But baking a cake for a gay wedding offends the sanctity of marriage....

bake-the-cake-indian-tolerance-anti-christian-bigotry-homosexual-movement-transparent-pic.png
Hi Hossfly :bye1:
I can't see the picture you've posted :)
I can.
bake-the-cake-indian-tolerance-anti-christian-bigotry-homosexual-movement-transparent-pic.png
So...you have a problem with PA laws....what are you actively doing to get them repealed in your state?
I don't live in PA. I live in NC and TX.
Ok...so you are happy with their PA laws? Who are you to tell a state you don't live in how to set up their laws then?
I don't know what PA's laws are and I don't care.

I just wanna share a few images I found online, and then I want you folks to remind me again, how it is the very thought of baking a cake for a gay wedding that offends the sanctity of marriage:

a-classy-dress-her-grandma-would-approve-of-photo-u1.jpg

consider-a-cake-that-celebrates-ya-ll-s-interests-photo-u1.jpg

make-sure-and-select-ya-ll-s-pastor-with-care-ya-only-get-married-3-or-4-times-photo-u1.jpg

But, it's the very notion of baking a cake for a gay marriage that " offends the sanctity of marriage", right?

Are you saying you think homosexuals are tacky? Or that you think tackiness is a sin? Sorry, but whatever comparison you're trying to draw here is escaping me. It's not that I don't think "Thou shalt not be white trash" SHOULDN'T be the 11th Commandment, but I'm pretty sure it ISN'T actually.

On the issue of a bakery being FORCED by law to bake a wedding cake for a 'gay' wedding , that should not happen in the USA Czern !!
Sorry, but I disagree. The law is clear - if you provide a service, you do not get to decide to withhold that service from an entire class of person, just because you find them personally distasteful. Period. full stop.

Ah, the ever-popular leftist inability to tell the difference between "legal" and "right".

On the issue of a bakery being FORCED by law to bake a wedding cake for a 'gay' wedding , that should not happen in the USA Czern !!
Sorry, but I disagree. The law is clear - if you provide a service, you do not get to decide to withhold that service from an entire class of person, just because you find them personally distasteful. Period. full stop.

Ah, the ever-popular leftist inability to tell the difference between "legal" and "right".
Actually it is you moralists who seem to have the problem with that distinction. "Right" is a matter of personal determination, and you are constantly trying to codify your perceptions of "right and wrong" into law.

There are a number of rights involved here. Does a private individual have the freedom of association, the freedom of religion, and the freedom to operate his own private property as he deems fit, or does the simple fact that he opened his business make him subserviant to the demands of a few customers? That aside, the lefts hipocricy on this issue is one sided and damning. See video below.

Here is my problem with your video. It has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened. Tell me something. When I go into a bakery, and I go through the catalogue, pick out a wedding cake, and say, I would like this cake baked for my wedding, please. What is the proper response to that request? (Here is a hint: It should not be "Who are you marrying?")

Straw man.

I just wanna share a few images I found online, and then I want you folks to remind me again, how it is the very thought of baking a cake for a gay wedding that offends the sanctity of marriage:

make-sure-and-select-ya-ll-s-pastor-with-care-ya-only-get-married-3-or-4-times-photo-u1.jpg

But, it's the very notion of baking a cake for a gay marriage that " offends the sanctity of marriage", right?

I say you fail on this one. You can find another baker to bake a cake for your wedding and even though I personally disagree with the baker the more I think about it the more I believe the couple were as wrong as the baker and they should have gone to another baker.

I know you will disagree and claim the baker must bake the cake and if not they should be put out,of business but for me the couple could have found another baker too.

Now would you force a Church to marry same sex couples and if yes then would you force Muslims to adhere to these same rules?

I say you fail on this one. You can find another baker to bake a cake for your wedding and even though I personally disagree with the baker the more I think about it the more I believe the couple were as wrong as the baker and they should have gone to another baker.

I know you will disagree and claim the baker must bake the cake and if not they should be put out,of business but for me the couple could have found another baker too.

Now would you force a Church to marry same sex couples and if yes then would you force Muslims to adhere to these same rules?

If refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple is discrimination based on a persons sexual orientation then isn't boycotting a business because of the owners religious beliefs religious discrimination? Whats the difference?

People should buy and sell with anyone based on the quality of work and ability to pay. Simple.

Anyway, gay marriage is the law of the land and no matter how catholic or muslim a person is they can't do a damn thing about it, just as it should be...

Amen and hallelujah.

If refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple is discrimination based on a persons sexual orientation then isn't boycotting a business because of the owners religious beliefs religious discrimination? Whats the difference?

People should buy and sell with anyone based on the quality of work and ability to pay. Simple.

Anyway, gay marriage is the law of the land and no matter how catholic or muslim a person is they can't do a damn thing about it, just as it should be...

Amen and hallelujah.
The difference is that a business owner does not have a guarantee of patronage. However, they do offer a guarantee of service. Now, does that mean they are never allowed to refuse service to anyone? Of course not. After all, we have all seen the "We reserve the right to refuse service" signs. However, there is a second half of that sign that is implied and understood: "We reserve the right to refuse service...to customers who are being disruptive, or breaking the law" In other words, that right is not blanket permission to discrimination and bigotry.

Forum List

Back