But Go to Prison if You Provide a Straw

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Ocean Plastic Waste Probably Comes From Ships, Report Says - Slashdot

“Most of the plastic bottles washing up on the rocky shores of Inaccessible Island, aptly named for its sheer cliffs rising from the middle of the South Atlantic, probably come from Chinese merchant ships, a study published this week said. The study offers fresh evidence that the vast garbage patches floating in the middle of oceans, which have sparked much consumer hand-wringing in recent years, are less the product of people dumping single-use plastics in waterways or on land, than they are the result of merchant marine vessels tossing their waste overboard by the ton.”

The Left are never about addressing issues, just attacking Americans.

Why do you want to send people to jail for straws? Nobody else does. It's not the craziest wish you've had, but it's up there.

Oh, moral people understand the concept of cleaning up your own backyard first. That's why almost no deniers understand it.

Why do you want to send people to jail for straws? Nobody else does. It's not the craziest wish you've had, but it's up there.

Oh, moral people understand the concept of cleaning up your own backyard first. That's why almost no deniers understand it.
Off topic thread deflection lie.

Off topic thread deflection lie.

So you're saying moral people _don't_ clean up their own backyard first.

Like I said, deniers can't understand good morality. If you're going to lecture the world on pollution, you have to first not be polluting much yourself.

And if that bothers you, tough. Send the straw police after me.

So you're saying moral people _don't_ clean up their own backyard first.

Like I said, deniers can't understand good morality. If you're going to lecture the world on pollution, you have to first not be polluting much yourself.

And if that bothers you, tough. Send the straw police after me.

The point that you are missing is that itis other nations which are causing all this pollution, and not us; and yet we're the ones being told that we need to“clean up [our] own backyard first”. We're the ones being told that we need to give up modern conveniences and necessities, because of other nations that are being irresponsible with the disposal of their trash.

Who is telling the Chinese to give up these things? Who is telling the Chinese to clean up their own messes?

I was recently in that great shithole of the west, lost angles...they don't hand out straws there. Instead, you get this plastic sippy cup arrangement on top of your cup that probably has enough plastic in it to make half a dozen straws. Liberal thinking at its finest...

The point that you are missing is that itis other nations which are causing all this pollution, and not us; and yet we're the ones being told that we need to“clean up [our] own backyard first”.

No, we're saying everyone should clean up their backyards. And that if you're not working on your own problem, you lose any moral authority on the issue.

By your standard, it's okay for the USA to ignore every environmental problem that's worse somewhere else. Your standard is an excuse to be immoral by doing nothing.

The point that you are missing is that itis other nations which are causing all this pollution, and not us; and yet we're the ones being told that we need to“clean up [our] own backyard first”.

No, we're saying everyone should clean up their backyards. And that if you're not working on your own problem, you lose any moral authority on the issue.

By your standard, it's okay for the USA to ignore every environmental problem that's worse somewhere else. Your standard is an excuse to be immoral by doing nothing.
So let’s buy $15M 12,000 sq ft mansions on the beach because we need to set an example to the world on how bad manmade climate change is!

Forum List

Back