Buttigieg On Bullies

That is admirable. Not too often do you hear of a kid being instructed to challenge their bully. Even if it is one which will probably result in a bloody nose. Baby steps I guess.

Such fine, noble sentiments. Unfortunately, they don't work for shit.

Pete Buttigieg Tells 11-Year-Old Girl How To Stand Up To A Bully | HuffPost
I would imagine that bullies and the admirers of bullies would want people to believe there's nothing you can do about it.

We taught our son to back off three times, then cut loose on the bully. He did once.

The school wanted to hold both parties equally at fault, as is the current way. Ten witnesses disputed that. My wife, who was in the system at the time, straightened the admins right out.

No one should be told they cannot defend themselves against an attacker.

Challenging a bully is the only way to deal with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except, as I said, bullies and the admirers of bullies don't like to hear that.
True. They would rather we be afraid of them.

I grew up in the 70’s as a person of color in an all white school. I’ve learned how to handle bullies and racists.

Great reply from mayor Pete on the bullying issue. He is right.

When I was a kid I got bullied often. I would just give shit right back to the bully.
I eventually ended up in several fights but not a single bully ever fucked with me after I showed the ass hole that I wasn't gonna take their shit any longer.
Brings back some kinda funny memories. Got in a fight while climbing a tree & me & the bully kid both fell out of the tree, still going at it after we hit the ground. :21:
And in another one I flipped a bully completely over my head; I grabbed his arm, did a 180, and I flipped his ass right over my head, and he hit the ground. That dude never, ever even looked at me after that. :21:

When I was a kid I got bullied often. I would just give shit right back to the bully.
I eventually ended up in several fights but not a single bully ever fucked with me after I showed the ass hole that I wasn't gonna take their shit any longer.
Brings back some kinda funny memories. Got in a fight while climbing a tree & me & the bully kid both fell out of the tree, still going at it after we hit the ground. :21:
And in another one I flipped a bully completely over my head; I grabbed his arm, did a 180, and I flipped his ass right over my head, and he hit the ground. That dude never, ever even looked at me after that. :21:
That's how to deal with a bully, but that is NOT what Mayor Pete said.

I grew up in the 70’s as a person of color in an all white school. I’ve learned how to handle bullies and racists.

Which now totally consumes you, defines your existence and causes you to be a racist just like they were.

That's how to deal with a bully, but that is NOT what Mayor Pete said.

You didn't read the link, did you? First, he said that sometimes you have to stand up to the bully, but then he gave a couple of other ways to handle it.

And yeah, when someone is giving you a hard time, asking them if they are okay is a fairly effective way to take the steam out of them.

upload_2019-5-20_20-16-10.gif

Which now totally consumes you, defines your existence and causes you to be a racist just like they were.

I forgive but I don’t forget.

Forum List

Back