BUSTED! - The Acorn Busters - Go ahead, use the "F" word - Felony

It may yet turn out that the accused is innocent.

Just a thought.

He will (my guess) be required to admit to SOME "crime" and he might even actually be guilty of SOME crime.

But he may very well not be guilty of anything nearly as serious as the "story" first suggested.

The news out about this silly effort suggests it's a tempest in a teapot.

And, it remains true, having said that, that his explanation doesn't necessarily excuse his behavior entirely.

BUSTED! - The Acorn Busters

A conservative activist who made undercover videos of the liberal community-organizing group ACORN was one of four men charged Tuesday with attempting to illegally access and manipulate the phone system in a district office of U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana.

Stupid is as stupid does, regardless of whether they're a conservative or a liberal.

:clap2:

A conservative activist who made undercover videos of the liberal community-organizing group ACORN was one of four men charged Tuesday with attempting to illegally access and manipulate the phone system in a district office of U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana.

4 charged in U.S. Senate office infiltration in New Orleans - CNN.com

Louisiana families are shocked and outraged that these men would break the law to carry out their political agenda

If convicted, the four men would each face a possible maximum penalty of a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison

That video and others by O'Keefe and his associate led to the dismissal of four ACORN employees who appeared to offer advice to the couple and to federal legislation barring the group from receiving federal funds. But a review by former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, who was hired by ACORN to examine the issue, found no wrongdoing by ACORN employees.

"While some of the advice and counsel given by ACORN employees and volunteers was clearly inappropriate and unprofessional, we did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff," Harshbarger's report concluded. "In fact, there is no evidence that action, illegal or otherwise, was taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers."

"Don't just respond to news, but actually create your own headlines," O'Keefe is quoted as saying by CampusReform.org.--------------------------

Part of the Republican "agenda"? Laws and ethics don't matter?

When conservatives do this they get nailed.

When Democrats do this they get promoted.

Poor, poor little victim conservatives. Just because they keep getting caught in illegal activities.

You just implied numbers, GO ahead provide us with this list.

When conservatives do this they get nailed.

When Democrats do this they get promoted.

Poor, poor little victim conservatives. Just because they keep getting caught in illegal activities.

Funny, I was going to ask mudwhistle for some evidence.

Fact is, lib or con makes no difference. A criminal is a criminal and stupidity is stupidity. How about we all stop making excuses for our "own" and holding dumbass criminals up as heroes, on both sides?

But I still reserve the right to laugh at them. ;)

4 charged in U.S. Senate office infiltration in New Orleans - CNN.com

Louisiana families are shocked and outraged that these men would break the law to carry out their political agenda

If convicted, the four men would each face a possible maximum penalty of a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison

That video and others by O'Keefe and his associate led to the dismissal of four ACORN employees who appeared to offer advice to the couple and to federal legislation barring the group from receiving federal funds. But a review by former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, who was hired by ACORN to examine the issue, found no wrongdoing by ACORN employees.

"While some of the advice and counsel given by ACORN employees and volunteers was clearly inappropriate and unprofessional, we did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff," Harshbarger's report concluded. "In fact, there is no evidence that action, illegal or otherwise, was taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers."

"Don't just respond to news, but actually create your own headlines," O'Keefe is quoted as saying by CampusReform.org.

--------------------------

Part of the Republican "agenda"? Laws and ethics don't matter?

I'm so happy they got caught. :) Keystone Kops..

Yes thank God....we can't have him exposing anymore corruption by the left.:eusa_angel:

Landrieu's office stopped talking calls from constituents. O'Keefe wanted to get the office on tape saying "there's nothing wrong with our phones, we're just not answering them"

End of story

Landrieu's office stopped talking calls from constituents. O'Keefe wanted to get the office on tape saying "there's nothing wrong with our phones, we're just not answering them"

End of story

End of story will be when he is released after serving time for this crime!:razz:

End of story

Nice defense theory Frank, which law school did you attend? I swear, you're even dumber than I thought.

Last edited:

Funny, I was going to ask mudwhistle for some evidence.

Fact is, lib or con makes no difference. A criminal is a criminal and stupidity is stupidity. How about we all stop making excuses for our "own" and holding dumbass criminals up as heroes, on both sides?

But I still reserve the right to laugh at them. ;)

Obama's Treasury Secretary Tim Gyntner comes to mind right now.

Worked at the Fed...oversaw the banking collapse...lied to Congress under oath during his confirmation hearings....cheated on his taxes and now he's in charge of the IRS.

Last edited:

You mean like not complying with a FOIA request like your heroes at East Angelia?

Frank, what legal charges are the people at East Anglia facing? None whatsoever. An internal academic investigation concerning ethics. Do you understand the differance.

Oh well, I thought not.:doubt:

Do you understand that the decrease in atmospheric water vapor is responsible for the decline East Angelia got caught trying to hide?

End of story

CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR!

Well, perhaps not of the kind we call illegal wiretapping or eavesdropping.

But maybe (possibly) trespassing. It's not like a Senator's Office is open to the taxpaying public or anything.

I'm glad little Hannah wasn't involved in this episode, however. I don't think she'd look half as cute in an orange jumpsuit or pinstriped jammies.

End of story

End of story will be when he is released after serving time for this crime!:razz:

WHAT "crime" exactly?

Define how the alleged behavior amounts to criminal conduct.

(By the way, it is within the realm of possibility that it does. I'm just betting that YOU have no notion, however, if it actually does or doesn't.)

End of story

Nice defense theory Frank, which law school did you attend? I swear, you're even dumber than I thought.

Actually, and not surprisingly, it is you who is looking foolish.

O'Keefe is charged with illegal entry for the purpose of committing a felony.

Whether his entry was actually illegal or not is one question. However, IF his entry was for the purpose of committing some other crime (especially a felony), the issue of whether his entry was actually illegal is not that important.

So if we hold-off on judging whether there is any valid proof that his entry was "illegal," and instead focus on the main element, let's see where we go.

The main element appears to be "for the purpose of committing a felony." See: O’Keefe Goes Public With Defense on Landrieu Controversy JONATHAN TURLEY

What felony is it that you and guys like you believe the evidence shows that O'Keefe intended to commit inside the Senator's office?

EDIT:

By the way, Turley's read on O'Keefe's stunt --and on O'Keefe's lack of judgment -- makes his piece worth the effort of clicking on the link and taking a look. It happens to be a fair assessment, in my estimation. I think O'Keefe is probably guilty of having committed the lesser offense. And yes, lying to a federal officer (even when not under oath) is a crime on the books. So, O'Keefe may very well be facing some serious consequences. It is curious to me that if he has a lawyer, his lawyer is not reining-in his/her client from speaking to the press or the public.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back