But What Does it Really Mean?

A degree is only as good as the demand for the knowledge that goes with the degree. A degree is often worth far less in the marketplace than an electrician's certification, or the certificate of completion of an apprenticeship of a millwright.

More Americans than ever have bachelor degrees, but what if any impact does that have on the economy and our society in general?

What does it mean:

Higher debt for more people entering the workforce.

Less people with any amount of common sense entering the workforce.

Higher expectations for initial salary in the workforce.

Less people with manual skills in the workforce.

I do have degrees...with the word 'science' in their title. However, I would take my Airframe & Powerplant License, which takes a high school diploma to acquire, over any.

I do have degrees...with the word 'science' in their title. However, I would take my Airframe & Powerplant License, which takes a high school diploma to acquire, over any.

So you didn't attend a school to get that license?
Yes, I did. I got my FAA tickets, took the written, oral and practical in 5 days. Initial military training, OJT and years of practical work experience qualified me for them (tickets). However, this was very similar to an apprenticeship. A helluva lot more hands on than book learning.
University is fine if one wishes to achieve a specialization or licensure which cannot be acquired with an apprenticeship. A lawyer, doctor, engineer etc.
Otherwise...why bother?
Get your ass out there and get producing.

Yes, I did. I got my FAA tickets, took the written, oral and practical in 5 days. Initial military training, OJT and years of practical work experience qualified me for them (tickets). However, this was very similar to an apprenticeship. A helluva lot more hands on than book learning.
University is fine if one wishes to achieve a specialization or licensure which cannot be acquired with an apprenticeship. A lawyer, doctor, engineer etc.
Otherwise...why bother?

I did produce! I produced a couple of thousand high school graduates.

Now, who taught those instructors of yours so that they could have the skills needed to be an instructor?

Otherwise...why bother?

Now, who taught those instructors of yours so that they could have the skills needed to be an instructor?
You engage in a vocation which cannot be had WITHOUT a college degree, high school instruction. Go back and re-read what I posted.
The instructors who taught me my trade in the military were in positions which only required a high school diploma. They were taught by other instructors whose position only required a HS education. At the A&P school, I could not tell you what those gentleman had as far as formal education. What they required was a high school diploma to instruct. FAA regulations do not call for A&P evaluators to possess anything above a high school diploma.
My initial statement holds firm.

Otherwise...why bother?

You engage in a vocation which cannot be had WITHOUT a college degree, high school instruction. Go back and re-read what I posted.
The instructors who taught me my trade in the military were in positions which only required a high school diploma. They were taught by other instructors whose position only required a HS education. At the A&P school, I could not tell you what those gentleman had as far as formal education. What they required was a high school diploma to instruct. FAA regulations do not call for A&P evaluators to possess anything above a high school diploma.

They had a high school diploma and were taught by the same teachers you ate disrespecting. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Otherwise...why bother?

They had a high school diploma and were taught by the same teachers you ate disrespecting. Why is that such a difficult concept?
You're about retarded.

Otherwise...why bother?

You're about retarded.

You need to get away from that mirror when you are osting.

You cannot outwit me, so you insult me. I'll take my degrees and be happy, while you get grease from under your fingernails all over that HS diploma. What you dio is honorable work, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do your job.

Otherwise...why bother?

You're about retarded.

You cannot outwit me, so you insult me. I'll take my degrees and be happy, while you get grease from under your fingernails all over that HS diploma. What you dio is honorable work, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do your job.
It's not about outwitting, it's about reading comprehension and critical thinking. Two things of which you lack. Yet, to my own detriment I am equally far too disinterested and far too lazy to diagram my logic for you.

You're about retarded.

It's not about outwitting, it's about reading comprehension and critical thinking. Two things of which you lack. Yet, to my own detriment I am equally far too disinterested and far too lazy to diagram my logic for you.

Come talk to me when you have it figured out, dumbass. I hope I never fly on a plane you worked on. Do your bosses know you are a dumbass?

Forum List

Back