But for----------

Very true.....but for some reason, when the want to choose the best tool to kill small children

They go with an AR-15 with large capacity magazine

Why do we insist on giving them the best tool?

Go back and count the number of times when an AR-15 style firearm was used, and then when a semi-automatic handgun was used in mass shootings.
Eliminate the circumstances where both were used, and look at your count.
Add the times where neither were used, and look at your count.

Plus, the number one school shooting (Virginia Tech), the shooter used two semi-automatic handguns, shot 170 rounds, killed 33 and wounded 23.

Vegas alone destroys your argument.

It all comes down to how much power we want an individual to have at his fingertips

Do your need a 100 round magazine and a bump stock that lets you shoot at 500 rpms?

The real question which you wish to avoid is how much Power government should have.
We the People are the Government

The government has a responsibility to protect us

No, We The People are most certainly not the government. The government represents us but is not us.
We the People, in order to create a more perfect union

And then We The People defined limits to Government Power in order to protect Individual Rights.
And?

Very true.....but for some reason, when the want to choose the best tool to kill small children

Go back and count the number of times when an AR-15 style firearm was used, and then when a semi-automatic handgun was used in mass shootings.

If you count the actual firearms by make, used in the shootings altogether, the count changes.

Plus, the number one school shooting (Virginia Tech), the shooter used two semi-automatic handguns, shot 170 rounds, killed 33 and wounded 23.
I don’t accept homework assignments

If that is your claim.......it is up to you to prove it

What argument, I didn't argue anything about Vegas?

The real question which you wish to avoid is how much Power government should have.

No, We The People are most certainly not the government. The government represents us but is not us.

And then We The People defined limits to Government Power in order to protect Individual Rights.
And?

Government is a construct created by The People. It is not The People.

Do you get to personally vote on legislation or enact executive branch decisions or sit on the Supreme Court? No, you don't. We elect parts of the government; others are appointed. The people in these positions are fallible human beings which is why we put limits in place on their power over us.

I suggest watching Altered Carbon for a good depiction of what unrestrained power does to human beings.

I don’t accept homework assignments

If that is your claim.......it is up to you to prove it

You're the one trying to make the claim their use is a reason to ban them, I didn't make that claim.
All I did was give you an avenue where you could take the opportunity to better understand what you were claiming.

Whether or not you want to, is not my problem.

It seems that they are making cars that can drive themselves for some reason. More people die horrible deaths at railroad crossings than in school shootings but nobody seems to care. It depends on how the left uses a tragedy for political purposes.

Getting rid of personally driven vehicles enables the Surveillance State to control our mobility.

I mentioned this to RWR - Altered Carbon on Netflix is a horrifying drama on what giving immortality and ultimate power to the government and tech elites will mean.

What argument, I didn't argue anything about Vegas?

Your argument that any weapon can be used.

Vegas could only have been done with the type of weapon used. 59 dead more than 500 injured. My guess is the next guy is already planning something bigger and is gathering his equipment as we speak.

Vegas could only have been done with the type of weapon used. 59 dead more than 500 injured. My guess is the next guy is already planning something bigger and is gathering his equipment as we speak.

I never made an argument that suggested Vegas was not included.
I never attempted to mitigate the actual damages suffered during the Vegas attack.
If you want to base your desire for a ban of the firearms on Vegas alone, then only refer to Vegas when making your argument.

And?

Do you get to personally vote on legislation or enact executive branch decisions or sit on the Supreme Court? No, you don't. We elect parts of the government; others are appointed. The people in these positions are fallible human beings which is why we put limits in place on their power over us.

I suggest watching Altered Carbon for a good depiction of what unrestrained power does to human beings.
That is not how a Republic works
We the People elect our representatives

Abe Lincoln described it best........a government of the People, by the People and for the People

I never made an argument that suggested Vegas was not included.
I never attempted to mitigate the actual damages suffered during the Vegas attack.
If you want to base your desire for a ban of the firearms on Vegas alone, then only refer to Vegas when making your argument.
You're a cheeky mother, aren't you?
You were arguing that fewer people were killed with ARs. While not incorrect, you miss the point that ARs are a far more capable platform across many scenarios and therefore a much greater threat.

And?

And just to prove she is a con troll and therefor has no ability to reason in the real world, Boedicca, the congenital idiot that she is, suggests that you can understand "the truth" by watching the American dystopian science fiction cyberpunk television series Altered Carbon. Poor congenital idiot is not aware that there are actual factual places that follow the truth and do not rely on television series' to explain what the world is about.

And?

