But for----------

Think about it from this point of view.

A human without a baseball bat would never, ever hit a home run. Simply said, a human could not get a ball that far without an inanimate object.

They could probably do the ace though.

Getting across the country could be doable without the inanimate object, but you wouldn't get there so quickly.

And without a gun, a person would find it a LOT harder to kill people.

People with guns are far more dangerous that people without guns.

We know this. We can see this. A gun is the weapon of choice for US killers. 3/4 of all murders are with guns.

The UK murder rate is 1/4 the US murder rate. A coincidence that the UK murder rate, where gun murders are rare, is about the same as the US non-gun murder rate? I think not.

Nor defend himself from someone looking to take away his right like you.

Potentially. However the problem is the statistics show you're wrong. The US has the WORST murder rate in the Western World. Which means, with a gun, you're MORE LIKELY to be murdered....

"...which means with a gun you're more likely to be murdered..."

Ummm, NO. I already posted the statistics that show more KNIVES and more HAMMERS are used to kill people than guns., that 11 kids A DAY average die form Texting and Driving.

Based on your reasoning, you are more likely to die from a knife, hammer, and/or cell phone and a car if you own a knife, hammer, or cell phone / car that you are likely to be killed by a gun.
easy, his argument was there were more murders with a gun here rather than the rest of the world. however, I know he didn't take out suicide deaths.

I would then ask him to find the statistics of murder with knives and hammers and the rest of the world. Let's have him stay apples to apples.
BTW, he will not answer my post.

BTW I have a real life.

But for a human being a baseball bat could never hit a homerun, a tennis racquet could never serve an ace, a soccer ball could never score a goal, a car could never drive across the country, AND a gun could never shoot a bullet.

Removing the inanimate object cannot control the actions of human beings. Think about it.

A human without a baseball bat would never, ever hit a home run. Simply said, a human could not get a ball that far without an inanimate object.

Getting across the country could be doable without the inanimate object, but you wouldn't get there so quickly.

We know this. We can see this. A gun is the weapon of choice for US killers. 3/4 of all murders are with guns.

The UK murder rate is 1/4 the US murder rate. A coincidence that the UK murder rate, where gun murders are rare, is about the same as the US non-gun murder rate? I think not.

Potentially. However the problem is the statistics show you're wrong. The US has the WORST murder rate in the Western World. Which means, with a gun, you're MORE LIKELY to be murdered....
is that taking out the suicide numbers? let see your link.

No, it's murder rate. Why would murder rate include non-murders?

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

USA 4.88 per 100,000
UK 0.92 per 100,000
Switzerland 0.69 per 100,000
Spain o.66 per 100,000
South Korea 0.74 per 100,000
Portugal 0.97 per 100,000
Norway 0.56
New Zealand 0.91
Italy 0.78
Germany 0.85
France 1.58
Finland 1.60
Denmark 0.99

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2016

Now, in 2016 the US's murder rate was 5.3, so this is being a little generous to the US. 2014 was the lowest year for a long (since before the 1960s) time at 4.4.

So, even taking the US's LOWEST rate for fifty five years, it's still double most Western Countries, excluding a few like Canada, Finland and France where it's 2.5 times higher.

Still the highest rate in the Western World by A LONG WAY.

Take Chicago, New Orleans, Philly, and LA out of those numbers and tell us where we stand. Can you do that?

"...which means with a gun you're more likely to be murdered..."

Ummm, NO. I already posted the statistics that show more KNIVES and more HAMMERS are used to kill people than guns., that 11 kids A DAY average die form Texting and Driving.

Based on your reasoning, you are more likely to die from a knife, hammer, and/or cell phone and a car if you own a knife, hammer, or cell phone / car that you are likely to be killed by a gun.
easy, his argument was there were more murders with a gun here rather than the rest of the world. however, I know he didn't take out suicide deaths.

I would then ask him to find the statistics of murder with knives and hammers and the rest of the world. Let's have him stay apples to apples.

Haha.

You know I didn't take out suicide deaths.

You're a funny guy.

You're arguing a topic you don't know much about, and you're pretending you know all about it, while providing none of the data which is EASY to look up.

can you tell us how many suicides were committed with "assault rifles" ? or any rifle?

unless you can pull the trigger with your big toe, its almost impossible to kill yourself with a rifle.

New Topics

Forum List

Back