But race doesn't enter into it?

It's not racist, your folks put up photos of Bush as Hitler and other crap. Ya got to remember the golden rule, if you don't want the tables truned.

I don't see any photos however the article states that Obama was depicted as a witch-doctor and a Neanderthal.

Are these racist too?

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/8000/Witch-Doctor--8441.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_k_ICSkAB1hk/TPWhMLCIp3I/AAAAAAAAG_c/b_hfn63rqak/s1600/bush-neanderthal.jpg

http://www.lecornichon.qc.ca/galeries_1/poletran/000030-clone_george_bush.jpg

Rick Perry as Neanderthal

More Of Dicky's Doodles and Scribbles: November 2009

I recall when Bush, Palin and Cheney were hung in effigy, I do not recall anyone on the left complaining however when Obama and Biden are hung in effigy it suddendly becomes racist.

So we are given a link to "iconic" Obama pictures and we are told they are racist? This makes no sense.

Luudly is a moron, now a photo of Obama is racist........wow.....just what the civil rights movement fought for....to be rid of photos of any black person ever!!!!!!

Not a shocker. Radical partisans have rotted our political system to somewhere just above a South American nation's system. People treat it like a damn sports team now. The red team vs blue team. They dont give a shit who their head "coach" is, or who their main players are, or what plays they run. So long as they WIN, thats all that matters.

The people of this country who are deeply involved in politics have basically become like the Bloods vs Crips....without guns.

It's been taken down off the facebook page.
The photo shopped images were posted MONTHS ago.
If they sucked or were disgusting, then I oppose them. If it was all in fun, well the eternally offended will have to get a thicker skin.
Case closed.
When will you people learn that when a person or group does something you don't like, the worst thing you can do is react and thus give them publicity. The right course is to ignore them. This leaves the offender powerless to guide the narrative.
Sheesh.

The Mecklenburg County Republican Party in Southern Virginia is defying the state GOP
Pat Mullins, chairman of the Virginia GOP, told the Washington Post that the series of Photoshopped images, which carry birther messages and depict Obama as a neanderthal and witch doctor, "have no place in political discourse."
“They are offensive, tasteless and should never have been posted anywhere, let alone a local unit’s Facebook page. The Republican Party of Virginia condemns this sort of imagery in the strongest possible terms," Mullins said

I'd like to thank luddly.neddite for posting a thread that shows the GOP in such a positive light. One man posted highly offensive images, and the Virginia State GOP came down on him like a sack of hammers.

Thank you, luddly.neddite, for showing the board that a few bad apples don't spoil the entire GOP. Your positive reinforcement of the GOP's hard stance against racism and bigotry is much appreciated. Way to go!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back