And just to prove she is a con troll and therefor has no ability to reason in the real world, Boedicca, the congenital idiot that she is, suggests that you can understand "the truth" by watching the American dystopian science fiction cyberpunk television series Altered Carbon. Poor congenital idiot is not aware that there are actual factual places that follow the truth and do not rely on television series' to explain what the world is about.

I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so willfully ignorant, dull, and disingenuous.

You're a cheeky mother, aren't you?
You were arguing that fewer people were killed with ARs. While not incorrect, you miss the point that ARs are a far more capable platform across many scenarios and therefore a much greater threat.

That isn't what I argued at all.
In any case, if you want to make the argument that reducing body count is more important than addressing the shooter, that could have a lot to do with why will still have shooters, and will continue to have them.

But for a human being a baseball bat could never hit a homerun, a tennis racquet could never serve an ace, a soccer ball could never score a goal, a car could never drive across the country, AND a gun could never shoot a bullet.

Removing the inanimate object cannot control the actions of human beings. Think about it.
Sadists Love Masochists

True, but it gives a lot of pleasure to those who like to see us deplorables defenseless.

But for a human being a baseball bat could never hit a homerun, a tennis racquet could never serve an ace, a soccer ball could never score a goal, a car could never drive across the country, AND a gun could never shoot a bullet.

Removing the inanimate object cannot control the actions of human beings. Think about it.
Same goes for an RPG or shoulder mounted missile

or a tank, but I think we all agree that an average citizen should not be driving a tank to the grocery store or walking around with a ground to air missile

Why.

so what? how about jumping out of a building, or off a cliff, or driving your car into a tree? the mental state of the person is the problem, not the implement of the suicide.
Guns are the most popular means of suicide by far

Not many have the guts to jump off a building

again, do you think banning guns would stop all suicides? or reduce the number of them?

please think before answering. also, it would very difficult to shoot yourself with an AR15 or any rifle.
If you can’t stop all suicides, does that mean you shouldn’t try to stop any?

so now you want to ban all handguns in order to reduce the number of suicides? Banning large capacity magazines will not stop any suicides, it only takes one bullet, not several.

Unless you are a Clinton crony who commits suicide by two shots to the back of the head.
Let’s be honest with ourselves....
30,000 gun deaths a year and the overwhelming majority is by handguns

Banning handguns would create the biggest drop in our gun death rate.......but we all know we will never do that

So, in the absence of banning handguns, we need to nibble at the edges for other culprits. Assault guns with large capacity magazines is an obvious target
so, we know what we need to do but it will never happen so we'll do something else that will have negligible effect and call it done?

strange.

Why do we need to ensure that mass shooters get the best tools to kill school children?

Mass school shooters don't always, nor exclusively, use the tools you are attempting to ban.
The fact you don't realize or acknowledge that goes further towards identifying where we have no obligation to expect honesty or intellectual integrity in your request.

please go look again at the capacity of the mags the parkland shooter had.

then, let's just ban removable mags - there. solved.

now go look for the speed loader available for this scenario that's actually reloading the 15 rounds faster than changing a mag.

now what?

Same goes for an RPG or shoulder mounted missile

or a tank, but I think we all agree that an average citizen should not be driving a tank to the grocery store or walking around with a ground to air missile

It all comes down to how much power we want an individual to have at his fingertips

Do your need a 100 round magazine and a bump stock that lets you shoot at 500 rpms?
None of those things will let you shoot 500 rounds a minute, lying dumbass.

Guns are the most popular means of suicide by far

Not many have the guts to jump off a building

again, do you think banning guns would stop all suicides? or reduce the number of them?

please think before answering. also, it would very difficult to shoot yourself with an AR15 or any rifle.
If you can’t stop all suicides, does that mean you shouldn’t try to stop any?

so now you want to ban all handguns in order to reduce the number of suicides? Banning large capacity magazines will not stop any suicides, it only takes one bullet, not several.

Unless you are a Clinton crony who commits suicide by two shots to the back of the head.
Let’s be honest with ourselves....
30,000 gun deaths a year and the overwhelming majority is by handguns

Banning handguns would create the biggest drop in our gun death rate.......but we all know we will never do that

So, in the absence of banning handguns, we need to nibble at the edges for other culprits. Assault guns with large capacity magazines is an obvious target
so, we know what we need to do but it will never happen so we'll do something else that will have negligible effect and call it done?

strange.

You play the hand you are dealt

The gun lobby is too strong to ever ban handguns. But just because you cant stop all murders doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to stop any

Forum List

Back