But for the Debt Ceiling

But for the debt ceiling, would Obama and the Dems even be considering any spending cuts at all?

My guess is no

I think you're right.

But for the fact that Obama is the POTUS would the GOP be demanding spending cuts before they increased the debt ceiling?

The fact that past history of Republican POTUSs raising debt ceilings while also cutting taxes suggest they wouldn't.

So what does that really tell you, Cru?

Is either party really sweating the national debt?

Not really, right?

Emphatic no. bush increased it 7 times, twice in one yr. Not a peep from his minions, like frankie. Hypocrite much, frankie?

But for the debt ceiling, would Obama and the Dems even be considering any spending cuts at all?

My guess is no

I think you're right.

But for the fact that Obama is the POTUS would the GOP be demanding spending cuts before they increased the debt ceiling?

The fact that past history of Republican POTUSs raising debt ceilings while also cutting taxes suggest they wouldn't.

So what does that really tell you, Cru?

Is either party really sweating the national debt?

Not really, right?

Emphatic no. bush increased it 7 times, twice in one yr. Not a peep from his minions, like frankie. Hypocrite much, frankie?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/174221-just-to-clear-this-up.html

Obviously not. I'm actually proud of the Republicans for staying tough on this. Raising the Debt Limit wont be business as usual this time. And all the credit goes to the Republicans for that. They will raise it but they will get some spending cuts out of it. And that's the best one can hope for. Personally,i would like to see them not raise it. But i know that's not an option. The Fear Mongering propaganda has been too strong. They have now sufficiently spooked the Sheep. So they are gonna raise it. But any spending cuts at all will be a big victory for the Republicans and the Country.

Dah! Dah!! Only government knows how to spend and invest!! Look at Hoovers and FDR's stellar track record. If only they'd spent even more!

The Stimulus should have been 46 Trillion, maybe 58 trillion, wait Miss Cleo says 176 trillion! Yes that's it!

Government spending was an Epic Fail for Hoover, FDR and Obama. At some point you need to start learning

You mean like the SSC or the Space Shuttle? Yeah, Dems killed those projects

Hoover lost it when he started implementing austerity measures. FDR transformed this country into a super power and created the Middle Class.

The Stimulus should have been 1.4 trillion with no tax cuts. It should have specifically made it clear that all spending was to be done on infrastructure and saving jobs.

President Bush had a unique opportunity to pay down the debt in the beginning of his term. He didn't. Instead he did what conservatives always do..funneled the wealth of the country into the hands of the few.

I personally have no interest in living in a third world theocratic backwater..with a big army. That's what conservatives are now and always been trying transform the United States into.

Indeed, so Obama could have laughed even harder about those not so shovel ready projects......

New Topics

Forum List

Back