a book and a Norwegian pastor and then an apology, in English: “Sorry, I just ran out of Norwegian.”

The footage, shot by The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel, meets all the demands of social-media authenticity — it was shot on a phone, with the terrible audio, pixelation and skewed perspective that assure you a real human has captured a spontaneous moment. It traveled the same viral routes as Giridharadas’s tweet, acting as evidence that Buttigieg was the cleverest man ever to run for president. It hardly mattered that the main thing Buttigieg seemed able to say in Norwegian was that he had forgotten a lot of Norwegian.
How Pete Buttigieg’s Meaningless Erudition Made Him the ‘Smart’ Candidate

How low can we go,
what tiny piece of useless trash can we pick up & kick down the road,
oh no! he may not be perfect at Norwegian language, get out the tar & feathers
funny funny stuff.

How low can we go,
funny funny stuff.
It's not that he's not imperfect at it. He's horrible at it. His fans made Norwegian an issue. Now we're going to discuss the issue.

Fans of Pete Buttigieg claim he's the smartest candidate out there because he speaks "7 languages" and plays the piano, among other things.
But it like like he memorized a few things in Norwegian. Could it be possible that Buttigieg is only good at English?

The Norwegian crew wanted to hear it for themselves. In a video that circulated on social media, the reporters smile like proud parents as Buttigieg haltingly says, in Norwegian, “I’ve forgotten so much Norwegian,” followed by a few words about a book and a Norwegian pastor and then an apology, in English: “Sorry, I just ran out of Norwegian.”

The footage, shot by The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel, meets all the demands of social-media authenticity — it was shot on a phone, with the terrible audio, pixelation and skewed perspective that assure you a real human has captured a spontaneous moment. It traveled the same viral routes as Giridharadas’s tweet, acting as evidence that Buttigieg was the cleverest man ever to run for president. It hardly mattered that the main thing Buttigieg seemed able to say in Norwegian was that he had forgotten a lot of Norwegian.

You uh, do understand that learning to read a language is different from learning to speak it do you not?

Or have you never gone down that road?

Leave it to the wanker who's never learned a language at all.... smh

How low can we go,
funny funny stuff.
It's not that he's not imperfect at it. He's horrible at it.

Hardanger to make that case when the Norwegian speaker he was talking to assessed it as "very good", innit?

How low can we go,
funny funny stuff.

Hardanger to make that case when the Norwegian speaker he was talking to assessed it as "very good", innit?
Like he perfectly pronounced "I've forgotten a lot of Norwegian " very good? Or did he grade his overall knowledge as very good?

How low can we go,
funny funny stuff.

Like he perfectly pronounced "I've forgotten a lot of Norwegian " very good? Or did he grade his overall knowledge as very good?

Watch your own video Spunkles.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-10-at-11.15.46-AM.png

No where does he claim to be fluent.

Looks like a hit piece from someone rooting for a different candidate.

Forum List

Back