But of Course: Starbucks’ ‘Unconscious Bias Training’ Isn’t Enough, Protesters Say

Went there this morning; nice crowd of different races there. I usually get my coffee from the same eatery where I eat breakfast. I liked their response to the horrible actions of one of their managers so much, I decided to visit them again for the first time in few weeks
/——/ I prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee but I do have Starbucks on occasion. It’s the only coffee I can drink black.

DD is good. I am addicted to my Keurig but I don’t always have the pods I like so I buy coffee on the way out many times.
/——/ The best of both worlds, DD coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts.

Starbucks is ghey.... and their coffee blows too.

Nobody likes Starbucks.... let's face it they draw the same zombie crowd every morning. Most men stay out of there just because they don't want the tag of the rainbow following them out the door..... and the men who do go in well.....ya know.:cul2:

Nobody likes Starbucks.... let's face it they draw the same zombie crowd every morning. Most men stay out of there just because they don't want the tag of the rainbow following them out the door..... and the men who do go in well.....ya know.:cul2:

Facts refute your ignorance yet again. Starbucks averages 500 customers per day world wide with a projected growth to 750 per day.

Activists like to cite the following saying as their mantra: "The squeaky wheel gets the oil."

And they are correct: During the last 60 years, complaining about everything has gotten them quite a lot.

I was just wondering, though.

Are people just about fed up with 60 years' worth of complaining about everything?

Is it, perhaps, time to try a policy recommended by one of President Nixon's advisers? It was called benign neglect.

The next time the activists start hollering, gently ignore them.

Let the activists do their thing: lawsuits, demonstrations, sit-ins, media attention, etc.

The object of their indignation, however, should neither say nor do anything.

(In a way, some companies have already followed this policy. Some large chains have been the object of all kinds of complaints. Did they apologize or try to buy the activists' goodwill? No. Those companies simply closed the stores and left the community.)

In a way it's a good thing that Starbucks coffee tastes awful (they burn the shit out of their beans); it makes them all the easier to boycott. I haven't had Starbucks in several years.

Went there this morning; nice crowd of different races there. I usually get my coffee from the same eatery where I eat breakfast. I liked their response to the horrible actions of one of their managers so much, I decided to visit them again for the first time in few weeks
/——/ I prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee but I do have Starbucks on occasion. It’s the only coffee I can drink black.

Be glad you don't live in the UK and get coffee from starbucks, they have found shit in their coffee LOL okay fecal matter.

Now think long and hard what's been let into the country. lol

upload_2018-4-24_7-55-8.png

This just in

The protesters were also outraged that Starbucks was discriminating against people without money. “It is outrageous that evil corporations are allowed to discriminate against income-challenged people by expecting them to pay for their skinny lattes with two half-pumps of sugar-free vanilla,” said Kurffle McWawa, 35, student with eight arts undergraduate degrees and currently enrolled in Man-Hating Studies. “The government must dismantle the oppressive patriarchal system of property ownership and replace it by planting money trees for all and giving every single American a free unicorn.” A Starbucks spokesperson had no comment.​

Facts refute your ignorance yet again. Starbucks averages 500 customers per day world wide with a projected growth to 750 per day.
Was that projection before or after they kicked out the negroes?

You mean 13,669,500 customers a day.

Most of these problems began when entities began instructing their underlings to be very cautious about other people's perceptions. Perceptions are mostly feelings with little facts
"Perceptions" can't happen without facts.
Even Jesse Jackson said he always felt uncomfortable when there were "young black men" walking behind him.
Jesse didn't get that feeling out of thin air.

Starbucks is shipping a 'unconscious bias' video tape to every US store.
The day of the 'training' the employees get to sit for a couple of hours and watch TV. Then they have fill out a survey: "Did you learn all about how bias you really are but don't know it.
The surveys will be shipped to head office and the owners will then be able to wave the survey results in the face of negros. "See we did something about the problem. Now make sure you turn out to vote LIB in the next elections."
At least they aren't serving eight dollar cups of burnt coffee to LIB suckers.

I think of Starbucks as "coffee with an attitude" and that "attitude" is usually inserted by a proctologist.

This bias training is a scam. They would have the same outcome if they just read everyone their horoscope.

This bias training is a scam. They would have the same outcome if they just read everyone their horoscope.

In the Navy, you get 3 days of training for that kind of stuff every year. It's called Navy Rights and Responsibilities. Covers everything from racism to sexual harassment, as well as what is expected of you as a Navy person.

In the Navy, you get 3 days of training for that kind of stuff every year. It's called Navy Rights and Responsibilities. Covers everything from racism to sexual harassment, as well as what is expected of you as a Navy person.
The idea that such training does anything to alleviate "unconscious bias" or accomplishes anything else has basically been laughed at by the psychological fields from day one. I'm not familiar with the Navy training, if it speaks to expected conduct, that's one thing. This "bias training" usually claims to mitigate biases that you don't even know you have. And of course it is based on the IAT(Implicit Association Test) which has yet to be shown as anything but a novelty.

Forum List

Back