But I Still Want us to be Friends..............

Ex boyfriends? Not that close so it's a neither situation. Ex husband thousands of miles apart. I doubt I'd be his best buddy if he were to live closer. It was well over fifteen years before we even talked to one another. He told me he "was an asshole". Of course I agreed with him. Then he told me how he darn near starve to death after leaving the children and I alone with absoulutely nothing but our clothes. I laughed and told him he deserved it. He agreed. Then he gave me an apology for being such an ass and he asked for me to forgive him. I did. I also reminded him he stills owes 17,000 in child support.

3 of my ex's as you put it...are dead....1 is dealing with the after effects of being in a coma for 8 years...he has refused to see me since he "came out of the coma"...o an another simply said it was too painful to even think of me...much less talk to me..compared it to a violent car wreck where we both survived but after decades the pain was still there...(i had dropped a line to ask after him and all wont make that mistake again)...so of the live ones....4 and i have no problems...

o and one i wouldnt piss on if he was on fire...forgot about him

The soldier serving overseas and far from home was annoyed and upset when his girl wrote breaking off their engagement and asking for her photograph back.

A creative fellow, he went out and collected from his buddies all the unwanted photographs of women that he could find, bundled them all together and sent them to her with a note stating the following:

Dear Mary,

I can't remember which one is you ... please keep YOUR photo and return the others!

Shouldn't think they're still friends.:razz:

just one......she and my wife became friends........all the rest are gone they all wanted to be friends with benifits......which means that want me to still buy them stuff take them places and pay for everything but didn't want to have to say "thank you" if you will......

3 of my ex's as you put it...are dead....1 is dealing with the after effects of being in a coma for 8 years...he has refused to see me since he "came out of the coma"...o an another simply said it was too painful to even think of me...much less talk to me..compared it to a violent car wreck where we both survived but after decades the pain was still there...(i had dropped a line to ask after him and all wont make that mistake again)...so of the live ones....4 and i have no problems...

o and one i wouldnt piss on if he was on fire...forgot about him

That I would like to see...The only woman in history that can write her name in the snow.

The real reason you wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire is because you can't.

just one......she and my wife became friends........all the rest are gone they all wanted to be friends with benifits......which means that want me to still buy them stuff take them places and pay for everything but didn't want to have to say "thank you" if you will......

Does that mean that new ring I want is out of the question? :confused:

How many exes are your friends?

Most of mine are, one I'll never talk to again for good reason...............

My ex-wife and I get along great.
It hasn't always been that way. In the past, sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't. The kids are all grown up now, so there is nothing (important) to disagree about anymore.
Ex girlfriends and I are all ok, except for the psycho one that stalked my mother on the internet after we broke up, but that was long ago, evidently she found other people to stalk since then. Or got married. Or died. Or started taking meds.

It hasn't always been that way. In the past, sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't. The kids are all grown up now, so there is nothing (important) to disagree about anymore.
Ex girlfriends and I are all ok, except for the psycho one that stalked my mother on the internet after we broke up, but that was long ago, evidently she found other people to stalk since then. Or got married. Or died. Or started taking meds.

So you still go out and do things with your ex-wife, and ex-girlfriends? Because that's my idea of "friends", for the purposes of answering this thread..

I SEE some of my ex's occasionally, but I'm not friends with them.

So you still go out and do things with your ex-wife, and ex-girlfriends? Because that's my idea of "friends", for the purposes of answering this thread..

I SEE some of my ex's occasionally, but I'm not friends with them.

Occasionally I still have dinner with my ex-wife, usually associated with other family. I don't go out and do things with ex-girlfriends, so yeah, maybe we aren't friends, just friendly with each other.
Funny thing, I was the best man at my ex-brother-in-laws wedding a few years back. I had been divorced from his sister for years when he asked me to be his best man.

Post-Breakup Besties: "Can't We Be Friends?" - 1 - MSN Relationships - article

How many exes do you have?

I hope you're not talking ex spouses.

Not everyone has been married for 25 years dear.

Exes can mean ex husbands ( I have one) or ex boyfriends/girlfriends.

I don't think by being friends with them you have to go out and do stuff with them, though I have met some for drinks to catch up if they are in town. I do keep up with some by email, phone chats, or hanging out sometimes.

My feeling is if you dated them (meaning a relationship) you liked them for a reason. Just because it didn't work out romantically doesn't mean you can't be friends with them most of the time.

that's cool. :clap2:

Me too. I don't know if I would call it friends. But, I pretty much had or have amicable relationships with exes. I've always cared about their well being and welfare. I can't imagine hating someone that you once really cared about.

To me, its actually a good character test, if someone generally stays on good terms with most exes. Its definetly a good sign of a well adjusted person.

Um... that's not what FWB is supposed to be like.

that's cool. :clap2:

Me too. I don't know if I would call it friends. But, I pretty much had or have amicable relationships with exes. I've always cared about their well being and welfare. I can't imagine hating someone that you once really cared about.

To me, its actually a good character test, if someone generally stays on good terms with most exes. Its definetly a good sign of a well adjusted person.

Exactly! :lol:

Forum List

Back