But racism no longer exists....

Maybe racism is the wrong word but I do think we are genetically programmed to associate with and be loyal to our own kind.

I would agree that we are born with the genetics to gravitate toward similar people and things we associate the same as us. But hate is unfornately passed down through nuture.
Cassius Clay, "The Greatest" boxer of all time, affirmed his belief in the natural inclination of all living creatures to instinctively associate with those who are most familiar by saying, "Blackbirds fly with blackbirds and bluebirds fly with bluebirds. . . ," an observation that makes the point quite succinctly and with no room for dispute.

It's most likely both. The us vs. them mentality is ingrained in us, most likely because we want "us" to survive and not "them." There is also a learned element to it that drives people over the edge of rationality.

I completely disagree, I believe racism is most certainly learned and not programmed in our genetics.

So your telling me racism isn't learned its biological? That's BS

It's most likely both. The us vs. them mentality is ingrained in us, most likely because we want "us" to survive and not "them." There is also a learned element to it that drives people over the edge of rationality.
These discussions of racial discord go on endlessly as if all participants are indisputably certain the words, racism and racist, mean the same things to each and every one of them, when in fact few of those who make frequent and boldly confident use of these words are able to clearly and correctly define them. So I would like to ask those who make frequent or occasional use of the words, racist and/or racism, to tell us what they believe those controversial words mean.

And, please, no copying from a dictionary.
Racism is the belief that someone is inferior due to ethnic heritage or skin color.

These discussions of racial discord go on endlessly as if all participants are indisputably certain the words, racism and racist, mean the same things to each and every one of them, when in fact few of those who make frequent and boldly confident use of these words are able to clearly and correctly define them. So I would like to ask those who make frequent or occasional use of the words, racist and/or racism, to tell us what they believe those controversial words mean.

Racism is the belief that someone is inferior due to ethnic heritage or skin color.
I beleive racism can also be the belief that certain groups of people are bad, mean, malicious, problematic, oppressive (pick your negative word) due to race.

I beleive racism can also be the belief that certain groups of people are bad, mean, malicious, problematic, oppressive (pick your negative word) due to race.

Well when there is a group that has used race to be those things, it is truth.

"In February 2008, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination faulted the US for failing to address racism against its racial minorities--criticism receiving scant news media attention in comparison to the orgy of coverage on comments by Rev. Wright.

Irrespective of Rev. Wright's remarks, it's wrong to put America's long festering race woes solely on the back of Barack.

Instead of Hillary Clinton or John McCain showing self-proclaimed leadership by denouncing the duplicity of using Obama's candidacy as a barometer for racism in America, the pair remained silent, savoring political advantage."

http://www.counterpunch.org/washington03252008.html

Another example of conservative msm.

I agree with you. I say this to the others here Rev.Wrights comments were not racist. If you just take it that he said G- damn America, where is the racial implication in this comment? At whites assuming they are America? If so, that is racist.

Jeremiah Wright: "God Damn America"

I'm not sure what world people live in who claim there is little racism today, all we would need is an economic disaster and they will come out of the walls. Actually they aren't too far away at any time. Having lived now in a big city and corporate America as long as I have it has lessened but it is still very evident especially among the uneducated. Maybe that is why people online feel it is no more. The piece below makes clear progress is slow coming.

'The Year in Hate Active U.S. Hate Groups Rise to 888 in 2007'

By David Holthouse and Mark Potok

"The latest annual count by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) found that the number of hate groups operating in America rose to 888 last year, up 5% from 844 groups in 2006. That capped an increase of 48% since 2000 — a hike from 602 groups attributable to the exploitation by hate groups of the continuing debate about immigration. And it comes on top of some 300 other anti-immigration groups, about half listed by SPLC as "nativist extremist," formed in the last three years.

At the same time, FBI statistics suggested that there was a 35% rise in hate crimes against Latinos between 2003 and 2006. Experts believe that such crimes are typically carried out by people who think they are attacking immigrants."

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=886

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/hcrvp.pdf

Please. This list of hate groups is stupid and fraudulent.

There is only a handful of actual hate groups out there and the Democrat Party is the largest.

I'm not sure what world people live in who claim there is little racism today, all we would need is an economic disaster and they will come out of the walls. Actually they aren't too far away at any time. Having lived now in a big city and corporate America as long as I have it has lessened but it is still very evident especially among the uneducated. Maybe that is why people online feel it is no more. The piece below makes clear progress is slow coming.

"The latest annual count by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) found that the number of hate groups operating in America rose to 888 last year, up 5% from 844 groups in 2006. That capped an increase of 48% since 2000 — a hike from 602 groups attributable to the exploitation by hate groups of the continuing debate about immigration. And it comes on top of some 300 other anti-immigration groups, about half listed by SPLC as "nativist extremist," formed in the last three years.

At the same time, FBI statistics suggested that there was a 35% rise in hate crimes against Latinos between 2003 and 2006. Experts believe that such crimes are typically carried out by people who think they are attacking immigrants."

There is only a handful of actual hate groups out there and the Democrat Party is the largest.

We all know the republican party is hate group haven.

Maybe racism is the wrong word but I do think we are genetically programmed to associate with and be loyal to our own kind.

I would agree that we are born with the genetics to gravitate toward similar people and things we associate the same as us. But hate is unfornately passed down through nuture.
Cassius Clay, "The Greatest" boxer of all time, affirmed his belief in the natural inclination of all living creatures to instinctively associate with those who are most familiar by saying, "Blackbirds fly with blackbirds and bluebirds fly with bluebirds. . . ," an observation that makes the point quite succinctly and with no room for dispute.

Who is Cassius Clay?

Well when there is a group that has used race to be those things, it is truth.
You are not racist, and you never post anything that is racist!!!:disbelief:

We do not all know that. We DO know that the democrat party gave us slavery, the Civil War, Jim Crow and racist concentration camps.

We do not all know that. We DO know that the democrat party gave us slavery, the Civil War, Jim Crow and racist concentration camps.

We do know that. Whites gave us slavery, as slavery was made legal in this nation while America was a British colony and before there was a democratic party. Slavery was made legal in 1641, the democratic party started in 1828. Slavery was already the law of the land. We know the republicans had the Lilly white movement and we certainly did not see republicans working to stop apartheid here in America. Republicans did not fih against interment camps therefore they were complicit.

"With few exceptions, most political figures, Republican and Democrat, supported Japanese internment, especially politicians on the west coast."

No you racist fuck, you don't know that at all. You are stupidly repeating the lies you are told. Kanye West and many others are trying to wake you up.

Racism is very much alive in America. Sure, we just had a President who was born in Kenya, but when do we get the first Italian Anerican President?

Hillary called you "super predator" and Biden thinks its "storybook" that you can be "clean and articulate"

And you keep supporting them

Forum List

Back